DS Thread #116

Big Threads

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:17 am

acid rain in the showbiz forum very rudely implying a poster can't keep up with the (many, many) sexulity labels that are en vogue these days is because they are old/past it.

That sort of attitude is why younger people get so much hate. Where does that level of arrogance even come from?

Postby Bezza » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:24 am

Guest wrote:
TWATkins wrote:
Guesticle wrote:
TWATkins wrote:
Guesticle wrote:Bollywood banned again this morning.
Posts deleted from the Trump thread, arguing about 'the jury being out' on videogames causing violence and equivocating about gun violence and ownership worldwide.

Surely this has to be permanent this time ?

She returned from a 3 month ban some years ago. Don't know how long before she can officially be declared perma'd....

Considering the vast majority of the threads she contributes end up wildly off topic and full of arguments, I honestly wonder how she hasn't been perma'd before now. When someone as relatively harmless as Pumping Iron can get a perma on what must be his first offence, how does bollywood keep coming back ?

If Pumping Iron is on a perma i would guess its because of multiple accounts. Something always felt off about him.

He said a couple of posts against mods on a trans thread. Cant have that.
Bezza

Postby julius limbani » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:31 am

Banglaroad banned :more beer:
Hopefully for good, odious bullying creep.
:hap:
julius limbani

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:47 am

julius limbani wrote:Banglaroad banned :more beer:

:canny: :canny: :twirl: :Hiya: :twirl: :more beer:

Hurray.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 am

Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Guest wrote:
He needs that lesson in EVERYTHING he does. He needs to learn that he can't just opt out of things he doesn't want to do. That's the exact opposite of the lesson he's actually learned, which is that if he complains to mum/dad, then they'll override the school (which in his mind is basically like his future employer) so he only has to do the parts he finds more enjoyable. What you perceive as a negotiation is the child telling you what he wants, and the child getting it.

This is a post from Psychosis to a mother telling her what her son needs. If you can't see anything wrong with that, then you must not be a parent either. This is telling a mother that she, as a teacher knows better than the child's mother what he needs. Totally pompous and superior behaviour.

What’s wrong with it?

Not a thing that I can see and Holly is spot on too.
It makes me laugh that some parents imagine their kids aren't capable of manipulating them into doing what the child wants. Life is full of competition, that's just how it is, so may as well allow your kids to learn that they can't shine at everything and sometimes come last.
No wonder young adults are traumatised by job rejections and failed romances when their helicopter parents have treated them like delicate flowers unable to face losing at stuff.
Teachers might not know your kid as well as you do but they absolutely see a side to the child that the parents won't ever see because the child in school is rarely the same child at home.

Helicopter parents don’t know when to let go and let their child learn, most of us learn by making mistakes. In fact those can be the best lessons but it’s better to learn it when you’re younger and have little/ no responsibilities.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:54 am

dr synne wrote:DS is going to end up the most horrifically dull little echo chamber at this rate. All cucumber sarnies and the ticking clock punctuating the conversational lapses.

has anyone antibrexit/anti Trump/LGBT absolutist been banned in this latest purge.

They don’t accept homophobia, which is good. It’s a shame they ignore the misogynists.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:38 pm

Dee starts with the crusty old "why do Americans use different words than English people' until they're reminded that they're Australian . Even claims that American-English doesn't exist

Though I suspect Laurel1ne's Australian is limited to they lyrics of "Waltzing Matilda"

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_94283954

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:30 pm

Wow, I just assumed that absolute twat was completely untouchable. Anyone know what he was banned for?

On another note, I see he's claiming that English is not his mother tongue. Ironically I got a ban for asking him about that a few years ago.

Postby dr synne » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:40 pm

Guest wrote:
dr synne wrote:DS is going to end up the most horrifically dull little echo chamber at this rate. All cucumber sarnies and the ticking clock punctuating the conversational lapses.

has anyone antibrexit/anti Trump/LGBT absolutist been banned in this latest purge.

They don’t accept homophobia, which is good. It’s a shame they ignore the misogynists.

Personally I think they label everything that doesn't accord with a collective view as homophobia. There is a difference between being phobic and being critical of aspects of the gay community.
dr synne

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Fucking hell!!! I never thought i would see the day. What a time to be alive!! :pmsl:

On a serious note, it really is about bloody time!

Postby Frankly » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:55 pm

Guest wrote:

Fucking hell!!! I never thought i would see the day. What a time to be alive!! :pmsl:

He's a nasty piece of work - unfortunately, he'll be back again, he's been banned before.
Frankly

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Guest wrote:

Probably just a week's ban. He'll be back with his miserable baity shite again no doubt. Now ban Mr "I only post when I sense an opportunity to write a condescending wall of flamebait" Libretio, CRM the cunt, annemarie1066 the baity PBU cunt, and the king of furries and brainless Pavlovian responses James2001, and you might have something resembling a semi-decent forum.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:15 pm

Guest wrote:acid rain in the showbiz forum very rudely implying a poster can't keep up with the (many, many) sexulity labels that are en vogue these days is because they are old/past it.

That sort of attitude is why younger people get so much hate. Where does that level of arrogance even come from?

The showbiz lot are a bunch of old bitter misogynistic homophobic arseholes. All the bile and hate on there and the one thing you pick up on is someone implying someone cannot keep up with what bi sexual means? Really?

The hate for Miley Cyrus and Kelly Brook is off the charts weird. Those people aren’t wired up right in the head.

Postby julius limbani » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:26 pm

Guest wrote:

Wow, I just assumed that absolute twat was completely untouchable. Anyone know what he was banned for?

On another note, I see he's claiming that English is not his mother tongue. Ironically I got a ban for asking him about that a few years ago.

2 or 3 forum members got a ban in the LBC radio thread that he's been infesting for a while. No doubt he'll return though.

Utter roaster, he used to be Woot_Whoo on DS years ago.
julius limbani

Postby Del Boy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Bezza wrote:
He said a couple of posts against mods on a trans thread. Cant have that.

There was a whole thread criticising the mods a few weeks back. Predictably it got locked and then deleted, however nobody was banned as far as I'm aware which was surprising. I was expecting to get banned myself for my contributions but I never did.
Del Boy

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive