Is there anybody there?

Big Threads

Re: Is there anybody there?

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:27 pm

jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:
Holly wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:it's exactly the same with animal welfare, mention the word halal and all those of a certain ilk suddenly become animal rights activists


TBH, I refuse buying Halal meat, I like my meat but would not enjoy it knowing that the animal was suffering before it got killed.


There's also the religious aspect of it. I don't want to eat Halal meat because I don't want to support religion or religious practices.

Apart from the fact that all 'non-religious' meat has to be stunned by law, but certain religious groups have a 'get out' clause.



yes, like the Jews

is anyone forcing you to eat Kosher or Halal meat?


Yes. As it finds it's way into the general food chain and is not labelled as such. Most people that eat meat in the UK have unknowingly eaten Halal (and to a lesser extent Kosher) meat.

There is no legal requirement for all foods that contain Halal meat to be labelled as such.

That apart from the fact I'm not Jewish and not religious.



If you feel that strongly then only eat meat that you know the provenance of :roll:
User avatar
HobbitFeet
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11480
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Is there anybody there?

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:28 pm

So posts agreeing with LM won't be allowed through? Are people really THAT insecure?

It's like having Vicky as a mod again :mrgreen:

She spent years protecting Claire and not allowing any opinions she disagreed with through. Always struck me as truly pathetic. Now it's happening again.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Is there anybody there?

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:28 pm

Probably best to stick to vegetables. Like for like.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 39554
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Is there anybody there?

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:29 pm

thut up

I only just got here, so thuck off

(that wasn't at you Az) :yikes:
User avatar
HobbitFeet
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11480
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Is there anybody there?

Postby jra » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:29 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:I am aware that JRA is goading people who are attempting not to interact with him

Please try to control yourself JRA


For people who don't want to interact with me, they haven't done a very good job over the last 3+ years with their trolling. You say it like I'm the only one does this.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 17350
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Re: Is there anybody there?

Postby Vam » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:29 pm

jra wrote:
Vam wrote:
jra wrote:
Vam wrote:@ jra...you've been randomly baiting for days now, desperate to get some attention and traction anywhere.

Are you feeling ignored and irrelevant, luv?


And you, Dean, McAz and banana don't bait? That why I said if anybody should be reading self-awareness books it's you.

You are all just a bunch of hypocrite, sycophant brown nosers.


Get a grip, ffs :roll: This isn't a schoolyard. People will either agree with each other, or they won't.

Do you have any idea how lame-assed a 50-something bloke looks, when he constantly scrabbles about baiting for any attention and whines about cliques and brown-nosing?


Just like with the other sociopath nutters in the clique group named above, you are all just as guilty of what you accuse others of doing.


I never moan about cliques and brown-nosing. Ever. Are you sure your entire post wasn't meant for Murasaki?

Anyway, you finally got what you wanted - the foothold you've been desperate for this week. But no more attention from me for now ... :dafinger:
User avatar
Vam
 
Posts: 18923
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:57 am

Re: Is there anybody there?

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:29 pm

Guest wrote:So posts agreeing with LM won't be allowed through? Are people really THAT insecure?

It's like having Vicky as a mod again :mrgreen:

She spent years protecting Claire and not allowing any opinions she disagreed with through. Always struck me as truly pathetic. Now it's happening again.

Vicky was an excellent Mod. Please don't continue this abusive line.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 39554
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Is there anybody there?

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:31 pm

jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:I am aware that JRA is goading people who are attempting not to interact with him

Please try to control yourself JRA


For people who don't want to interact with me, they haven't done a very good job over the last 3+ years with their trolling. You say it like I'm the only one does this.



I didn't ask for a response

it was a polite request

please desist from responding to the request again
User avatar
HobbitFeet
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11480
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Is there anybody there?

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:32 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:thut up

I only just got here, so thuck off

(that wasn't at you Az) :yikes:


I know.

We both give our valuable time supporting vegetables.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 39554
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Is there anybody there?

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:32 pm

is this worth a part II?
User avatar
HobbitFeet
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11480
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Is there anybody there?

Postby banana chewits » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:32 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:
There's also the religious aspect of it. I don't want to eat Halal meat because I don't want to support religion or religious practices.

Apart from the fact that all 'non-religious' meat has to be stunned by law, but certain religious groups have a 'get out' clause.



yes, like the Jews

is anyone forcing you to eat Kosher or Halal meat?


Yes. As it finds it's way into the general food chain and is not labelled as such. Most people that eat meat in the UK have unknowingly eaten Halal (and to a lesser extent Kosher) meat.

There is no legal requirement for all foods that contain Halal meat to be labelled as such.

That apart from the fact I'm not Jewish and not religious.



If you feel that strongly then only eat meat that you know the provenance of :roll:


hobbit, is the right person logged in to that acount? :dunno:
User avatar
banana chewits
 
Posts: 3236
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 12:55 am

Re: Is there anybody there?

Postby Dean » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:33 pm

Guest wrote:So posts agreeing with LM won't be allowed through? Are people really THAT insecure?

It's like having Vicky as a mod again :mrgreen:

She spent years protecting Claire and not allowing any opinions she disagreed with through. Always struck me as truly pathetic. Now it's happening again.


It might be because LM was proven to have posted as a guest numerous times, so any positive posts are probably from herself...
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 41413
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Is there anybody there?

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:33 pm

banana chewits wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:
There's also the religious aspect of it. I don't want to eat Halal meat because I don't want to support religion or religious practices.

Apart from the fact that all 'non-religious' meat has to be stunned by law, but certain religious groups have a 'get out' clause.



yes, like the Jews

is anyone forcing you to eat Kosher or Halal meat?


Yes. As it finds it's way into the general food chain and is not labelled as such. Most people that eat meat in the UK have unknowingly eaten Halal (and to a lesser extent Kosher) meat.

There is no legal requirement for all foods that contain Halal meat to be labelled as such.

That apart from the fact I'm not Jewish and not religious.



If you feel that strongly then only eat meat that you know the provenance of :roll:


hobbit, is the right person logged in to that acount? :dunno:


it's one to remember for sure :mrgreen:
User avatar
HobbitFeet
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11480
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Is there anybody there?

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:33 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:is this worth a part II?

Yes, probably - keeps the place ticking over in between serious stuff.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 39554
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Is there anybody there?

Postby Dean » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:34 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:is this worth a part II?


It’s the only active topic on here ffs...
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 41413
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests