deprived from being a mother

UFOs, new tech, it all goes in here. Have you tried switching it off and back on ?

deprived from being a mother

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:50 pm

https://news.sky.com/story/woman-with-d ... s-12414954

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_syndrome#History

There are some conditions modern toxins and ecological disruptions are not responsible for. This is our evolutionary history and you need to start paying attention. You think our brains just happened to get bigger? There are skulls with cranial capacity near a hundred cubic centimetres large than so called civilised craniums.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcephaly#History

People with small heads were displayed as a public spectacle in ancient Rome.[66]

People with microcephaly were sometimes sold to freak shows in North America and Europe in the 19th and early 20th centuries, where they were known by the name "pinheads". Many of them were presented as different species (e.g., "monkey man") and described as being the missing link.
art0hur0moh

Re: deprived from being a mother

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:15 pm

It's an extra chromosome mate, it's not about much else.

It must feel like you're labelled as a sub-species if you have Downs, anyone who has had any contact with someone who has the condition knows that sometimes it's skin deep and the allowance of abortion up to the time of birth is frankly medieval. Older parents are most likely to have kids with Downs and there is an invasive test that may cause miscarriage that can determine it if you're in a risk group so why would you carry to full term just to destroy the foetus just before birth?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby drum » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:22 am

Stooo wrote:It's an extra chromosome mate, it's not about much else.

It must feel like you're labelled as a sub-species if you have Downs, anyone who has had any contact with someone who has the condition knows that sometimes it's skin deep and the allowance of abortion up to the time of birth is frankly medieval. Older parents are most likely to have kids with Downs and there is an invasive test that may cause miscarriage that can determine it if you're in a risk group so why would you carry to full term just to destroy the foetus just before birth?

There are many conditions that don't present themselves until birth or some time after, my own son was a year old before we knew what his disabilities were, for many conditions there are no tests.
drum

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:34 am

Didn't know that they are more genetically advanced

trisomy-21
[trisomy-21]
NOUN
medicine
the most common form of Down's syndrome, caused by an extra copy of chromosome number 21.
art0hur0moh

Postby LordRaven » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:23 pm

drum wrote:

There are many conditions that don't present themselves until birth or some time after, my own son was a year old before we knew what his disabilities were, for many conditions there are no tests.

Birth is still a bit of a lottery, I have a niece who had to go through the entire rigmarole of giving birth to a stillborn.

And I have a sister in law who wouldn't have any tests when pregnant, and she have birth to a child with downs syndrome --but she loves her no less.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby drum » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:00 am

LordRaven wrote:
drum wrote:

Birth is still a bit of a lottery, I have a niece who had to go through the entire rigmarole of giving birth to a stillborn.

And I have a sister in law who wouldn't have any tests when pregnant, and she have birth to a child with downs syndrome --but she loves her no less.

I'm sorry that happened to your niece, that's a whole other trauma in itself.
drum

Postby LordRaven » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:02 pm

drum wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
drum wrote:

I'm sorry that happened to your niece, that's a whole other trauma in itself.

She visits the grave often with her, now, younger siblings.
I can't imagine what she went through.
However, she has coped well.
LordRaven
Twat.

Return to Science And Technology