The stockpiling has begun.

Big Threads

The stockpiling has begun.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:44 am

That truck driver that delivers to your Morrisons everyday proves positive and is grounded?
How do the staff start to feel at his base and at the store?
Then one of the staff go down with it.
Two people are dead twenty miles away and it gets you thinking.
Worrying.
On the news this evening .....28/02/2020 ..... this bit is very real making plans to close schools and sporting events down.
Staff start to stay at home as in cities around the world .... you didn't stock up on toilet roll and now public transport has closed the economy of nation after nation is nose diving and you have nothing to wipe your arse on.
Why oh why didn't I stock up on toilet roll and soup and medicine?
This isn't a might happen scenario it is something that is already happening all over the place.
When the shops have closed down no one is going to school or the pub and you didn't stockpile are you going to be envious maybe even angry at people like me who did?
Are you doing anything or are you like a woman me and my daughter came across earlier who said loudly outside a shop ... doesn't fucking bother me I won't be staying in ..... therefore probably becoming a spreader?
This isn't a paranoid post or a what if maybe kind of thing .... it's happening and it's happening now not far from you ......
Rolluplostinspace

Re: The stockpiling has begun.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:46 am

Seriously .... don't bother with your doom and gloom shite .... this is happening.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Cobs » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:09 am

Everyone's going to get it jack. Go to bed.
Cobs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:15 am

Cobs wrote:Everyone's going to get it jack. Go to bed.

An hour before I'm off to dreamland.
Everyone's going to get it but will everyone be able to wipe their arse when they do?
Probably the most important topic on the planet just now but few want to talk about it.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:17 am

have years worth of stock, bible. Castle keeps could hold out for a twenty year siege.
art0hur0moh

Postby Kizzie » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:31 am

I have enough supplies to last me a good while. I'm not at all worried about the virus but I am worried that the media is creating such panic. People panicking is a very dangerous thing. Shops will empty of stock very fast I remember what it was like in the 70s with the shortages and people become like wild animals and there was no worry then about health.

Someone on a FB group posted the article about the family being kicked off a plane because the baby was coughing. This group spends its time taking the piss out of people and yet they were saying "too right, can't take any chances with ill people" and other posts along the same lines.

This wasn't a flight out of China but a flight from Canada to France, the Dr said baby was ok to travel as did another Dr on the flight.
Kizzie

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:25 am

isn't part of the problem in times of 'crisis' that people do stockpile thus creating a shortage that was unneccesary, it's like every time there is talk of a petrol shortage people go out and fill their tanks up, completely forgetting that they only do 27 miles a week, creating an artificial shortage by depleting stocks that have been carefully calculated

self fulfilling prophecy maybe
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Kizzie » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:59 am

HobbitFeet wrote:isn't part of the problem in times of 'crisis' that people do stockpile thus creating a shortage that was unneccesary, it's like every time there is talk of a petrol shortage people go out and fill their tanks up, completely forgetting that they only do 27 miles a week, creating an artificial shortage by depleting stocks that have been carefully calculated

Very true. I stocked up gradually over time. I would never wait for an emergency to do it. Watched way too many horror films over the years. The supermarket scenes always scare me to death. :yikes: Last place on earth I would want to be in a panic situation.

If I had not stocked up I would now be at the Asian supermarkets buying bulk dried goods. Most people would not be going to those shops, mostly caterers go there.

We have no idea how many cases before the UK puts forced quarantine into action.
Kizzie

Postby Major » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:03 am

We stockpile anyway but not as much as we used to do.

We have spoke about it and will start getting more stock in again.

We will be OK for meat anyway

I agree with Rolly on the bog rolls, would not wanna go back to the shiny Sunday Pictorial, we do not have any nails to hang it on in our bathrooms..

Start with

Tinned soup
Peas
Tomatoes
Bacon .

add on your choice to give everyone an idea?????????????????????????????/
Major
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:13 am

I just continually re-stock the dry goods that I stockpiled during the threats of no deal last year. Things are so uncertain now it is prudent to take steps.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Kizzie » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:28 am

Major wrote:We stockpile anyway but not as much as we used to do.

I agree with Rolly on the bog rolls, would not wanna go back to the shiny Sunday Pictorial, we do not have any nails to hang it on in our bathrooms..

Start with

Tinned soup
Peas
Tomatoes
Bacon .

Rather than buying tin soup I have all the ingredients to make batches of soup.
I also have dried pulses, lentils beans etc can store them for a very long time.

I have flour and yeast. for bread
rice, couscous, pasta, oats, milk powder, peanut butter,
medicine, vitamins and treats for the kids.
Kizzie

Postby .SF. » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:55 am

HobbitFeet wrote:isn't part of the problem in times of 'crisis' that people do stockpile thus creating a shortage that was unneccesary, it's like every time there is talk of a petrol shortage people go out and fill their tanks up, completely forgetting that they only do 27 miles a week, creating an artificial shortage by depleting stocks that have been carefully calculated

Exactly that. Tell people there could be a shortage and they'll rush to stock up, thereby creating the shortage.
.SF.

Postby Major » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:03 am

Kizzie wrote:

Start with

Tinned soup
Peas
Tomatoes
Bacon .

I also have dried pulses, lentils beans etc can store them for a very long time.

Sounds good, sensible but we cannot really be bothud.

You can come and live next door to me if you want I like being spoilt.

Stooo has offud to stock his van and bring mods around delivering to the old/infirm who have been membuz for 10 years or more, he is such a gem and will go to heaven, I will save him a good seat.

:more beer: :more beer: :cheers: :cheers: :yess: :yess:
Major
Twat.

Postby Kizzie » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:13 am

Major wrote:
Kizzie wrote:

Start with

Tinned soup
Peas
Tomatoes
Bacon .

Sounds good, sensible but we cannot really be bothud.

You can come and live next door to me if you want I like being spoilt.

Stooo has offud to stock his van and bring mods around delivering to the old/infirm who have been membuz for 10 years or more, he is such a gem and will go to heaven, I will save him a good seat.

:more beer: :more beer: :cheers: :cheers: :yess: :yess:

I have stocked up for my daughter, her partner and their three children They are all vegans and eat like horses. They never seem to be sated. So for that reason, lots of dried food with plenty of seasonings etc was the best bet. Cans just would not cut it. :gigglesnshit:

Very very kind of him indeedy
Kizzie

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:05 am

Like Kizzie and Stooo I have stocked up over a long period.
This isn't about shortages it's about nothing at all being available ..... because the deliveries stop and the shops shut down because people are barricading themselves in .... have you seen the empty streets of cities on the news .... all the hustle and bustle of modern life .... stopped.
So for those of you who think seeing the problem ahead and doing something about it now to avoid as many problems as possible ... you can maybe gather moss for wiping your bum and using as sanitary towels etc.
Me and mine .... we'll be ok.
You only have to think a couple of months and hopefully everyone will be back behind the wheel.
Rolluplostinspace

Next

Return to The Archive