iPhone 6 etc etc

UFOs, new tech, it all goes in here. Have you tried switching it off and back on ?

iPhone 6 etc etc

Postby KeithTas » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:32 am

Ok so I will admit I'm a Windows to Mac convert after many many (too many to remember) years putting up with the Microsoft bullshit and the Microsoft Tax. Having said that I find it unbelievable the amount of hype, bullshit and bollocks whenever Apple launches or announces a new product. Please let me sit out in the cold and rain for fucking days on end just to be the first among thousands to get their hands on a new iPhone, iPad, iPod or the upcoming iWatch.

As good as (in my opinion) Apple's hardware is, this sort of hysteria purchasing is almost cult like. Now I would never ever buy another Windows/Linux based product because of the issues involved in these operating systems but I would never get involved in all the hype bollocks. There are some weird cunts about, the cult Apple crowd can be put in the same category as the pseudo science bullshitters, alien, and ghost hunters.
KeithTas

Re: iPhone 6 etc etc

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:52 am

never took u for a macfag.........
:monkey:
and wtf is microsoft tax????
and what "issues" windows has been solid ever since XP
hell even ME was kool if you knew how to mange services and startups
windows 95 was the last microsoft product that was really crap with "issues"
i wouldnt have an apple product in the house
if i was given one id sell it to a macfag and buy samsung
or microsoft anyone who uses itunes is a fucking moron
paying apple for what is free everywhere else
music i own legally even cant be put on an apple product
its just fucking asinine, under performing over priced over regulated
and over hyped magfags are like moonies they are brainwashed by hype
and thinking coz they own apple they are kool
when actually there back of the computer short bus
:thumbsup:
oh and as for apple being kool....pmsl
they stole all there visual ideas from braun
fuck apple
:shoot:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Stooo » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:14 am

Tried to watch the keynote last night but the stream kept dropping out and was overdubbed in Chinese when it was working.

iphone six and six plus unveiled, bigger and samey with 1GB of RAM and a subpar display in what is supposed to be a premium device. Playing catchup with the Note3 and devices that have had better features since 2012.

Apple watch unveiled, I know plenty of people who ditched their watches because there's a clock on their phone. Totally underwhelming and ugly.

Tablet sales have bottomed out worldwide so no new ipad.

Nothing about software or y'know computers

Apple stock price dropped during and after the keynote.

Still, the cult will be screaming 'take my money!'

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:37 am

We use an iMac and two iPads - unashamedly - and imv they are less hassle than machines running Windoze 7 & 8/8.1 (and every other iteration) and Android tablets, all of which I've used. I never thought I'd like the iWatch (or whatever it's called) but it looks fine to me - http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/article/TMG11084027/Apple-Watch-the-fashion-verdict.html - can't imagine buying one though.

And a new 12.9-inch iPad Is coming early next year - probably/possibly.
McAz

Postby Snuffleupagus » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:45 am

Ohhhh dear, I'd never even heard of the iWatch before. :wurms:

Having said that, I've been getting invites to upgrade my iPhone 5, in fact my phone provider keep trying to call me about it. I'll at least wait a while I think, not even seen what the new ones are like yet. :doomed:

Love my iPad Air :oops:
Snuffleupagus

Postby McAz » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:49 am

Snuffleupagus wrote:Love my iPad Air :oops:

So do I - without embarrassment. :laughing:
McAz

Postby Snuffleupagus » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:05 am

Aziz wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:Love my iPad Air :oops:

So do I - without embarrassment. :laughing:

Hurrah :canny:

Tbh I was never really that bothered about tablets in general, always thought why bother when I have a laptop, but then I had some cash to treat myself with (you know, before it got swallowed up into other things, as happens), so I got myself one and have never looked back. :thumbsup:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:46 pm

steve jobs.jpg

:thumbsup: :mrgreen:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Snuffleupagus » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:50 pm

:thud:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:58 pm

hahahahaha
:mrgreen:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Snuffleupagus » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Like that one Frosty :mrgreen:
Snuffleupagus

Postby rollup » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:41 pm

I never understood the need for all this stuff.
Coming soon is the hologram phone.
It will show you holographic pictures .... why?
rollup

Postby KeithTas » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:01 am

Big Fat Frosty wrote:never took u for a macfag.........
fuck apple

Frosty, you can look up the Microsoft tax, but essentially it is that the windows operating system is not free even when you buy a new computer. You cannot buy a PC from a brand named company without windows, so if you wanted to put on say linux you still have to buy windows. I think in America you can now get a refund from Microsoft that you have to apply for but most people don't bother because of the aggravation.

Now what ever gave you the impression that you cannot put the music you own on an Apple product, my entire music collection is on my Mac's (2 of them) plus an iPod Classic and mostly on my iPod touch (I say mostly because of the storage capacity). iTunes is actually free for both windows and the mac OS.

I used (and still do but rarely) Microsoft machines since the early days of DOS. During all this time (over 25 years) to me Microsoft has only had a couple of solid OS platforms, one was Windows 3.1 and the other Windows 7. In the past decade Windows XP has had nothing but security holes ripped right through the system, in fact if you went on the internet with XP and no security software at all your machine would pick up a virus/spyware/malware in minutes. I will admit that Microsoft got it right (largely) with Windows 7 (where they copied many many of the features from the MacOS). For PC users Windows 8 has been a complete disaster with only a global 9% take up rate because it is basically crap and really meant for tablets (you know what tablet computers are, they are the clones of the iPad).

Now having said all that the PC's dominate the global business environment and rightly so, Mac's are not very good at a couple of things, large networking and hardware upgrades etc. There are also a couple of areas where mac's are downright shit at compared to windows, one is file management (windows explorer shits all over the mac's Finder) the other is email, the mac's email systems are dreadful compared to even Microsoft Live Mail etc.

Mac's (in my opinion) has windows beaten hands down in the home and small office environment (particularly creative companies). Mac's are easier to use, 99% safer online and photo/video editing beats windows hands down. I have used a few mp3 players over the years, iPods shit all over any of the competition for ease of use and yes even style, and the thing is they work. The iPod revolutionised the music industry as did the iPad for other things.

I love my iPad but it is not the best tablet for business because of its limitations (it is shit) in file manipulation and sharing including photos and video. An iPad is however brilliant around the home, it runs all my music and video remotely to my TV's and stereo equipment, Facetime shits all over Skype as well.

I would never go back to a windows machine despite some of the Mac's shortfalls because the benefits significantly outweigh shortfalls. I have on my desk an iMac 27" and a Dell PC (my wife uses the Dell), I can tell you now that just looking at them the Mac is 10 times more stylish in it's design, no tower no dozens of leads to speakers etc. I've had the Mac for about 9 months and it has not once locked up or given me the blue screen of death, the Dell on the other hand has crashed and locked quite a few times.

Yes the Mac can get frustrating but no where near as the windows machine. You never know the next Windows OS (presumably Windows 9) might just be barely good enough to use because windows 8 is a fucking dog.

By the way I do run windows 8 on my Mac mostly for a couple of programmes that I like that don't natively on the Mac, it runs extremely fast and I've had no locking up issues......but it is a fucking dog of an OS to use.
KeithTas

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:22 am

Chromebook just for a start...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:34 am

KeithTas wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:never took u for a macfag.........
fuck apple

Frosty, you can look up the Microsoft tax, but essentially it is that the windows operating system is not free even when you buy a new computer. You cannot buy a PC from a brand named company without windows, so if you wanted to put on say linux you still have to buy windows. I think in America you can now get a refund from Microsoft that you have to apply for but most people don't bother because of the aggravation.

Now what ever gave you the impression that you cannot put the music you own on an Apple product, my entire music collection is on my Mac's (2 of them) plus an iPod Classic and mostly on my iPod touch (I say mostly because of the storage capacity). iTunes is actually free for both windows and the mac OS.

I used (and still do but rarely) Microsoft machines since the early days of DOS. During all this time (over 25 years) to me Microsoft has only had a couple of solid OS platforms, one was Windows 3.1 and the other Windows 7. In the past decade Windows XP has had nothing but security holes ripped right through the system, in fact if you went on the internet with XP and no security software at all your machine would pick up a virus/spyware/malware in minutes. I will admit that Microsoft got it right (largely) with Windows 7 (where they copied many many of the features from the MacOS). For PC users Windows 8 has been a complete disaster with only a global 9% take up rate because it is basically crap and really meant for tablets (you know what tablet computers are, they are the clones of the iPad).

Now having said all that the PC's dominate the global business environment and rightly so, Mac's are not very good at a couple of things, large networking and hardware upgrades etc. There are also a couple of areas where mac's are downright shit at compared to windows, one is file management (windows explorer shits all over the mac's Finder) the other is email, the mac's email systems are dreadful compared to even Microsoft Live Mail etc.

Mac's (in my opinion) has windows beaten hands down in the home and small office environment (particularly creative companies). Mac's are easier to use, 99% safer online and photo/video editing beats windows hands down. I have used a few mp3 players over the years, iPods shit all over any of the competition for ease of use and yes even style, and the thing is they work. The iPod revolutionised the music industry as did the iPad for other things.

I love my iPad but it is not the best tablet for business because of its limitations (it is shit) in file manipulation and sharing including photos and video. An iPad is however brilliant around the home, it runs all my music and video remotely to my TV's and stereo equipment, Facetime shits all over Skype as well.

I would never go back to a windows machine despite some of the Mac's shortfalls because the benefits significantly outweigh shortfalls. I have on my desk an iMac 27" and a Dell PC (my wife uses the Dell), I can tell you now that just looking at them the Mac is 10 times more stylish in it's design, no tower no dozens of leads to speakers etc. I've had the Mac for about 9 months and it has not once locked up or given me the blue screen of death, the Dell on the other hand has crashed and locked quite a few times.

Yes the Mac can get frustrating but no where near as the windows machine. You never know the next Windows OS (presumably Windows 9) might just be barely good enough to use because windows 8 is a fucking dog.

By the way I do run windows 8 on my Mac mostly for a couple of programmes that I like that don't natively on the Mac, it runs extremely fast and I've had no locking up issues......but it is a fucking dog of an OS to use.

o god, I thought that these people just infested Macrumors and the Verge comment section.

Keith's an old bloke with a bit of cash to spend and can't be arsed to do anything but be a bit of a cunt to waiters at times and will always go for form over function. An ideal Apple drone. Sorry m8, I've managed around fifteen years without any sort of malware infection and I know enough about the hardware to buy stuff that's compatible rather than being a cheap penny pinching plonker who wonders why they get a hardware failure screen when they are stressing out a system with stuff that it isn't designed for.

Your post is total bullshit and is simply opinion. Now go back to your Fisher Price 'my shiny computer' and back up those opinions.
Stooo
Site Admin

Next

Return to Science And Technology