What you up to today? #3

Big Threads

Re: What you up to today? #3

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:41 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
NastyNickers wrote: The raw, sad grief has been replaced by this kind of wishful “what would he be” feeling. He was 21, and in the 5 years he’s been gone I bet he would have grown so much. And that’s more like a deep ache of missing out.

For sure. All that glorious talent which won't come to fruition, all that could have been which hasn't.

I guess one of the best tributes we can make to those we have lost then is to make the fullest of our potential in the life we have to live which they did not have the opportunity to do so in their own. The dead are gone and do not have that ability. We are not.

This is our philosophy since then. It’s on the back of his grave stone too. Rhys was always so positive, even when he was diagnosed with cancer. It’d be an insult to use him as a reason to be miserable. But yes. You’re ever so wise on the sly, Avon.
Attachments
8E4CE56C-68FD-4ADD-8430-F2B66EECEB6C.jpeg
NastyNickers

Postby banana chewits » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:47 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
NastyNickers wrote: The raw, sad grief has been replaced by this kind of wishful “what would he be” feeling. He was 21, and in the 5 years he’s been gone I bet he would have grown so much. And that’s more like a deep ache of missing out.

For sure. All that glorious talent which won't come to fruition, all that could have been which hasn't.

I guess one of the best tributes we can make to those we have lost then is to make the fullest of our potential in the life we have to live which they did not have the opportunity to do so in their own. The dead are gone and do not have that ability. We are not.

This is our philosophy since then. It’s on the back of his grave stone too. Rhys was always so positive, even when he was diagnosed with cancer. It’d be an insult to use him as a reason to be miserable. But yes. You’re ever so wise on the sly, Avon.

i wish i had avon's wisdom, nn. we need a cuddle smiley on here.
banana chewits

Postby Nucks » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:58 am

NastyNickers wrote:Today was the anniversary of my brothers death.
But I also found out my besty is having a little boy.
So a happy sad day of mostly moping.

{{{<3}}}

I always have a lot of what ifs when I think about my son. What would he look like now, would he be in love, those kinds of wonderings. x
Nucks

Postby Nucks » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:04 am

Guest wrote:
Nucks wrote:I was planning to pop over to the pharmacy but it’s been chucking it down in classic Blackpool style all day.

But isn’t Blackpool a traditional beach resort ?

The weather is no better or worse in the summer, but off-season I imagine the main reason people come here is the cheap accommodation and Pleasure Beach. It’s certainly not for the sunshine. It rains sideways sometimes.
Nucks

Postby Vam » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:05 am

banana chewits wrote:

:smilin: I wish you could have seen what he said to me when my husband died. I'll never forget that (even printed out his post :oops: )

@Nucks... :wubbers: x
Vam

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:16 am

Vam wrote:
banana chewits wrote:

:smilin: I wish you could have seen what he said to me when my husband died. I'll never forget that (even printed out his post :oops: )

@Nucks... :wubbers: x

Was that here or on FH? If it was here you could link Nucks to it. Avon's always been a very pleasant and engaging poster, he's nice to everyone.

Postby Vam » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:30 pm

@ Guesty...no, it was here. I'll try to find it for you/Nucks/Nic a bit later :wink:
Vam

Postby Vam » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:27 pm

Guest wrote:Was that here or on FH? If it was here you could link Nucks to it. Avon's always been a very pleasant and engaging poster, he's nice to everyone.

... and here it is

Avon wrote:Whatever gets you through my dear. We could talk about the Kubler Ross Grief Cycle all day but really it is something you can only go through in your own way. Do not be afraid to talk but more importantly do not be afraid to let yourself feel - be that anger, despair, rage, fear, guilt and yes, sometimes even happiness.

For me grief is like a patchwork coat. It is something you wear and you add to over time with your thoughts, memories and feelings. Sometimes it becomes almost unbearable to have it on your back, sometimes it is lighter, sometimes it is comforting, sometimes you do not need it at all.

Over time it changes until one day it appears almost beautiful. But no matter how long it remains hanging in your wardrobe unworn you cannot seem to leave it behind completely because it is part of your history...

I hope peace finds you.

http://www.thesleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30906&hilit=coat&start=1110&sid=6141f504b3887f80a342b14b70f4bc7e
Vam

Postby Niv » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:41 pm

Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:Was that here or on FH? If it was here you could link Nucks to it. Avon's always been a very pleasant and engaging poster, he's nice to everyone.

... and here it is

Avon wrote:Whatever gets you through my dear. We could talk about the Kubler Ross Grief Cycle all day but really it is something you can only go through in your own way. Do not be afraid to talk but more importantly do not be afraid to let yourself feel - be that anger, despair, rage, fear, guilt and yes, sometimes even happiness.

For me grief is like a patchwork coat. It is something you wear and you add to over time with your thoughts, memories and feelings. Sometimes it becomes almost unbearable to have it on your back, sometimes it is lighter, sometimes it is comforting, sometimes you do not need it at all.

Over time it changes until one day it appears almost beautiful. But no matter how long it remains hanging in your wardrobe unworn you cannot seem to leave it behind completely because it is part of your history...

I hope peace finds you.

http://www.thesleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30906&hilit=coat&start=1110&sid=3931201dc56ec01ce0c4ca65527c1bea

Wow :wubbers:

He's an insightful, lovely sort of dude our Avon eh?
Niv

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:43 pm

Vam wrote:

... and here it is

I hope peace finds you.

http://www.thesleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30906&hilit=coat&start=1110&sid=79f96fd0d1cf73e532fd3c0164b5d935

:pmsl:

Postby Vam » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:56 pm

Nivarna wrote:
Wow :wubbers:

He's an insightful, lovely sort of dude our Avon eh?

He's what I'd call a 'natural born sweetheart' :mrgreen:

He goes back since way before my time around these parts, but I've yet to see anyone post a single bad word against the guy.
Vam

Postby Nucks » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:15 pm

Aww :wubwub:
Nucks

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 pm

Nucks wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:Today was the anniversary of my brothers death.
But I also found out my besty is having a little boy.
So a happy sad day of mostly moping.

{{{<3}}}

I always have a lot of what ifs when I think about my son. What would he look like now, would he be in love, those kinds of wonderings. x

Yes! That’s what I was getting at. It’s weird. I think them wonderings make me feel more heartsick than the actual grief now. The grief I have learnt to carry.
Of course, you’re a parent. It must be hella difficult for you.
NastyNickers

Postby xtras1 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:47 pm

Vam wrote:

... and here it is

I hope peace finds you.

http://www.thesleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30906&hilit=coat&start=1110&sid=c8e95d2a2ddeb105cb0069e249fe4199

That is so beautiful :bawlin:
xtras1

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:56 pm

If we never meet again this side of heaven ......
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive