DS Thread #116

Big Threads

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Passionwagon wrote:
Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Autistic kids need to exercise, just studying isn’t healthy.
I can’t see anything wrong in what Psychosis said in that thread.

He needs that lesson in EVERYTHING he does. He needs to learn that he can't just opt out of things he doesn't want to do. That's the exact opposite of the lesson he's actually learned, which is that if he complains to mum/dad, then they'll override the school (which in his mind is basically like his future employer) so he only has to do the parts he finds more enjoyable. What you perceive as a negotiation is the child telling you what he wants, and the child getting it.

This is a post from Psychosis to a mother telling her what her son needs. If you can't see anything wrong with that, then you must not be a parent either. This is telling a mother that she, as a teacher knows better than the child's mother what he needs. Totally pompous and superior behaviour.

People like you are partially the reason why there's such a shortage of teachers. Who would want to become a teacher these days with people like you on their back. Go and teach your own kid then if you know so much better :roll: ...good luck, you'll need it!

Bloody pathetic how parents expect their kids to be mollycoddled these days...how are they going to survive in the real world FFS??? :off head:

Right, I'm posting this again while logged in as it's obviously not going to be approved while posted as a guest.

Piss off Holly, you know fuck all about me. I have done quite well in raising my kids, and they are in the real world, and realise it's perfectly fine to say no to anything which is of no benefit to anyone. I know what my children's needs are, and I don't need any upstart of a teacher with an inflated sense of their own importance to tell me what is best for my kids and what they need. I have the utmost respect for teachers who take their jobs and professions seriously and actually listen to parents about what their children's needs are. I have no respect however, for bastards of teachers who think they are God and know better than anyone else about everything. Same goes for doctors, nurses and other professionals in kids' lives.

And it's people like you who are the reason for parents being made to feel a failure at so many things. Caring and looking after your child's needs is not mollycoddling them. Get a grip!

You're an arse to be frank, sometimes parents are the last people to know what is good for their children.

Grow up.

Postby Vam » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:29 pm

creamcheese wrote:
Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:As someone who went to a school where you were treated like a leaper if you were (through no fault of your own) not good at sports or genuinely uncomfortable with the sporting life, I can understand people who get "triggered" by the subject. I am still haunted by nasty PE teachers and having gone to a school where sport was everything to them. Some kids just aren't atheltic and that should be accepted. Still encourage them to join in, but the way some of us have been treated while in our teen years which were a delicate time anyway was abhorrent. I'm hoping schools don't get away with it now.

It's shocking the way animasana acts on the subject, what an utterly intolerant repugnant woman.

:ooer: ...ok... why do you keep doing this?

You really do need to finally evict me from inside your head... :ooer:

Why do guests keep making posts saying you've posted on DS in threads you haven't been anywhere near? How bloody odd!

:dunno: ... go figure.

Less than 1800 posts since 2011 - I'm so prolific, me! :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby guest » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:35 pm

Passionwagon wrote:
Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Autistic kids need to exercise, just studying isn’t healthy.

He needs that lesson in EVERYTHING he does. He needs to learn that he can't just opt out of things he doesn't want to do. That's the exact opposite of the lesson he's actually learned, which is that if he complains to mum/dad, then they'll override the school (which in his mind is basically like his future employer) so he only has to do the parts he finds more enjoyable. What you perceive as a negotiation is the child telling you what he wants, and the child getting it.

This is a post from Psychosis to a mother telling her what her son needs. If you can't see anything wrong with that, then you must not be a parent either. This is telling a mother that she, as a teacher knows better than the child's mother what he needs. Totally pompous and superior behaviour.

People like you are partially the reason why there's such a shortage of teachers. Who would want to become a teacher these days with people like you on their back. Go and teach your own kid then if you know so much better :roll: ...good luck, you'll need it!

Bloody pathetic how parents expect their kids to be mollycoddled these days...how are they going to survive in the real world FFS??? :off head:

Right, I'm posting this again while logged in as it's obviously not going to be approved while posted as a guest.

Piss off Holly, you know fuck all about me. I have done quite well in raising my kids, and they are in the real world, and realise it's perfectly fine to say no to anything which is of no benefit to anyone. I know what my children's needs are, and I don't need any upstart of a teacher with an inflated sense of their own importance to tell me what is best for my kids and what they need. I have the utmost respect for teachers who take their jobs and professions seriously and actually listen to parents about what their children's needs are. I have no respect however, for bastards of teachers who think they are God and know better than anyone else about everything. Same goes for doctors, nurses and other professionals in kids' lives.

And it's people like you who are the reason for parents being made to feel a failure at so many things. Caring and looking after your child's needs is not mollycoddling them. Get a grip!

Good on you sweetheart (but why you had to post as a guest bemuses me?) and you are quite right when you say that (some) teachers, social workers, et al, have too much of a sense of their own importance when they try and tell parents how to raise their children.

In my own experience, when the schools involve social services, when they think that the child's behaviour is something to do with their upbringing, is when the problems start.

They get involved - pull the children away from their social activities and completely disrupt their lives, causing them to decline and spoil the friendships with their peers.

Do-gooder social workers who don't see things on their own merits - but choose to go along with their own, tired rhetoric.

Postby creamcheese » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Guest wrote:
Passionwagon wrote:
Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:

You're an arse to be frank, sometimes parents are the last people to know what is good for their children.

Grow up.

Is that you posting Psychosis? The woman who has posted that she'd rather kill herself than have a child, thinks all children are mediocre and lines her pupils up every morning to inspect their uniform?

You're the last person anyone would take parenting tips from. Christ knows why you are a teacher when you have such contempt for children and their parents.
creamcheese

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:27 pm

Guest wrote:

What’s wrong with it?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:28 pm

dr synne wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Competition isn’t the end of the world. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.
Reading that thread it looks like some people want kids to completely opt out of PE because they aren’t good at it.
You don’t have to be good at everything to participate.

I doubt there would be calls to make kids opt out of maths and English for the same reason.

I would have loved to have opted out of maths for the same reason.

And I doubt you were traumatised by being made to do those lessons.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:51 pm

creamcheese wrote:
Is that you posting Psychosis? The woman who has posted that she'd rather kill herself than have a child, thinks all children are mediocre and lines her pupils up every morning to inspect their uniform?

You're the last person anyone would take parenting tips from. Christ knows why you are a teacher when you have such contempt for children and their parents.

No it isn't Pyschosis sorry, I just can't tolerate the indignation of perfect parents it is vomit inducing.

Postby dr synne » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:53 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
dr synne wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Competition isn’t the end of the world. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.
Reading that thread it looks like some people want kids to completely opt out of PE because they aren’t good at it.
You don’t have to be good at everything to participate.

I doubt there would be calls to make kids opt out of maths and English for the same reason.

Well the teacher once announced I got 1% for getting my name right. Everyone laughed, as did I. Not really traumatizing as I and everyone else were well aware I was absolutely atrocious with numbers. It's not something that should have really been said but traumatizing it wasn't.
dr synne

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:58 pm

dr synne wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
dr synne wrote:

Well the teacher once announced I got 1% for getting my name right. Everyone laughed, as did I. Not really traumatizing as I and everyone else were well aware I was absolutely atrocious with numbers. It's not something that should have really been said but traumatizing it wasn't.

No it shouldn’t have been said at all but you learn that some people in authority can be arseholes. Life lessons. :thumbsup:
Lady Murasaki

Postby dr synne » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:02 pm

Getting back to the whole trans controversy for a moment. People should check out people like Rose of Dawn and Blair White to see that the trans movement isn't all full of mentalists and SJW's.
dr synne

Postby Passionwagon » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:10 pm

guest wrote:
Passionwagon wrote:
Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:

Good on you sweetheart (but why you had to post as a guest bemuses me?) and you are quite right when you say that (some) teachers, social workers, et al, have too much of a sense of their own importance when they try and tell parents how to raise their children.

In my own experience, when the schools involve social services, when they think that the child's behaviour is something to do with their upbringing, is when the problems start.

They get involved - pull the children away from their social activities and completely disrupt their lives, causing them to decline and spoil the friendships with their peers.

Do-gooder social workers who don't see things on their own merits - but choose to go along with their own, tired rhetoric.

Simply a matter of not being able to remember my password which is locked into my laptop so I guest post on my phone sometimes.

I agree with the rest of your post :thumbsup:
Passionwagon

Postby Passionwagon » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:13 pm

Guest wrote:
creamcheese wrote:

No it isn't Pyschosis sorry, I just can't tolerate the indignation of perfect parents it is vomit inducing.

Who's claiming to be a perfect parent? :dunno:

Just because you don't agree with what a professional says about your own kids' needs doesn't mean you consider yourself a perfect parent. But parents know their kids better than anyone, so why don't you grow up ffs and stop critcising others for wanting to do their best by their children.
Passionwagon

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:42 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Guest wrote:

What’s wrong with it?

Not a thing that I can see and Holly is spot on too.
It makes me laugh that some parents imagine their kids aren't capable of manipulating them into doing what the child wants. Life is full of competition, that's just how it is, so may as well allow your kids to learn that they can't shine at everything and sometimes come last.
No wonder young adults are traumatised by job rejections and failed romances when their helicopter parents have treated them like delicate flowers unable to face losing at stuff.
Teachers might not know your kid as well as you do but they absolutely see a side to the child that the parents won't ever see because the child in school is rarely the same child at home.

Postby Holly » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:34 am

Passionwagon wrote:
Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:

Next time you have to post as a Guest for what ever reason just post as "Passionwagon NLI" it will identify you as a member instead of just another "baghead"...

OK I'll piss off now :mrgreen:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guesticle » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:54 pm

Bollywood banned again this morning.
Posts deleted from the Trump thread, arguing about 'the jury being out' on videogames causing violence and equivocating about gun violence and ownership worldwide.
Guesticle

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive