Random Stuff # 25

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff # 25

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:33 pm

Stooo wrote:Of course they do.

Name names!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Jobless Oddball

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:43 pm

God I hope all the animals are alright at Chester zoo.
:bawlin:
NastyNickers

Postby Vam » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:58 pm

NastyNickers wrote:God I hope all the animals are alright at Chester zoo.

"We had to evacuate and watched the orangutans come out of the building. I think it was a mum, dad and two baby orangutans. Two of them were holding their blankets"

Vam

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:25 pm

All out safe, as are all visitors and staff. No injuries reported, we were on scene.

Postby Stooo » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Guest wrote:

All out safe, as are all visitors and staff. No injuries reported, we were on scene.

Apart from the people that the crocodiles et...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:23 pm

Guest wrote:

Oh thank god.
We went for my 4 year olds birthday at the end of October. There were so many animals in that rainforest thing.
They’ve done amazing to evacuate them all.
NastyNickers

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:58 am

Oh not all safe. This makes me so sad. The poor little loves :bawlin:
Attachments
7DF73B49-AE21-43E1-BD85-2AD38BF70DDB.jpeg
NastyNickers

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:51 pm

NastyNickers wrote:Oh not all safe. This makes me so sad. The poor little loves :bawlin:

I wouldn't have thought the fish were in danger. And the birds? Just let them out.

Postby Niv » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Guest wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:Oh not all safe. This makes me so sad. The poor little loves :bawlin:

I wouldn't have thought the fish were in danger. And the birds? Just let them out.

From the articles that I have read, it seems the enclosures where the birds, fish, insects and frogs were kept were very close to where the fire broke out. Many of them were rare, or endangered they say. I think it was more a case of getting as many of the more larger endangered animals out further from the fire that took priority. The smaller animals may have perished, so were deemed low priority.
Niv

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Chester Zoo has confirmed that some of its animals were killed during a devastating fire.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/c ... ailsignout
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:39 pm

Guest wrote:

Tanks break when roofs fall on them unfortunately of crack and leak due to heat.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:05 pm

Nivana wrote:
Guest wrote:

From the articles that I have read, it seems the enclosures where the birds, fish, insects and frogs were kept were very close to where the fire broke out. Many of them were rare, or endangered they say. I think it was more a case of getting as many of the more larger endangered animals out further from the fire that took priority. The smaller animals may have perished, so were deemed low priority.

Yes they were deemed low priority and that is what upsets me. They made sure the orangutans were alright because that is what makes them money but all it would have took for some of the others is to have opened their cage. High priority should be where the fire is at and The orangutans could have been saved too.

Postby Dean » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:19 pm

Dead on here lately... :ooer:
Dean

Postby jra » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:23 pm

"We are though, devastated to say that we were unable to save some of our insects, frogs, fish and small birds who were located near to the outbreak of the fire. It’s absolutely heart-breaking to lose any animal, especially when conservationists have worked so hard to breed these wonderful species.

I think irony is lost on the human race sometimes.

If if weren't for humans causing these animals to reach a point of near extinction and/or reach endangered status, then they wouldn't need to be kept in a zoo for conservation purposes and have a better chance of escaping in the event of a fire.

You've got a subset of humans trying to kill every animal that moves and another subset of humans trying to save/conserve them. That's what happens when humans upset the balance of nature, the main reason being there are too many of us on the planet.
jra

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:25 pm

not all animals become extinct due to human intervention, and some are stopped from being extinct purely by human intervention

you're like eeyore without any of his redeeming qualities
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive