Alien life right above us?

UFOs, new tech, it all goes in here. Have you tried switching it off and back on ?

Alien life right above us?

Postby LordRaven » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:43 pm

Organisms in space? Plankton/marine creatures found Living on the Exterior of the International Space Station? :yikes:

This is odd because English and Russian scientists are both making these claims separately?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 82153.html
LordRaven
Twat.

Re: Alien life right above us?

Postby Mark » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:29 pm

it do make sense

life can exist on earth, in extreme environments

so why not in space?

it could explain how life started here as well

which will fuck off the God Squad :gigglesnshit:

who's a clever boy then, Mr Darwin :thumbsup:
Mark

Postby LordRaven » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:22 pm

Mark wrote:it do make sense

so why not in space?

I just wish they'd send probes to enceladus Europa and titan that could get through the crust to the suspected oceans of liquid below, then we'd probably find something.
Mars looks a long shot but then again bacteria from earth lived happily on a camera lens on the moon for years?
The mind boggles.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Sunny » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:39 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Mark wrote:it do make sense

so why not in space?

I just wish they'd send probes to enceladus Europa and titan that could get through the crust to the suspected oceans of liquid below, then we'd probably find something.
Mars looks a long shot but then again bacteria from earth lived happily on a camera lens on the moon for years?
The mind boggles.

Was watching a documentary on Jupiter and its moons, Europa and Titan are the ones that could have something going on.
Coz deffo liquid there.
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Sunny » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:45 pm

I am fascinated with Gleise 581.
Gliese 581 is an M-class red dwarf star that is not far from the Earth. It is 22 light years away from the Solar system and is in the Goldilocks zone. It gained interest from astronomers because it was reported to be the first potentially Earth-like planet in the habitable zone of its star.
Sunny

Postby KeithTas » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:04 pm

Sunny wrote:I am fascinated with Gleise 581.
Gliese 581 is an M-class red dwarf star that is not far from the Earth. It is 22 light years away from the Solar system and is in the Goldilocks zone. It gained interest from astronomers because it was reported to be the first potentially Earth-like planet in the habitable zone of its star.

Not far from earth mmmmm. Using a very quick calculation, if you travelled at say a million miles and hour (let's be generous and say that's 25 times what our current space craft travel) then to reach Gliese 581 would take about 15,000 years, not far at all really. I must stress this is a very quick calculation, I'm sure someone will come up with the precise figures.
KeithTas

Postby Trapper John » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:54 am

KeithTas wrote:

Not far from earth mmmmm. Using a very quick calculation, if you travelled at say a million miles and hour (let's be generous and say that's 25 times what our current space craft travel) then to reach Gliese 581 would take about 15,000 years, not far at all really. I must stress this is a very quick calculation, I'm sure someone will come up with the precise figures.

No need to do complicated calculations - you just need to say that you would need to travel at 669.6 million miles per hour to arrive there 22 years after you set off from earth.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:58 am

I have said before that I believe there are life forms, some very large and a native to this planet, which live in our upper atmospheres, which we know nothing about - I believe it is these which are responsible for many 'unexplained' UFO sightings
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Sunny » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:40 am

Trapper John wrote:
KeithTas wrote:

No need to do complicated calculations - you just need to say that you would need to travel at 669.6 million miles per hour to arrive there 22 years after you set off from earth.

Thankyou TJ, considering how massive the Universe is that is relatively close, and if we can come up with more anti matter we could build this below, and be there in 73 yrs. :leer: lol
Sunny

Postby Trapper John » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:06 am

I love listening and seeing things about the universe and it's whole 'magnitude' in relation to what our tiny little minds can understand and appreciate.

For instance, one of my favourites is about the largest Star we think we have discovered so far. It is so large and massive that if you wanted to fly in a modern airliner at top speed (600mph) just once, around it's equator - you would have had to have begun your journey when the Vikings were making their first raids on the British Isles.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Sunny » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:13 am

Trapper John wrote:I love listening and seeing things about the universe and it's whole 'magnitude' in relation to what our tiny little minds can understand and appreciate.

For instance, one of my favourites is about the largest Star we think we have discovered so far. It is so large and massive that if you wanted to fly in a modern airliner at top speed (600mph) just once, around it's equator - you would have had to have begun your journey when the Vikings were making their first raids on the British Isles.

Wow. lol..
I love it too TJ once a week I sit and watch documentaries on all that. Just takes me away for an hour or so from this world. :smilin:
Just amazing how Planet Earth is just a drop in the ocean in this massive Universe we are part of. Truly amazing.
Sunny

Postby Trapper John » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:22 am

Sunny wrote:
Trapper John wrote:I love listening and seeing things about the universe and it's whole 'magnitude' in relation to what our tiny little minds can understand and appreciate.

Wow. lol..
I love it too TJ once a week I sit and watch documentaries on all that. Just takes me away for an hour or so from this world. :smilin:
Just amazing how Planet Earth is just a drop in the ocean in this massive Universe we are part of. Truly amazing.

Same as me Sunny, I 'gobble up' these sort of things like a favourite meal - it's just the scale and absolute strangeness of everything outside the thin little atmosphere of our world.

The universe is a fantasy I suppose for all of us, yet we know it exists and that one day, for someone like us, they might be able to live that fantasy.........jealous much :laughing:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Sunny » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:34 am

Trapper John wrote:
Sunny wrote:

Wow. lol..

Same as me Sunny, I 'gobble up' these sort of things like a favourite meal - it's just the scale and absolute strangeness of everything outside the thin little atmosphere of our world.

The universe is a fantasy I suppose for all of us, yet we know it exists and that one day, for someone like us, they might be able to live that fantasy.........jealous much :laughing:

I know its that feeling u get when you are travelling out of our little planet even if only via television is amazing. I think football aside, you are right, we might be soul mates TJ. :laughing:
And one day ppl from the future will look back at these days and call them the 'religious yrs'. Only then can we progress to greater things if we don't have religion holding us back. Instead of fighting eachother we should be on the same level for that to happen.
Sunny

Postby Trapper John » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:58 am

Sunny wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Sunny wrote:

Wow. lol..

I know its that feeling u get when you are travelling out of our little planet even if only via television is amazing. I think football aside, you are right, we might be soul mates TJ. :laughing:
And one day ppl from the future will look back at these days and call them the 'religious yrs'. Only then can we progress to greater things if we don't have religion holding us back. Instead of fighting eachother we should be on the same level for that to happen.

Very true that, Sunbeam. :thumbsup:

Imagine our horror though, if the first manned spacecraft to come across an inhabitable planet, flies up to it and a huge God Face pops up from behind it :pmsl:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Sunny » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:05 am

Trapper John wrote:Very true that, Sunbeam. :thumbsup:

Imagine our horror though, if the first manned spacecraft to come across an inhabitable planet, flies up to it and a huge God Face pops up from behind it :pmsl:

Well, if the money that is poured into religion was given to space travel instead, they could meet god in person instead of waiting to die to meet him. :pmsl:
Sunny

Next

Return to Science And Technology