Dogs Arms Covid-19 Thread *Sticky* Part IV

Big Threads

Re: Dogs Arms Covid-19 Thread *Sticky* Part IV

Postby Guest » Tue May 05, 2020 3:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
common sense wrote:Well according to The Sun, furlough wages may be cut to only 60% and then cut even further in a bid to "wind down the scheme" over the next few months. Also in an effort to encourage people who may be scared to go back to work or seek another job.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11553847/ ... rce=pushly

I suppose Sunak's being sensible as if people can sit at home on full wages then some will do even if they could return to work, especially in the nice summer weather.

If someone is on furlough it's because their company won't let them go to work, so I don't see how it would encourage anyone to go back to work if it's not their choice in the first place. If the company re-opens I don't think they'll let anyone sit at home on furlough pay.

I suppose it might encourage someone to find another job in a place which is actually open.

I should think it's just a way for the Government to save money though - they can't pay it for ever.

Corbyn supporters would disagree, half of all adults are now paid by the state. It’s as if Corbyn won.

Thank fuck that twat has gone and labour have a proper leader now.

One who will work with government during this crisis but hold them to account when it’s over.

Postby common sense » Tue May 05, 2020 4:07 pm

BUDGIE wrote:
Wait a minute.

You haven't worked since 1978 due to psychiatric troubles - and yet you recently voted for the Conservatives, who employed ATOS to declare people like yourself fit to work?

Yes because that is merely one of their policies and I think Boris is brilliant and a great PM. I have never had my benefit payments stopped either.
common sense

Postby Guest » Tue May 05, 2020 4:08 pm

Could the thoughtless wankers on here show some respect for the people killed by Covid 19 please.
Their deaths are a tragedy, a national tragedy, and not something to be booted around like a bloody football in some pathetic dick waving contest.
You ought to be ashamed of yourselves, every death from the coronavirus is a sad event, especially for their loved ones.
Who gives a toss who’s right out you fucking idiots, this is a horrible disease that we need to fear and respect.
It’s not a basis for egotistical cunts to argue over the exact numbers of victims.
Cunts! Fuck off to trolling threads mindless morons.

Postby Bessie » Tue May 05, 2020 4:11 pm

common sense wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Middens wrote:Ignorance is bliss they say. But I think he's fibbing about the coffee. Never has Common ever come across as a person who drinks trendy coffees in coffee shops. He boasts about spending his time alone breeding fish and not even having a proper phone ffs. It doesn't fit his persona.

:gigglesnshit:

the wife saw this enormous queue... for costa coffee .

Yes at Beckton when she went to B&Q for plants. I have not had a coffee outside since I ordered one off a menu in Borders, pointed to the name. Was stone cold when it came so took it back and complained. She said "Sir you pointed to an iced coffee" Told her to warm it up in the microwave.

What bollocks. Nobody points at a coffee on a menu. :woteva:
Bessie

Postby Guest » Tue May 05, 2020 4:11 pm

common sense wrote:
BUDGIE wrote:
Wait a minute.

You haven't worked since 1978 due to psychiatric troubles - and yet you recently voted for the Conservatives, who employed ATOS to declare people like yourself fit to work?

Yes because that is merely one of their policies and I think Boris is brilliant and a great PM. I have never had my benefit payments stopped either.

You make it sound easy but I’m betting it’s not.

Postby common sense » Tue May 05, 2020 4:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If someone is on furlough it's because their company won't let them go to work, so I don't see how it would encourage anyone to go back to work if it's not their choice in the first place. If the company re-opens I don't think they'll let anyone sit at home on furlough pay.

I suppose it might encourage someone to find another job in a place which is actually open.

I should think it's just a way for the Government to save money though - they can't pay it for ever.

What if they say they feel unwell or a family member does, Covid symptoms, so are self-isolating? I read lots on DS and Mumsnet saying they'll still be too scared to go back to work.
Last edited by common sense on Tue May 05, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
common sense

Postby common sense » Tue May 05, 2020 4:13 pm

Well I pointed to it and said "A Frapuccino please". Knew nothing about coffees outside so she brought me an iced coffee. I thought it was a type of Cappucino.
common sense

Postby Guest » Tue May 05, 2020 4:14 pm

Bessie wrote:
common sense wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Middens wrote:Ignorance is bliss they say. But I think he's fibbing about the coffee. Never has Common ever come across as a person who drinks trendy coffees in coffee shops. He boasts about spending his time alone breeding fish and not even having a proper phone ffs. It doesn't fit his persona.

Yes at Beckton when she went to B&Q for plants. I have not had a coffee outside since I ordered one off a menu in Borders, pointed to the name. Was stone cold when it came so took it back and complained. She said "Sir you pointed to an iced coffee" Told her to warm it up in the microwave.

Or ask for an iced coffee to be microwaved. :gigglesnshit:

Postby Bessie » Tue May 05, 2020 4:16 pm

common sense wrote:Well I pointed to it and said "A Frapuccino please". Knew nothing about coffees outside so she brought me an iced coffee. I thought it was a type of Cappucino.

Normal people ask. This act of yours is tiring.
Bessie

Postby common sense » Tue May 05, 2020 4:20 pm

Bessie wrote:
common sense wrote:Well I pointed to it and said "A Frapuccino please". Knew nothing about coffees outside so she brought me an iced coffee. I thought it was a type of Cappucino.

Normal people ask. This act of yours is tiring.

I did ask. Can you not read? :off head:
common sense

Postby Red Okktober » Tue May 05, 2020 4:40 pm

BUDGIE wrote:[Oh fuck, here we go again, the man in denial.

32000 reported by ONS up til April 24! TWO WEEKS ago.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... ths-still/

"There were 32,375 deaths involving coronavirus by 24 April in the UK, lifting the country's death toll to the be one of the worst in Europe, according to new data from the Office for National Statistics. "

How many do you think there are now, chum????

Fucking hell, honestly....

And TWO WEEKS ago you were telling us 41,000 had died, remember? It makes you look a right mug by now posting official figures from that time showing 9,000 less.

I've no idea how many are dead now - no one does, especially you by the looks of it.
Red Okktober

Postby drum » Tue May 05, 2020 4:49 pm

Well it is, a cold one. :mrgreen:
drum

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue May 05, 2020 4:54 pm

common sense wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:If someone is on furlough it's because their company won't let them go to work, so I don't see how it would encourage anyone to go back to work if it's not their choice in the first place. If the company re-opens I don't think they'll let anyone sit at home on furlough pay.

What if they say they feel unwell or a family member does, Covid symptoms, so are self-isolating? I read lots on DS and Mumsnet saying they'll still be too scared to go back to work.

If they feel unwell they'd probably get statutory sick pay, or maybe company sick pay, depending on the circumstances. If a company re-opens or starts to operate fully I don't think they'd offer furlough any more. They might say that people can take paid or unpaid leave if they feel unsafe, or they might just sack someone for not turning up to work. :dunno:
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Tue May 05, 2020 4:54 pm

common sense wrote:I've woken up with a sore throat and cough and feel generally unwell, just not right at all. Have an awful headache too. Should I be worried? Should I self-isolate?

If this is true then stay home for a couple of days and monitor your cough, if it becomes dry and painful then stay in, I didn't run a temperature either. Headaches are usually down to inflammation of the nasal passages and mucous membrane passages in your head, are you having strange thoughts or muscle pain? Your blood oxygen is probably low, this will also make you feel very tired.

Take care.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue May 05, 2020 5:15 pm

Bessie wrote:
common sense wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

How do you know? You think a deaf non verbal person doesn't point to what they want, you think all staff in every establishment can sign just 'incase'?

Whether it's bullshit or not, you weren't there so know fuck all about it.

Previous

Return to The Archive