The Mundane and Uninteresting #3

Big Threads

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #2

Postby NAA » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:54 pm

Im having a bad PC day. First I had a virus that was disabling my mouse, got rid of it but... not before beating the crap out of my mouse and am now having to use an old one... which is shite.

I also have no sound as me speakers were hijacked on Sunday, and even though I have connected them up again they dont work. :grrrrr:
NAA

Postby NAA » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:07 pm

I suppose we should be grateful the Greeks dont own IKEA......

An idea for your first and last home furnishings.
NAA

Postby heretohelp » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:25 pm

NAA wrote:Im having a bad PC day. First I had a virus that was disabling my mouse, got rid of it but... not before beating the crap out of my mouse and am now having to use an old one... which is shite.

I also have no sound as me speakers were hijacked on Sunday, and even though I have connected them up again they dont work. :grrrrr:

You need to go into your system and "enable" them again.
heretohelp

Postby Snuffleupagus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:05 am

Why do people think it's acceptable to hassle you at your desk when you're clearly having your lunch, even when you're barely answering them????????? :grrrrr: :brickwall:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Lord Sugar » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:13 am

Snuffleupagus wrote:Why do people think it's acceptable to hassle you at your desk when you're clearly having your lunch, even when you're barely answering them????????? :grrrrr: :brickwall:

Maybe if you did some work instead of posting on here all day, it would leave them more opportunities to discuss work-related matters. :gigglesnshit:
Lord Sugar

Postby Snuffleupagus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:22 am

Lord Sugar wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:Why do people think it's acceptable to hassle you at your desk when you're clearly having your lunch, even when you're barely answering them????????? :grrrrr: :brickwall:

Maybe if you did some work instead of posting on here all day, it would leave them more opportunities to discuss work-related matters. :gigglesnshit:

Think you'll find I don't post on here all day at all, shit-for-brains, otherwise I'd be at my desk wouldn't I. :dafinger:

Oh, and for the record, this wasn't work related matters they wanted to discuss. :pointlaugh:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Sensible » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:53 pm

Snuffleupagus wrote:
Lord Sugar wrote:

Think you'll find I don't post on here all day at all, shit-for-brains, otherwise I'd be at my desk wouldn't I. :dafinger:

Oh, and for the record, this wasn't work related matters they wanted to discuss. :pointlaugh:

So if it wasn't work-related, why not just be polite and respond? Surely if you don't want to be disturbed during your lunch, the sensible thing to do is leave the office. If you're going to sit at your workspace, it kind of renders you available to talk, does it not?

If you work in a shared environment, you can't really expect others to instinctively know when you don't want to talk to them, can you?
Sensible

Postby Snuffleupagus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:56 pm

I was polite and did respond, just not at great length. :gigglesnshit:

I'd been away from the office and dashed back to have an early lunch to fit in with my schedule, whilst catching up with some desk work - and although I was eating my lunch it was obvious that I was also very busy working. :snooty: :gigglesnshit:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:14 pm

Sensible wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:

So if it wasn't work-related, why not just be polite and respond? Surely if you don't want to be disturbed during your lunch, the sensible thing to do is leave the office. If you're going to sit at your workspace, it kind of renders you available to talk, does it not?

If you work in a shared environment, you can't really expect others to instinctively know when you don't want to talk to them, can you?

If Snuffs was busy & just grabbing a bite to eat at her desk I can understand her frustration, it happens to me & is most irksome, particularly if colleagues are just chatting irrelevance & nonsense the same as you are, 'Sensible'.
You may want to have a rethink on your name.
Just sayin'
:whistle:

Postby Still sensible » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Guest wrote:
Sensible wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:

If Snuffs was busy & just grabbing a bite to eat at her desk I can understand her frustration, it happens to me & is most irksome, particularly if colleagues are just chatting irrelevance & nonsense the same as you are, 'Sensible'.
Just sayin'

Not really. There's such a thing as reasonable good manners when sharing a workspace with others. How is anyone else supposed to know that she's not willing to talk. If you want solitude then the logical solution is to go somewhere else, isn't it? :thumbsup:

You seem to be a bit of a tetchy sort who's prone to a bit of overreaction - so perhaps that would explain your own reluctance to be engaged by anyone else in civilised conversation.

Good interpersonal skills are usually considered important in a workplace - I don't think I'd want to share an office space with a misery like you. :pointlaugh:
Still sensible

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:06 pm

Still sensible wrote:
Guest wrote:
Sensible wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:

Just sayin'

Not really. There's such a thing as reasonable good manners when sharing a workspace with others. How is anyone else supposed to know that she's not willing to talk. If you want solitude then the logical solution is to go somewhere else, isn't it? :thumbsup:

You seem to be a bit of a tetchy sort who's prone to a bit of overreaction - so perhaps that would explain your own reluctance to be engaged by anyone else in civilised conversation.

Good interpersonal skills are usually considered important in a workplace - I don't think I'd want to share an office space with a misery like you. :pointlaugh:

Snuffs sounds perfectly reasonable to me. As I say, same happens to me sometimes when I'm busy & other people feel like a chat about nothing much.
As for interpersonal skills, mine are exemplary tyvm, as I dare say Snuffs' are going by the very personable posts she makes on Dogs.
:thumbsup:

Postby Still sensible » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:23 pm

How very noble of you to leap to her defence even though you don't know her from Adam! :shell:

It sounds like you just enjoy mindlessly gainsaying things that other people say. :pointlaugh:

If you - and others like you - are so precious/antisocial/lacking in manners and social skills that you can't even take the time to engage in a little conversation with colleagues, working with you must be dire! :yess:

I can't bear people who are so far up themselves that their manners deteriorate to such a degree. Tut, tut.... :shoot:
Still sensible

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:41 pm

Still sensible wrote:How very noble of you to leap to her defence even though you don't know her from Adam! :shell:

It sounds like you just enjoy mindlessly gainsaying things that other people say. :pointlaugh:

If you - and others like you - are so precious/antisocial/lacking in manners and social skills that you can't even take the time to engage in a little conversation with colleagues, working with you must be dire! :yess:

I can't bear people who are so far up themselves that their manners deteriorate to such a degree. Tut, tut.... :shoot:

You seem very touchy on the matter, it's quite clearly a sensitive subject to you.
What's the matter, won't anybody talk to you at work?
Not that anybody could blame them.
:pointlaugh:

Postby Pollyanna » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Still sensible wrote:How very noble of you to leap to her defence even though you don't know her from Adam! :shell:

You seem very touchy on the matter, it's quite clearly a sensitive subject to you.

No, no, no, no, no - it was me that said you were tetchy. Do keep up. :pointlaugh:

Everyone loves me at work - I'm a little ray of sunshine. :laughing: I'm lucky to work in a very friendly environment so maybe that's why I can't understand why anyone would object to someone passing the time of day with a colleague. :dunno:

:twirl:
Pollyanna

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Pollyanna wrote:
Guest wrote:

No, no, no, no, no - it was me that said you were tetchy. Do keep up. :pointlaugh:

Everyone loves me at work - I'm a little ray of sunshine. :laughing: I'm lucky to work in a very friendly environment so maybe that's why I can't understand why anyone would object to someone passing the time of day with a colleague. :dunno:

:twirl:

Oh & I work in a very friendly environment also, however some days one just needs to keep one's head down in order to get through the workload.
Perhaps Snuffs can clarify what her own working situation is [not that she has to of course], I suspect it is similar to ours, but would not like to assume.
:smilin:

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive