DS Thread #117

Big Threads

DS Thread #117

Postby Middens » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:50 am

Guest wrote:The sam smith thread was absolute gold. I did notice pat and bigot-let had turned up to tell those with different views off. Please tell me it's still there. Loved the passages of text from people trying to make out that replacing a gender-specific, singular pronoun with a gender-neutral plural, didn't make an absolute mockery of both the English language and any point being made. And the person writing/saying it come to think of it. Hilarious.

Gotta be honest tho, it's not appropriate for jason watkins to be taking the moral high ground over such a 1st world, woke non issue when he openly admitted that if he found a grand in an item in a charity shop he would buy the item and steal the money, denying it to a charity ffs!! How can you lecture people on pronouns for god's sake?

My favourite bit in that thread was when questioning Sam's decision to be a them, the pro Sam responses was it's natural because of "clownfish, wrasses, moray eels, gobies". :pmsl:

There was also arguing that we all should help people transition through surgery (which I agree with) but also completely ignore biology as it doesn't count as it's all about feelings. That just blatantly contradicts the need to transition. It's a hot mess.
Last edited by Middens on Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Middens

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:52 am

Guest wrote:Was pretty funny to see woke soy boy boo choadley go in hard against they smith :pmsl: He's usually insufferably right on about most things (not stoatie levels, but close). He won't get a perma due to aforementioned previously accumulated sjw points. I don't think he has purple hair though and as far as i know, he's a straight, white cis male (ugh, can you even imagine), so plenty of privilege points to drag his desirable citiz poster score down.

On balance, haglet doesn't allow ANY dissenting thought, so it will probably be a ggp-esque wrongthink perma for old soy radders.

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:56 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
I made a thread about registering, hasn't it been approved?

no idea

why make a thread though? :dunno:

either register or don't

Why ban me?
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby GUEST » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:02 pm

Guest wrote:Thread closed whilst Taglet Support sort out who to ban reviews its content

Someone called MAW has been banned - not sure whether that is a temporary or permanent ban. Not sure if anyone else has been banned. https://forums.digitalspy.com/profile/discussions/MAW

Postby Holly » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:05 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

no idea

either register or don't

Why ban me?

Who said anything about a ban?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:09 pm

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... -no-one/p2

Good god, why can’t monalisa62003 grasp the fact that people can carry the cold virus, and not get it themselves. It’s quite obviously what’s happened here to give her the cold. She’s been in all that time, but one of her parents, possibly her mother as her father didn’t go out much has passed on the cold virus to herself. Her mother probably picked it up, but didn’t get affected herself. Why is this so difficult to understand? Some people are so ignorant.

Postby guest » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:22 pm

GUEST wrote:
Guest wrote:Thread closed whilst Taglet Support sort out who to ban reviews its content

Someone called MAW has been banned - not sure whether that is a temporary or permanent ban. Not sure if anyone else has been banned. https://forums.digitalspy.com/profile/discussions/MAW

15 years that's a long stay that must hurt.

There's a new Katie Price thread be interesting to see if it becomes ful of hatred or slips away.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:44 pm

guest wrote:
GUEST wrote:

15 years that's a long stay that must hurt.

There's a new Katie Price thread be interesting to see if it becomes ful of hatred or slips away.

I nearly hit 14 years before my perma. ☹️ I was gutted at the time but now i don't mind. I still like reading it.

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:50 pm

Holly wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

no idea

either register or don't

Why ban me?

I replied to this ages ago, so why aren't my posts getting approved if i'm not banned?
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Middens » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:54 pm

GUEST wrote:

Poor Maw, but he's been there long enough to know what a trap those threads are. Maybe he just thought "fuck it"!
Middens

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Holly wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

no idea

either register or don't

Why ban me?

I replied to this ages ago, so why aren't my posts getting approved if i'm not banned?

abuse admin and it's pot luck whether your posts get approved or not

HTH :smilin:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:19 pm

fuck the quotes up and it's also pot luck whether they get approved or not

and I've still not seen any thread about the special little soldier joining :bawlin:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:26 pm

I’m surprised anybody would want to join if this is how they get treated...
Dean

Postby creamcheese » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:46 pm

Maw didn't say anything contentious in that thread so fuck knows why they have banned him, the place is going to shit. What kind of forum would believe that it's a good idea to keep on banning long term contributors like Pumping iron and Maw?
creamcheese

Postby Nucks » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:53 pm

Middens wrote:
Guest wrote:The sam smith thread was absolute gold. I did notice pat and bigot-let had turned up to tell those with different views off. Please tell me it's still there. Loved the passages of text from people trying to make out that replacing a gender-specific, singular pronoun with a gender-neutral plural, didn't make an absolute mockery of both the English language and any point being made. And the person writing/saying it come to think of it. Hilarious.

Gotta be honest tho, it's not appropriate for jason watkins to be taking the moral high ground over such a 1st world, woke non issue when he openly admitted that if he found a grand in an item in a charity shop he would buy the item and steal the money, denying it to a charity ffs!! How can you lecture people on pronouns for god's sake?

My favourite bit in that thread was when questioning Sam's decision to be a them, the pro Sam responses was it's natural because of "clownfish, wrasses, moray eels, gobies". :pmsl:

There was also arguing that we all should help people transition through surgery (which I agree with) but also completely ignore biology as it doesn't count as it's all about feelings. That just blatantly contradicts the need to transition. It's a hot mess.

It's been pruned by a good 3-4 pages. What a waste.
Nucks

Next

Return to The Archive