The Junk Box

Big Threads

Re: The Junk Box

Postby measurer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Nucks wrote:What’s the difference between modding and forum support? Anonymity?

Yes, I wanted to remain anonymous and NOT have banning tools to hand, for II didn't trust myself not to use them. It served it's purpose at the time and also this is why out of all the admins, I am the one with the least amount of bans to her stick. I had been able to handle them without needing a ban stick and knew if it got bad, the admins of the day would do what had to be done.
measurer

Postby dis » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Hobbit wrote:
Guest wrote:
Hobbit wrote:Just to clarify I actually said that I would be happy to work as forum support (in fact I suggested it) before I was modded, when Stooo first suggested it to me

you people really have no idea about me at all, but carry on making your assumptions if it helps you

and please stop talking about me like I'm not here, this is a forum not a debating society

Why are you modding, it seems to make you angry. Do you really need that?

as I said - you people really have no idea about me

the people who actually know me in real life know that I rarely get angry, but again if your assumptions help you then go for it

I think they made a good decision when the picked you, but I would always think that.

I'd be hellish at it, for all manner of reasons I would be just hellish.
dis

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:58 pm

McAz wrote:
Hobbit wrote:Just to clarify I actually said that I would be happy to work as forum support (in fact I suggested it) before I was modded, when Stooo first suggested it to me

you people really have no idea about me at all, but carry on making your assumptions if it helps you

and please stop talking about me like I'm not here, this is a forum not a debating society

Yep...

McAz wrote:As an alternative then I would seek to discourage the us (admin) and them (the members) culture that some, including myself, perceive to be developing on here.

oh do piss off please

you in that sense is a generic term and refers to everyone that doesn't actually know me, nothing to do with admin and non-admin

funny the only people that perceive they are treated differently are the ones that are twats to me
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:58 pm

McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:The resurrection of "Forum Support" might have been the wiser course. :dunno:

Yeah, it went so well last time...

The idea is sound enough especially if it's confined to approving guest posts and general tidying up duties - and no public egos to make things worse.

Is this a clumsy attempt at suggesting Hobbit should have only been asked to help out as Forum Support?

I see you've clocked up yet another full day of sentient Dogs vigilance, whilst dispensing your (imagined) pearls of wisdom and (completely unsolicited) advice on how people should behave and how things should run here.

Like or loathe Murasaki, at least she doesn't shy away from clearly stating what she has a problem with. Unlike the persistent background noise of your constant whining and sneering, masquerading as 'logic' and 'guidance'.

Cannot stand mealy-mouthed, self-important, meddlesome old windbags like you :roll:

If only you'd learn to wait for the conversation to develop before jumping in then all would become clear to you. Try not to let your vagina do your thinking for you, sweetheart. :laughing:

Ah go fuck yourself you pompous, deluded old twat. I strongly suspect the only 'voice' you have anywhere these days is online. So sick of your daily pontificating sermons and sneering, ffs.

Do you keep a commode by your laptop?
Vam

Postby McAz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:00 pm

Not necessarily - the difference perhaps can be likened to the difference between a daily and a wife. A daily cannot give you earache arising from their incessant ego or ban you from the marital bed. :laughing:
McAz

Postby jra » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:01 pm

Bit of advice from an admin/mod point of view.

Sometimes you have to separate yourself from being a standard poster and being an admin/mod. Even on a board like this no admin/mod should verbally abuse any of their posters. This is general forum etiquette. Tell them to stop doing what they are doing, even ban them, but don't call them cunts or tell them to fuck off etc.
jra

Postby McAz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:01 pm

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:If only you'd learn to wait for the conversation to develop before jumping in then all would become clear to you. Try not to let your vagina do your thinking for you, sweetheart. :laughing:

Ah go fuck yourself you pompous, deluded old twat. I strongly suspect the only 'voice' you have anywhere these days is online. So sick of your daily pontificating sermons and sneering, ffs.

Do you keep a commode by your laptop?

I hear those lips a-flapping again, Momma. *waft* *waft*. :laughing:
Last edited by McAz on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:02 pm

jra wrote:Bit of advice from an admin/mod point of view.

Sometimes you have to separate yourself from being a standard poster and being an admin/mod. Even on a board like this no admin/mod should verbally abuse any of their posters. This is general forum etiquette. Tell them to stop doing what they are doing, even ban them, but don't call them cunts or tell them to fuck off etc.

fuck off c**t

(see what I did)
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:03 pm

measurer wrote:

Yes, I wanted to remain anonymous and NOT have banning tools to hand, for II didn't trust myself not to use them. It served it's purpose at the time and also this is why out of all the admins, I am the one with the least amount of bans to her stick. I had been able to handle them without needing a ban stick and knew if it got bad, the admins of the day would do what had to be done.

Ah ok. And any admin can do forum support? We (members) would just be unaware who was using the account or something?
Nucks

Postby measurer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:04 pm

McAz wrote:

Not necessarily - the difference perhaps can be likened to the difference between a daily and a wife. A daily cannot give you earache arising from their incessant ego or ban you from the marital bed. :laughing:

It IS anonymity! And if ur fucking the daily, she can give you earache and withhold sex just as much as the wife! :slap:
measurer

Postby measurer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:06 pm

Nucks wrote:
measurer wrote:

Ah ok. And any admin can do forum support? We (members) would just be unaware who was using the account or something?

Admin weren't chosen as FS. It is way wiser not to let them know who is chastising them for their behaviour. I had just been a member like you up until then. :)
measurer

Postby McAz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:06 pm

Hobbit wrote:
McAz wrote:

Yep...

McAz wrote:As an alternative then I would seek to discourage the us (admin) and them (the members) culture that some, including myself, perceive to be developing on here.

oh do piss off please

you in that sense is a generic term and refers to everyone that doesn't actually know me, nothing to do with admin and non-admin

funny the only people that perceive they are treated differently are the ones that are twats to me

In your Admin role you are here to help out, not to be "known" or "understood". It's not about "you".
Last edited by McAz on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby Text » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:06 pm

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:The resurrection of "Forum Support" might have been the wiser course. :dunno:

Yeah, it went so well last time...

The idea is sound enough especially if it's confined to approving guest posts and general tidying up duties - and no public egos to make things worse.

Is this a clumsy attempt at suggesting Hobbit should have only been asked to help out as Forum Support?

I see you've clocked up yet another full day of sentient Dogs vigilance, whilst dispensing your (imagined) pearls of wisdom and (completely unsolicited) advice on how people should behave and how things should run here.

Like or loathe Murasaki, at least she doesn't shy away from clearly stating what she has a problem with. Unlike the persistent background noise of your constant whining and sneering, masquerading as 'logic' and 'guidance'.

Cannot stand mealy-mouthed, self-important, meddlesome old windbags like you :roll:

Like he gives a fuck whether you can stand him or not.
He is harmlessly giving his opinion on how to improve things on here and you are giving him grief for choosing his words carefully?
Would you prefer him to be full-on offensive? Then you'd moan too.
Text

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:07 pm

McAz wrote:
Hobbit wrote:
McAz wrote:

Yep...

oh do piss off please

In your Admin role you are here to help out, not to be "known" or "understood". It's not about "you".

what a dick :pmsl: :pmsl:

if it's not about me then perhaps people should stop talking about me - just a thought
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Goodwife » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:08 pm

Vam wrote:@ Murasaki - fwiw, my two cents... :dunno:

Rightly or wrongly, I'm also sensing that a mod here has gone right off me and has been on my case a bit recently. The situation is making me feel more subdued and increasingly hesitant about posting freely.

The difference between us is that I don't have your proprietorial sense of entitlement around here, and I don't log in to trash the site and continuously whine about admin several times a week. Nor do I exploit any 'friendship' with Stooo, to try and impose my will and call the shots here.

I just accept it is what it is. Why can't you do that? :dunno:

I nearly pissed myself laughing at this :pmsl:

Must be another postercalled Vam that routinely posts to Stoo that if he mods up anyone you don't like you will be off.

Not to you Vam but just in keeping with whats been talked about

I think abs made a really good post earlier and Mcaz has been spot on.

Its all getting a bit boring now and going round in circles. The he said/she said and shit stirring is off the scale.

All people seem to want is to post on dogs and have a laugh as they were before and I don't just include myself andLady M in that, other people on dogs have made comments today and the last few days to say they are sick of all this.

So yes, maybe people do need to take a step back. Even with all the arguments Dogs was a little community and now its just a shadow of its former self. Trying to pin the blame on one side or another is futile because its not just one person to blame for this mess.

Stooo said to me a while ago to drop it and get on with posting and enjoying the site. Maybe everyone needs to take heed of his advice. Anyway just my 2p orth. :more beer:
Goodwife

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive