Lollipop

UFOs, new tech, it all goes in here. Have you tried switching it off and back on ?

Lollipop

Postby Stooo » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:08 pm

#AndroidLollipop rollout has started and will soon be available on most #Nexus devices. Dessert is served.

https://twitter.com/Android/status/532623587874963456

A new, faster and more polished version of the Android operating system is being sent to Nexus devices over the air from now really. From what I've seen so far it looks pretty good apart from the home button, home is a house not a circle.

Battery drain issues are said to have been sorted and a more user friendly version is promised to those who just want to make phone calls and look at FB and stuff.

Meh, I think that I'll stick to CM but I'll give it a try when it lands on my tablet in the next couple of days.
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: Lollipop

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:46 pm

Please don't verbally abuse me , but I need simple instructions . The simpler the better . :oops:

Background............ for ages I was seeking a book that had been published locally waaaay back in time, but it was VERY limited edition so I wasn't having any luck .
Anyway, through reading a local forum I managed to catch someone who had a copy that she was happy to share via *to read online* with others interested in the book , bless her. She sent it to me via email , but in 'zip' form , which of course I know bugger all about . :grrrrr:
How do I access the book ?
I'm using a laptop with windows7 on it .
Any help appreciated , thanks .

Postby Stooo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Guest wrote:Please don't verbally abuse me , but I need simple instructions . The simpler the better . :oops:

Background............ for ages I was seeking a book that had been published locally waaaay back in time, but it was VERY limited edition so I wasn't having any luck .
Anyway, through reading a local forum I managed to catch someone who had a copy that she was happy to share via *to read online* with others interested in the book , bless her. She sent it to me via email , but in 'zip' form , which of course I know bugger all about . :grrrrr:

Download 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/download.html and follow the instructions :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Guest wrote:Please don't verbally abuse me , but I need simple instructions . The simpler the better . :oops:

Download for free off the net - 'WinRAR' it will open most Zip and RAR files and it's simple to get your head around. HTH. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Stooo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:54 pm

Trapper John wrote:

Download for free off the net - 'WinRAR' it will open most Zip and RAR files and it's simple to get your head around. HTH. :thumbsup:

Yeah but it nags the fuck out of you to buy it.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:54 pm

Or 7zip or any of the dozens of free unpackers available. :again?:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:57 pm

my copy of winrar must b ten years old......
just dl the free trial and then delete it when ur finished
:thumbsup:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:57 pm

Stooo wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Funny you say that, it used to when I used it before, even stopped me using it after 3 months unless I paid for it.

I downloaded it again over a year ago when I got this Win8 laptop, never heard a whisper from them and still going strong. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Stooo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:01 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Funny you say that, it used to when I used it before, even stopped me using it after 3 months unless I paid for it.

I downloaded it again over a year ago when I got this Win8 laptop, never heard a whisper from them and still going strong. :dunno:

I used winrar for years but I got pissed off with the nagging hence 7zip.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Thanks guys ! I googled for help but was wary of downloading shite . I needed advice from someone(s) who'd done it already .
Not sure which one I'll use , but thanks a lot ........ :wubwub:

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Guest wrote:Thanks guys ! I googled for help but was wary of downloading shite . I needed advice from someone(s) who'd done it already .
Not sure which one I'll use , but thanks a lot ........ :wubwub:

http://pirateproxy.ws/torrent/10961427/ ... al(x86-x64)_Pre-Activated_Full_100__Clean_Install
Big Fat Frosty

Postby KeithTas » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:10 pm

I use the Unarchiver.app built into my system, simples.
KeithTas

Postby KeithTas » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:35 pm

Stooo wrote:
#AndroidLollipop rollout has started and will soon be available on most #Nexus devices. Dessert is served.

A new, faster and more polished version of the Android operating system is being sent to Nexus devices over the air from now really. From what I've seen so far it looks pretty good apart from the home button, home is a house not a circle.

Battery drain issues are said to have been sorted and a more user friendly version is promised to those who just want to make phone calls and look at FB and stuff.

Meh, I think that I'll stick to CM but I'll give it a try when it lands on my tablet in the next couple of days.

You were saying Stooo.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2842683/Android-Lollipop-makes-devices-unusable-Users-reporting-faults-upgrading-latest-software.html
KeithTas

Postby Stooo » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:54 pm

KeithTas wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You were saying Stooo.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2842683/Android-Lollipop-makes-devices-unusable-Users-reporting-faults-upgrading-latest-software.html

Still not got it so I can't comment yet Keith.
Stooo
Site Admin

Return to Science And Technology