So It's True iPhone Users Are Smarter

UFOs, new tech, it all goes in here. Have you tried switching it off and back on ?

Re: So It's True iPhone Users Are Smarter

Postby Gigabit » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:42 am

*Grabs popcorn*
User avatar
Gigabit
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:52 pm

Re: So It's True iPhone Users Are Smarter

Postby jra » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:19 am

Punk wrote:
jra wrote:
KeithTas wrote:A study has shown that people that use iPhones are smarter than others than Android users.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2922474/Do-iPhone-SMARTER-Android-user-Infographic-reveals-link-education-phone-choice.html

Bonnet de douche.........I knew it all along.


Because a poll of 2000 users out of a possible 200,000,000 + is obviously going to give a reliable result.

I'll do a review of the DM. Mostly read by people with an IQ in single figures who will believe anything they read.


What number does IQs start at?


Who cares? It's just an expression.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 11886
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Re: So It's True iPhone Users Are Smarter

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:42 am

jra wrote:Who cares? It's just an expression.


Is it?

To answer Punk:

Image
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3536
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: So It's True iPhone Users Are Smarter

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:53 am

Apparently with iPhones Apples tracks you even if you've got location turned off.

So are iPhone users that smart?
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3536
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: So It's True iPhone Users Are Smarter

Postby jra » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:11 pm

KeithTas wrote:A study has shown that people that use iPhones are smarter than others than Android users.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2922474/Do-iPhone-SMARTER-Android-user-Infographic-reveals-link-education-phone-choice.html

Bonnet de douche.........I knew it all along.


Not smarter with money though, the mugging encouraging show offs.

I see I've already answered this, so buy an iPhone, but make sure you've got it insured and be a street fighter. Otherwise buy a similar phone at a fraction of the price.

I can buy a decent laptop, a decent tablet and a decent DSLR for the price of the latest iPhone and all of them will piss all over it.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 11886
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Re: So It's True iPhone Users Are Smarter

Postby Fletch » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:45 pm

jra wrote:
KeithTas wrote:A study has shown that people that use iPhones are smarter than others than Android users.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2922474/Do-iPhone-SMARTER-Android-user-Infographic-reveals-link-education-phone-choice.html

Bonnet de douche.........I knew it all along.


Not smarter with money though, the mugging encouraging show offs.

I see I've already answered this, so buy an iPhone, but make sure you've got it insured and be a street fighter. Otherwise buy a similar phone at a fraction of the price.

I can buy a decent laptop, a decent tablet and a decent DSLR for the price of the latest iPhone and all of them will piss all over it.


But not great for making a phone call... :phone:
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 10090
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: So It's True iPhone Users Are Smarter

Postby jra » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:00 am

Fletch wrote:
jra wrote:
KeithTas wrote:A study has shown that people that use iPhones are smarter than others than Android users.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2922474/Do-iPhone-SMARTER-Android-user-Infographic-reveals-link-education-phone-choice.html

Bonnet de douche.........I knew it all along.


Not smarter with money though, the mugging encouraging show offs.

I see I've already answered this, so buy an iPhone, but make sure you've got it insured and be a street fighter. Otherwise buy a similar phone at a fraction of the price.

I can buy a decent laptop, a decent tablet and a decent DSLR for the price of the latest iPhone and all of them will piss all over it.


But not great for making a phone call... :phone:


So, that's why I have a basic smartphone.

What I'm saying is, devices like the iPhone are the jack of all trades, but master of none.

Here's a clue. If you've got a proper camera (bridge/DSLR) with a bigger lens (which is the case when you are looking at mobile phone cameras), it usually takes better pictures, irrespective of megapixel value, because of the amount of light the lens lets in, so you go for a bridge camera or DSLR. These days you can get a pretty good bridge camera for under £100, a decent DSLR for £250, a smart phone for £50, a decent tablet for under £150 and a shit hot laptop for £500. Or you could spend £900-1000 on a new latest iPhone. Your call.

The only benefit of a swanky mobile phone is portability, but it has to be at the expense of many compromises.

My bridge camera images are about 5 megabytes in size, my DSLR can take TIFF quality (a lossless format, i.e. not compressed at all).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TIFF
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-iPhone-6 ... B076GQZRR9
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 11886
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Re: So It's True iPhone Users Are Smarter

Postby Fletch » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:52 pm

Woosh...yet again :roll:
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 10090
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: So It's True iPhone Users Are Smarter

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:59 pm

Fletch wrote:Woosh...yet again :roll:


I phones do things adequately but not very well. you can get specialised Android phones that do things to a certain level, eg photos. Most phones are used for pretty much the same sort of thing which is why i phones and Samsung lead the market.

I tend to buy developer phones with a load of customisation and the ability to load whatever OS I choose to use but that's just my preference.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 85131
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: So It's True iPhone Users Are Smarter

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:28 pm

Stooo wrote:
Fletch wrote:Woosh...yet again :roll:


I phones do things adequately but not very well. you can get specialised Android phones that do things to a certain level, eg photos. Most phones are used for pretty much the same sort of thing which is why i phones and Samsung lead the market.

I tend to buy developer phones with a load of customisation and the ability to load whatever OS I choose to use but that's just my preference.






Say's the van driver :pmsl:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: So It's True iPhone Users Are Smarter

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Fletch wrote:Woosh...yet again :roll:


I phones do things adequately but not very well. you can get specialised Android phones that do things to a certain level, eg photos. Most phones are used for pretty much the same sort of thing which is why i phones and Samsung lead the market.

I tend to buy developer phones with a load of customisation and the ability to load whatever OS I choose to use but that's just my preference.






Say's the van driver :pmsl:


What does that have to do with my interest in tech?

Of course you're on a million a week that's why you're here :bored:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 85131
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: So It's True iPhone Users Are Smarter

Postby Fletch » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:38 pm

Stooo wrote:
Fletch wrote:Woosh...yet again :roll:


I phones do things adequately but not very well. you can get specialised Android phones that do things to a certain level, eg photos. Most phones are used for pretty much the same sort of thing which is why i phones and Samsung lead the market.

I tend to buy developer phones with a load of customisation and the ability to load whatever OS I choose to use but that's just my preference.


I'm not an iphone fan, got a Samsung myself, but the point jra missed was that people don't buy them for any particular ability. Like all modern phones, it has most of what you need and use in one handy package. If you want to take excellent pics, you wouldn't buy a smartphone. Everything he lists has it's place but they don't make phone calls!
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 10090
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: So It's True iPhone Users Are Smarter

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:25 am

jra wrote:
So, that's why I have a basic smartphone.

What I'm saying is, devices like the iPhone are the jack of all trades, but master of none.

Here's a clue. If you've got a proper camera (bridge/DSLR) with a bigger lens (which is the case when you are looking at mobile phone cameras), it usually takes better pictures, irrespective of megapixel value, because of the amount of light the lens lets in, so you go for a bridge camera or DSLR. These days you can get a pretty good bridge camera for under £100, a decent DSLR for £250, a smart phone for £50, a decent tablet for under £150 and a shit hot laptop for £500. Or you could spend £900-1000 on a new latest iPhone. Your call.

The only benefit of a swanky mobile phone is portability, but it has to be at the expense of many compromises.

My bridge camera images are about 5 megabytes in size, my DSLR can take TIFF quality (a lossless format, i.e. not compressed at all).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TIFF
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-iPhone-6 ... B076GQZRR9


You won't get a decent bridge camera for £100, at that price they only have small 1/2.3 inch sensors and don't have the clever iPhone photo processing software so they won't take better photos, the only advantage they have is the zoom.

There are bridge cameras with 1 inch sensors but they start at about £500.

To take better photos than an iPhone that is the minimum size sensor you should be looking at these days.

DSLRs have bigger sensors than that and will take better photos with genuine bokeh with the right lens.

Also I've never heard of a DSLR shooting in TIFF, they shoot in RAW and JPEG.
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3536
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: So It's True iPhone Users Are Smarter

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:12 am

Apologies to jra, apparently some Nikon cameras shoot in TIFF, or used to.
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3536
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: So It's True iPhone Users Are Smarter

Postby jra » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:58 am

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
jra wrote:
So, that's why I have a basic smartphone.

What I'm saying is, devices like the iPhone are the jack of all trades, but master of none.

Here's a clue. If you've got a proper camera (bridge/DSLR) with a bigger lens (which is the case when you are looking at mobile phone cameras), it usually takes better pictures, irrespective of megapixel value, because of the amount of light the lens lets in, so you go for a bridge camera or DSLR. These days you can get a pretty good bridge camera for under £100, a decent DSLR for £250, a smart phone for £50, a decent tablet for under £150 and a shit hot laptop for £500. Or you could spend £900-1000 on a new latest iPhone. Your call.

The only benefit of a swanky mobile phone is portability, but it has to be at the expense of many compromises.

My bridge camera images are about 5 megabytes in size, my DSLR can take TIFF quality (a lossless format, i.e. not compressed at all).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TIFF
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-iPhone-6 ... B076GQZRR9


You won't get a decent bridge camera for £100, at that price they only have small 1/2.3 inch sensors and don't have the clever iPhone photo processing software so they won't take better photos, the only advantage they have is the zoom.

There are bridge cameras with 1 inch sensors but they start at about £500.

To take better photos than an iPhone that is the minimum size sensor you should be looking at these days.

DSLRs have bigger sensors than that and will take better photos with genuine bokeh with the right lens.

Also I've never heard of a DSLR shooting in TIFF, they shoot in RAW and JPEG.


This cost me £90.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GE-HZ1500-Brid ... B0099NM0VQ

It takes very good photos in good lighting conditions. At night not so good.

The problem with an iPhone is it hasn't got a camera grip, which is very handy for keeping things still.

Again, it's not so much about the sensor, it's about the lens.

Also, I don't need photo processing software, even though it came with the camera. The thing is to take the right photo in the first place, i.e. sometimes take multiple shots and delete the ones which don't come out quite right.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 11886
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Science And Technology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest