Alien life right above us?

UFOs, new tech, it all goes in here. Have you tried switching it off and back on ?

Re: Alien life right above us?

Postby KeithTas » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:05 pm

I came across this video about measuring distances in space that is really interesting.

KeithTas

Postby Sunny » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:49 am

KeithTas wrote:I came across this video about measuring distances in space that is really interesting.

That was interesting, amazing we can observe up to 40 million light yrs away. But after that everything becomes blury.
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:47 pm

I watched a prog about a fascinating planet, the weekend

our one.

it was monitoring our weather system
using hi tech satellites with thermal tings, tracking water vapour from the warm seas
tracked it globally, explaining all the different weather it brings to different places

explained how the s pole freezes annually, releasing huge quantities of oxygen rich salt, deep in to the oceans
and how this drives many other things in 1000 year cycles

all very good
and showed we still know fuck all really, about our planet
Mark

Postby McAz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:15 pm

Sunny wrote:That was interesting, amazing we can observe up to 40 million light yrs away. But after that everything becomes blury.

Perhaps even more amazing is that the edge of the observable universe is about 46 billion light years away (in every direction) - and that's just the observable universe - big or what? :laughing:
McAz

Postby Trapper John » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:24 pm

I think one of the most amazing things about us and the entire universe is that we are all the same - everything that we are was created in one single moment 14 billion years ago, give or take.

We are the same as wood, rock, water, planets, suns - we are made of stars and we are matter and energy and as such will never die, just transform into something else, sometime, somewhere. It's mind boggling, really mind boggling.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby LordRaven » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:48 pm

As it was leaving our solar system Carl Sagan and Co got Voyager to turn round and take a snapshot of earth...

We are very much a tiny blue speck in the inky void vastness of space
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Sunny » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:11 pm

LordRaven wrote:As it was leaving our solar system Carl Sagan and Co got Voyager to turn round and take a snapshot of earth...

We are very much a tiny blue speck in the inky void vastness of space

Wow, just amazing!

And its only taken it 30 yrs to get there, and that's considered close compared to how huge the universe it. Just wow!
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby calitom » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:15 am

KeithTas wrote:
Sunny wrote:I am fascinated with Gleise 581.
Gliese 581 is an M-class red dwarf star that is not far from the Earth. It is 22 light years away from the Solar system and is in the Goldilocks zone. It gained interest from astronomers because it was reported to be the first potentially Earth-like planet in the habitable zone of its star.

Not far from earth mmmmm. Using a very quick calculation, if you travelled at say a million miles and hour (let's be generous and say that's 25 times what our current space craft travel) then to reach Gliese 581 would take about 15,000 years, not far at all really. I must stress this is a very quick calculation, I'm sure someone will come up with the precise figures.

how long would it take an inch worm to get there?
calitom

Postby calitom » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:34 am

KeithTas wrote:I came across this video about measuring distances in space that is really interesting.

very cool. and what if there are other universes?? and other planes of existence?
calitom

Postby Art0 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:46 pm

Mark wrote:it do make sense

life can exist on earth, in extreme environments

so why not in space?

it could explain how life started here as well

which will fuck off the God Squad :gigglesnshit:

who's a clever boy then, Mr Darwin :thumbsup:

Fk sake I was talking about this 15 years ago and calculating it twenty five years ago. With zero evidence to supporty my hypothesis!

So Fkn slow. And still not a clue.. Still waiting for all the wilfully ignorant to catch up... I still have no one to talk to...

Who the fk said the "breath of life" is limited to breathing oxygen??

If you name it then it can not be it. Who is this god you speak of? What was your name before you where given a name??
Art0

Postby Art0 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:52 pm

LordRaven wrote:

so why not in space?

I just wish they'd send probes to enceladus Europa and titan that could get through the crust to the suspected oceans of liquid below, then we'd probably find something.
Mars looks a long shot but then again bacteria from earth lived happily on a camera lens on the moon for years?
The mind boggles.

Crude is a buy product of extreamophile!

Consider this! The mantle of the earth is diamond. And the exosphere is carbon nano tubes...

An asteroid the size of Everest would have punched a hole straight throught the earth 56 million years ago... And that dosen't include planetary migration... From star to star...

The earth speaks you are just not listening! To much distraction and selfish ego centric inflated opinion...
Art0

Postby Mark » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:32 am

Art0 wrote:

so why not in space?

Fk sake I was talking about this 15 years ago and calculating it twenty five years ago. With zero evidence to supporty my hypothesis!

So Fkn slow. And still not a clue.. Still waiting for all the wilfully ignorant to catch up... I still have no one to talk to...

If you name it then it can not be it. Who is this god you speak of? What was your name before you where given a name??

lol
alright nutnut :thumbsup:

I was taught this
35 yr ago, by a very good biology teacher, who was also my form tutor for a few years

very interesting fella

and sorry Art

but you aint unique mate

unlike these

top old tune
tho maybe not hardcore enough for you young'un
but this is what we used to dance to, when no one knew what we was up to
as we went back n forth to san Antonio, then the trip schum and of course
the Downham Tavern :hap:

:thumbsup:
Mark

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Mark wrote:
Art0 wrote:

so why not in space?

lol
alright nutnut :thumbsup:

I was taught this
35 yr ago, by a very good biology teacher, who was also my form tutor for a few years

very interesting fella

and sorry Art

but you aint unique mate

unlike these

top old tune
tho maybe not hardcore enough for you young'un
but this is what we used to dance to, when no one knew what we was up to
as we went back n forth to san Antonio, then the trip schum and of course
the Downham Tavern :hap:

:thumbsup:

As I said, no one to talk to...

DEMOS has by design depreciated the education of the young. I tended to be a drifter in class, was give a one legged stool to keep my attention on the teacher. A simple glance out a window or some other observation I was away...

I most certainly am unique! There has never nor will there ever be another who has experiences as I have! Why do you think you are not unique? Equality is a fantasy inveted to subdue and dominate individuality.

None of use have any peers. We are all peers in our own right! Gen 1;3 "and God said"...

Yeh a bit to old skool for me...
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:26 pm

*cheers* Mark :thumbsup:
art0hur0moh

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Aziz wrote:
Sunny wrote:That was interesting, amazing we can observe up to 40 million light yrs away. But after that everything becomes blury.

Perhaps even more amazing is that the edge of the observable universe is about 46 billion light years away (in every direction) - and that's just the observable universe - big or what? :laughing:

I can't recall how they did it but I watched scientists on TV using an equation to work out the size of the universe and the answer came back as infinite.
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to Science And Technology