Any one-stop way to back-up/restore an Android phone?

UFOs, new tech, it all goes in here. Have you tried switching it off and back on ?

Any one-stop way to back-up/restore an Android phone?

Postby Si_Crewe » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:02 pm

Just thought I'd ask...

It's getting to that time of year where the missus gets a new phone.

Anybody know if there's any way to create a permanent record of all the "stuff" (apps, widgets, home-screen layouts etc) you've got on an Android phone so you can then, somehow, get a phone to automatically install all that stuff so your new phone will have all the same stuff on it as your old one did?

It's not the end of the world to go through all the stuff in your "My Apps" list and install all the stuff you want (as well as reorganising all the home-screens etc) but it'd be nice if there was a way to do it all automatically.
Si_Crewe

Re: Any one-stop way to back-up/restore an Android phone?

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:12 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:Just thought I'd ask...

It's getting to that time of year where the missus gets a new phone.

Anybody know if there's any way to create a permanent record of all the "stuff" (apps, widgets, home-screen layouts etc) you've got on an Android phone so you can then, somehow, get a phone to automatically install all that stuff so your new phone will have all the same stuff on it as your old one did?

It's not the end of the world to go through all the stuff in your "My Apps" list and install all the stuff you want (as well as reorganising all the home-screens etc) but it'd be nice if there was a way to do it all automatically.

http://lifehacker.com/5843206/how-to-up ... g-with-you

:thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Return to Science And Technology