Boeing 787

Boeing 787

Postby Holly » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:18 am

Boeing whistleblower found dead in US in apparent suicide on the 9th of March.

Whistleblower's warnings about problems with Boeing 787 was ignored:
He was concerned about sub standard parts and problems with oxygen systems.
No action was taken.
He pursued legal action against Boeing for hindering his career, but was found dead in his truck outside his hotel during the proceedings.

Apparent suicide?
Yeah, sure :ooer

And then this happened in Auckland NZ yesterday.
Boeing is blaming it on a "technical event"

At least 50 hurt as LATAM's Boeing 787 to Auckland 'just dropped' mid-flight

March 11 (Reuters) - At least 50 people were hurt when a Boeing 787 operated by LATAM Airlines dropped abruptly mid-flight from Sydney to Auckland on Monday, according to the airline and a New Zealand health service organisation that treated the injured.

The aircraft experienced a strong shake and as a result, 10 passengers and three cabin crew members were taken to a hospital, the South American carrier said as it investigates the cause.

The flight with 263 passengers and nine cabin crew members landed at Auckland airport as scheduled on Monday afternoon.
One person is in a serious condition while the rest suffered mild-to-moderate injuries, a spokesperson for Hato Hone St John, which treated roughly 50 people at the airport, said.

"The plane, unannounced, just dropped. I mean it dropped unlike anything I've ever experienced on any kind of minor turbulence, and people were thrown out of their seats, hit the top of the roof of the plane, throwing down the aisles," passenger Brian Jokat told the BBC.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-paci ... 024-03-11/
Holly
Site Admin

Re: Boing 787

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:36 am

Holly wrote:Boeing whistleblower found dead in US in apparent suicide on the 9th of March.

Whistleblower's warnings about problems with Boeing 787 was ignored:
He was concerned about sub standard parts and problems with oxygen systems.
No action was taken.
He pursued legal action against Boeing for hindering his career, but was found dead in his truck outside his hotel during the proceedings.

Apparent suicide?
Yeah, sure :ooer

And then this happened in Auckland NZ yesterday.
Boeing is blaming it on a "technical event"

At least 50 hurt as LATAM's Boeing 787 to Auckland 'just dropped' mid-flight

March 11 (Reuters) - At least 50 people were hurt when a Boeing 787 operated by LATAM Airlines dropped abruptly mid-flight from Sydney to Auckland on Monday, according to the airline and a New Zealand health service organisation that treated the injured.

The aircraft experienced a strong shake and as a result, 10 passengers and three cabin crew members were taken to a hospital, the South American carrier said as it investigates the cause.

The flight with 263 passengers and nine cabin crew members landed at Auckland airport as scheduled on Monday afternoon.
One person is in a serious condition while the rest suffered mild-to-moderate injuries, a spokesperson for Hato Hone St John, which treated roughly 50 people at the airport, said.

"The plane, unannounced, just dropped. I mean it dropped unlike anything I've ever experienced on any kind of minor turbulence, and people were thrown out of their seats, hit the top of the roof of the plane, throwing down the aisles," passenger Brian Jokat told the BBC.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-paci ... 024-03-11/

Boeing not boing

Re: Boeing 787

Postby Holly » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:42 am

Thank you kindly for pointing it out, I have rectified the mistake.
I only misspelled it once :snooty:
Holly
Site Admin

Re: Boeing 787

Postby Stooo » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:28 pm

That's what deregulation does for you :NAA:
Stooo
Site Admin

Return to World News