What you up to today? #3

Big Threads

Re: What you up to today? #3

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:43 am

NastyNickers wrote:I’ve just done two days of training up in Preston and I am fucked. Mostly because it involved other people and people fuck me off.

There was one bloke who was the typical “cheeky chappy” salesman bellend who thought he was the dogs bollocks, but really just came across as an arrogant, chauvinist pig desperate for a leg over cos he got a couple of nights away from the wife.

I developed an irrational hate for him :mrgreen:

It was rational :mrgreen:

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:25 pm

I got the second interview :canny: Didn't do as bad as I thought. Or I did and others did worse. Which helps a lot.

Postby Bessie » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Guest wrote:I got the second interview :canny: Didn't do as bad as I thought. Or I did and others did worse. Which helps a lot.

:Wiiiine!:
Bessie

Postby Vam » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:50 pm

Guest wrote:I got the second interview :canny: Didn't do as bad as I thought. Or I did and others did worse. Which helps a lot.

:smilin: ... I had a feeling you would - that's why I said "I hope you get a second shot"

Well done, and fingers crossed for you!
Vam

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Vam wrote:

:smilin: ... I had a feeling you would - that's why I said "I hope you get a second shot"

Well done, and fingers crossed for you!

Cheers Vam.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:33 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:I haven't had an interview in donkey's years so take this advice with a pinch of salt but apparently one of the best interview techniques is, before the questioning of your CV / experience begins, to ask the interviewers something along the lines of "the reason you called me for an interview is because my experience is right for your company. So what makes you think I'm great for this role?"

This reframes the interview as a conversation rather than a grilling, starts off the interview by compelling the interviewers to form positive associations of you from the start (you know the people who say first impressions don't matter? They're idiots) and reasons why it would be in their interests rather than yours to give you the job.

If I was interviewing you that would piss me off enough to give you the heave ho! :mrgreen: :shoot:

Yes, because that's likely to happen.

:gigglesnshit: Yeah, like you’d ever get to an interview stage.

Fair point.

I've got no interest in selling pot pourri.

:pmsl: Pot pourri?
Lady Murasaki

Postby jra » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:05 am

Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
Guest wrote:
jra wrote:If one turns up late for an interview, tick that job application off the list, unless there are exceptional circumstances justifying one being late.

I wasn't late. I was early. Interviews were running late.

That's fair enough then.

I was talking in general, but in your case I'd be a bit annoyed about their timekeeping, but of course you can't say that in the interview.

Just like when you've made the effort to turn up to a hospital, GP or dental appointment on time and you have to wait around for ages.

I have missed one hospital appointment and got what I'd call a fairly stroppy letter in the post saying I didn't turn up. I don't write them letters every time my appointments have been delayed, on one occasion for over an hour.

I don't mind waiting. I understand that people are not objects and each may take a different amount of time. I understand that prior to my appointment there may have been circumstances that led to the lateness out of their control.

If you found your appointment displeasing you should have spoken up. I know my surgery has feedback forms where you can write a review And on their website. This will help them to improve services if you give feedback.

I did speak up. I went to reception and said to them 'if I don't see the GP/consultant within the next 15 minutes, I'm walking out'. That got things moving. However I didn't fill in a feedback form, as delays are inevitable until they employ more staff, but they know that already.
jra

Postby jra » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:09 am

NastyNickers wrote:I’ve just done two days of training up in Preston and I am fucked. Mostly because it involved other people and people fuck me off.

There was one bloke who was the typical “cheeky chappy” salesman bellend who thought he was the dogs bollocks, but really just came across as an arrogant, chauvinist pig desperate for a leg over cos he got a couple of nights away from the wife.

I think you're over egging the cake a bit there.
jra

Postby Dean » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:11 am

jra wrote:

Over egging the cake? Is that a Luton saying?
Dean

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:11 am

jra wrote:

yeah, he was probably just trying to get her attention
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Frankly » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:12 am

jra wrote:

:dunno: Were you there too?
Frankly

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:19 am

jra wrote:

Anything for a bit of attention on here.

She’s probably just pissed off that he fancied the women with big boobs and not her. Doing the Duck Face probably didn’t help LOL.

Postby Nucks » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:19 am

At one time men had to enlist in the military for a short period to serve their country, after work today I think alternatively everyone should have to work retail for that same period. It would greatly reduce the number of dense, irritating fuckers who go shopping.
Nucks

Postby jra » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:43 am

Dean wrote:
jra wrote:

Google it Dean.

Also 'over egging the pudding'.
jra

Postby Dean » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:45 am

jra wrote:
Dean wrote:
jra wrote:

Google it Dean.

Also 'over egging the pudding'.

Never once in my lifetime have I heard or seen it written as “over egging the cake” you stupid nonce...

Just admit you fucked up and move on...
Dean

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive