Brexit Satire 2

Big Threads

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby Cannydc » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:05 pm

jra wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Martin’s Wetherspoon chain has just increased prices for food and drinks for a fifth time in two years - despite claiming that food price rises as a result of Brexit are a myth.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-5929780

Lot's of retailers are doing it using Brexit as an excuse to justify increases in prices. That may mean prices are not necessarily increasing because of Brexit.

Besides Brexit hasn't happened yet. We are still in the EU. So at best these are predictive price increases.

Next, we'll be hearing the TOCs will be increasing prices even more due to Brexit.

Are you suggesting that Timmy Martin is an underhand, lying bastard who is lining his pockets by falsely inflating prices at the expense of those who are generally least able to afford it?

Well, I'm convinced.
Cannydc

Postby jra » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Cannydc wrote:
jra wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Martin’s Wetherspoon chain has just increased prices for food and drinks for a fifth time in two years - despite claiming that food price rises as a result of Brexit are a myth.

Lot's of retailers are doing it using Brexit as an excuse to justify increases in prices. That may mean prices are not necessarily increasing because of Brexit.

Besides Brexit hasn't happened yet. We are still in the EU. So at best these are predictive price increases.

Next, we'll be hearing the TOCs will be increasing prices even more due to Brexit.

Are you suggesting that Timmy Martin is an underhand, lying bastard who is lining his pockets by falsely inflating prices at the expense of those who are generally least able to afford it?

Well, I'm convinced.

Might be, but there again Wetherspoons prices are pretty competitive to start off with.

These five times in two years price increases are exactly how much?

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-5704182
jra

Postby Stooo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:17 pm

Cannydc wrote:
jra wrote:

Well, I'm convinced.

He's had to pay his bills...

Wetherspoon's profits plunge by 19% :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:30 pm

jra wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
jra wrote:

Well, I'm convinced.

Might be, but there again Wetherspoons prices are pretty competitive to start off with.

These five times in two years price increases are exactly how much?

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-5704182

The item most quoted is their burger + drink which has risen by 7% from £7.25 to £7.75. The popular "2 for £5" dessert deal has also been withdrawn. Beer has certainly gone up too.
Cannydc

Postby jra » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:14 pm

While we are on the subject of food/drink price increases.

=

COOKERY: Food Unwrapped
On: Channel 4 (4)
Date: Friday 15th March 2019 (starting in 5 hours and 47 minutes)
Time: 20:00 to 21:00 (1 hour long)

Chaos at the Checkout.
Food Unwrapped tries to make sense of Brexit the only way it knows how, by asking what will happen to the food on our shelves, in our fridges and on our plates, and how our supermarkets will look and behave after we leave the EU.
(Stereo, Subtitles, Audio Described, 2012, 3 Star)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marked By: 'Favourite: Food Unwrapped' marker
Keywords: Cookery, Cooking, Food, Drink, Food and Drink, Stereo, Subtitles, Audio Described, 3 Star
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=45488

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

=
jra

Postby Stooo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:34 pm

I was chatting to an economist at a family gathering yesterday about the present process and another chap went full frother on us. After we'd pointed out the perils of Art: 50, para: 3 to him, with all the border issues that he admitted he had not heard about, he went full pelt at the (like our CS's) unelected bureaucrats in Brussels. I pointed out that the EU has a quarter less unelected officials than UK Parl and tried to change the subject, it would have been easy to bring up the EU chain of command but I doubt that it would have made a difference. I went to the shop to get some vape juice and found my new friend chuckling into his beer on my return as Mr Frother had zipped up and shipped out.

I monitored the votes through Twitter and the PV option was basically pulled because it isn't the time yet, there's too much dross that needs sweeping out of the way so the powder must be kept dry until then.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:01 pm

Stooo wrote:I was chatting to an economist at a family gathering yesterday about the present process and another chap went full frother on us. After we'd pointed out the perils of Art: 50, para: 3 to him, with all the border issues that he admitted he had not heard about, he went full pelt at the (like our CS's) unelected bureaucrats in Brussels. I pointed out that the EU has a quarter less unelected officials than UK Parl and tried to change the subject, it would have been easy to bring up the EU chain of command but I doubt that it would have made a difference. I went to the shop to get some vape juice and found my new friend chuckling into his beer on my return as Mr Frother had zipped up and shipped out.

I monitored the votes through Twitter and the PV option was basically pulled because it isn't the time yet, there's too much dross that needs sweeping out of the way so the powder must be kept dry until then.

Spot on. Tried in vain to educate pork earlier in the thread, but seems a waste of time.

Better opportunities will arise, Stooo.
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:02 pm

Stooo wrote:I monitored the votes through Twitter and the PV option was basically pulled because it isn't the time yet, there's too much dross that needs sweeping out of the way so the powder must be kept dry until then.

I think you are being too generous
Corbyn chickened out.
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:04 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Stooo wrote:I monitored the votes through Twitter and the PV option was basically pulled because it isn't the time yet, there's too much dross that needs sweeping out of the way so the powder must be kept dry until then.

Corbyn chickened out.

YAAAWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN.....
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:19 pm

MungoBrush wrote:

Corbyn chickened out.

No, Corbyn didn't enter my thoughts. The HoC is becoming a tide of that recovered chicken meat that they make in the US. The mincer cartoon in Pink Floyd's The Wall comes to mind.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:26 pm

Stooo wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Corbyn chickened out.

No, Corbyn didn't enter my thoughts. The HoC is becoming a tide of that recovered chicken meat that they make in the US. The mincer cartoon in Pink Floyd's The Wall comes to mind.

Pink slime, it's called.

Similar colour to gammon.
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:35 pm

We plan to congregate at the end of the day on Crossley Street in Wetherby. There we will enter the supermarket and symbolically only purchase fruit and veg grown in the UK, in a stand of defiance against all those who believe we can’t stand on our own two feet.

http://march2leave.org/route/

:mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:55 pm

"We'll show the people losing their jobs with Nissan due to Brexit what "The will of the people" really means."

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

You really couldn't make it up.

Even better... "On 19th March we are hoping for a guest appearance from 'Youth For Brexit' founder, Timmy Martin (age 63 1/2)

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

And the best news ? They are coming nowhere near Norfolk...
Cannydc

Postby wutang » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:01 pm

wutang

Postby Stooo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:03 pm

Cannydc wrote:"We'll show the people losing their jobs with Nissan due to Brexit what "The will of the people" really means."

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

You really couldn't make it up.

Even better... "On 19th March we are hoping for a guest appearance from 'Youth For Brexit' founder, Timmy Martin (age 63 1/2)

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

And the best news ? They are coming nowhere near Norfolk...

Oi has a turnip!
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive