VPN

UFOs, new tech, it all goes in here. Have you tried switching it off and back on ?

VPN

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:22 am

down loaded one a few weeks ago. No idea what i did, for a week my systems entire online relationship was in german. I am now left with yahoo and 70% of youtube adverts still in german. Not overly concerned or even slightly bothered. Just a bit annoying (that isn't the correct word. Um, oh i have a thesaurus ...na, that didn't work, tiresome still seems to severe. And can't remember the word i thought of a moment ago that was perfectly descriptive. nm) seeing something i might be interested in and not be able to fully understand what information is presented. I certainly was entertained after the initial aggravation of not knowing why. I would do the same with other regions to increase familiarity of the language.
art0hur0moh

Re: VPN

Postby Stooo » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:46 pm

Change the language and region options to English and GB you thick twat.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:17 pm

Stooo wrote:Change the language and region options to English and GB you thick twat.

Like i said! Google no problems! Yahoo even technical support couldn't help! As for youtube? As expected, lame! I only posted for entertainment, i find it amusing, nothing more...obviously if i did it with google i will have done the same with the vpn! The whole point of the vpn is so i can read the chicago tribune, or any other publication europe has blocked!
art0hur0moh

Postby drum » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:22 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
Stooo wrote:Change the language and region options to English and GB you thick twat.

Like i said! Google no problems! Yahoo even technical support couldn't help! As for youtube? As expected, lame! I only posted for entertainment, i find it amusing, nothing more...obviously if i did it with google i will have done the same with the vpn! The whole point of the vpn is so i can read the chicago tribune, or any other publication europe has blocked!

try popping some of those links you use into www.outline.com , you should be able to get past most paywalls with it.
drum

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:04 pm

drum wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

try popping some of those links you use into http://www.outline.com , you should be able to get past most paywalls with it.

cheers drum, seen a different version used for financial publications. Paywall isn't the issue.

Europe is simply blocking access to certain news publications, to what end, i haven't the slightest clue?

Was going see how it works, seems i have access to the publication again? Can't recall any other sights blocked.
art0hur0moh

Return to Science And Technology