Brexit Satire 2

Big Threads

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby MungoBrush » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:12 pm

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Stooo wrote:Like me you mean?

Not even forty quid a year...

If you put that £40/year (11p/day) into an investment account every day from the day you were born, by age 65 you would have a nice little pot totalling £266,297.15

How could you get to a bank to deposit the money or do it online when you have just been born then? :thud:

Don't worry, it's just an example of how compound interest works

Albert Einstein called compound interest the “eighth wonder of the world”, adding:
“He who understands it earns it; he who doesn't pays it.”

Looks like you're one of the ones who pays it.
MungoBrush

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:27 pm

Stooo wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

If you put that £40/year (11p/day) into an investment account every day from the day you were born, by age 65 you would have a nice little pot totalling £266,297.15

I didn't see that on the side of a bus.

I'm still trying to figure how Mungo thinks babies earn an income from the day they're born. :scratch:
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:36 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

I'm still trying to figure how Mungo thinks babies earn an income from the day they're born. :scratch:

Once upon a time the leavers accused the remainers of thinking about the economics rather than the feelings :fantasy:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby calitom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:59 am

Stooo wrote:
calitom wrote:
did i say per person?? i clearly said per taxpayer who actually has a reasonable job in which they pay real taxes

Like me you mean?

40 goes into 9 billion 225 million times.
There are 225 million taxpayers in the UK paying that 40 quid per year?
And I am already figuring in the rebate. The numbers would have to be more extreme.

Lets assume 25 million taxpayers in the UK out of the 65 mil population.
Lets assume that 7-8 million pay practically nothing because they make
paltry sums. That leaves 18 million to pay the 9 billion. Thats 500 quid per year on the avg.
So if you are paying only 40 then the rich are getting soaked for most of the payments.Especially since you
have a solid job with solid pay........
calitom

Postby Cannydc » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:48 am

calitom wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:I got my tax code notice today from the revenue and as usual there's a breakdown of where my taxes were spent on the back, the smallest amount by far was to the EU.

So what's the excuse?

(not my pic but identical)

A poster on another forum worked it out at a mere few pence per person a week.

13 billion goes from UK to EU. 4 billion spent by EU on UK '

Net 9 billion goes to EU from UK taxes....So A FEW PENCE IS WILDLY inaccurate. More like 200-500 pounds for real taxpayers with real incomes(not rich not poor).
Not a lot of money granted....But 9 billion is still a big number for membership in the club

Oh dear, oh dear - let me explain.

The figure shows that less than 1% ( around £9bn ) is our net contribution to the EU. The mistake you are making is to assume that the UK government gets all of its income from Income Tax. Of course, that isn't the case, or even close. Below is where the money really comes from. Only £319bn of £769bn is income tax and National Insurance.

So £319bn comes as an income related tax, There are around 33m employed (28m employed, 5m self employed) who pay 32/77ths of £9bn.

So 33m pay approx £3.7bn.

That comes to £2.00 a week, or, for the sake of argument 30p a day. Hence the common saying that it costs on average less than a cup of coffee a week. Oh, and The highest earning 1% in the UK pay an estimated 28% of all income tax - hence the burden on the other 99% is actually about £1.40 a week, or 20p a day.....

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlab ... anuary2018

Cannydc

Postby wutang » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:43 am

This is why the whole 'Corbyn wont negotiate' thing was a red herring - May has no intention of changing her plans. It was always her deal or the highway and she will try and force a vote at the last second to scare MP's into backing it.

The one silver lining would be that if her plan fails and we leave with no deal she is toast and gone for good.
wutang

Postby MungoBrush » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:42 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

As Cannydc has correctly pointed out - you don't need to earn income to pay tax in the UK
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:18 pm

The Government's plans for the period after Brexit could actually cause net migration to the UK to rise by more than 100,000

This would be higher than the record figure of 336,000, which has been registered three times, most recently in the 12 months to June 2016.

"Far from reducing immigration to sustainable levels as the Home Secretary has claimed, these white paper proposals are likely to see net migration rise by over 50%.

"Furthermore, the migrant inflow will include a far greater proportion of non-EU migrants than is currently the case.

"In effect, EU migrants would be replaced - and more - by migrants from the rest of the world.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-could-cause-migration-to-rise-by-100000-a4065071.html

Brexiteers will undoubtedly welcome their new neighbours when they get their country back. :wubwub:
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:31 pm

wutang wrote:

This is why the whole 'Corbyn wont negotiate' thing was a red herring - May has no intention of changing her plans. It was always her deal or the highway and she will try and force a vote at the last second to scare MP's into backing it.

The one silver lining would be that if her plan fails and we leave with no deal she is toast and gone for good.

Yes, the droning lament "Strong and Stable" has now become a naked threat of "If you don't want No Deal, you can vote for my deal"

Like that's a choice.

She and her rotten party will wear a Tory Brexit badge for many tears to come.
Cannydc

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:40 pm

Government admits it has 'run out of time' to find ships to bring emergency supplies after no-deal

Officials have admitted they have “run out of time” to find ships to bring extra emergency supplies after a no-deal Brexit, following the Seaborne Freight fiasco.

No “large amount of further additional capacity” will be available across the Channel before the end of March, MPs were told – by either sea or rail.

The admission follows the embarrassment of the cancelled £13.8m contract handed to Seaborne – a firm with no ships – which has sparked calls for Chris Grayling, the transport secretary, to be sacked.

“It would not be possible to complete procurement and make it operational for 29 March,” the department for transport’s director general admitted."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 77766.html
Grafenwalder

Postby MungoBrush » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:39 pm

Cannydc wrote:She and her rotten party will wear a Tory Brexit badge for many tears to come.

But here's Jeremy Corbyn calling for Article 50 to be invoked that day after the referendum!

24th June, 2016, 9:11 am
Corbyn: “Article 50 has to be invoked now”

https://labourlist.org/2016/06/corbyn-a ... voked-now/
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:02 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:She and her rotten party will wear a Tory Brexit badge for many tears to come.

But here's Jeremy Corbyn calling for Article 50 to be invoked that day after the referendum!

Isn't that Corbyn stating that the will of the people had to be complied with ?

As a leader of a democratic party, what would you expect him to say ?
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:26 pm

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Isn't that Corbyn stating that the will of the people had to be complied with ?

As a leader of a democratic party, what would you expect him to say ?

Fuck that! As a leader of an opposition.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby calitom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:28 pm

Cannydc wrote:
calitom wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:I got my tax code notice today from the revenue and as usual there's a breakdown of where my taxes were spent on the back, the smallest amount by far was to the EU.

So what's the excuse?

(not my pic but identical)

A poster on another forum worked it out at a mere few pence per person a week.

13 billion goes from UK to EU. 4 billion spent by EU on UK '

Net 9 billion goes to EU from UK taxes....So A FEW PENCE IS WILDLY inaccurate. More like 200-500 pounds for real taxpayers with real incomes(not rich not poor).
Not a lot of money granted....But 9 billion is still a big number for membership in the club

Oh dear, oh dear - let me explain.

The figure shows that less than 1% ( around £9bn ) is our net contribution to the EU. The mistake you are making is to assume that the UK government gets all of its income from Income Tax. Of course, that isn't the case, or even close. Below is where the money really comes from. Only £319bn of £769bn is income tax and National Insurance.

So £319bn comes as an income related tax, There are around 33m employed (28m employed, 5m self employed) who pay 32/77ths of £9bn.

So 33m pay approx £3.7bn.

That comes to £2.00 a week, or, for the sake of argument 30p a day. Hence the common saying that it costs on average less than a cup of coffee a week. Oh, and The highest earning 1% in the UK pay an estimated 28% of all income tax - hence the burden on the other 99% is actually about £1.40 a week, or 20p a day.....

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlab ... anuary2018

good god do you think that corporations arent people????...oiii yoii yoii
calitom

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:32 pm

My posts are still on here somewhere where I say we're screwed if we do screwed if we don't.
Two dead ends and we still have to choose.
I'm still of the same mind.
Leaving though may well isolate us a little from the coming economic mess that the EU is falling into.
The political and social mess too.
Whatever happens next .... we're in for stormy times.
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive