Elon Musk is buying Twitter again - for now

Re: Elon Musk is buying Twitter again - for now

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:25 pm

Stooo wrote:And the list goes on.

Bit ironic he's still using twitter to post his shit on though. Who really gives a shit if these people are fired?
Obviously the place is bloated and over staffed. Every company that has been taken over will lay off a percentage of the staff.
Look at the NHS, if that went private middle management would be fired on the spot.
Musk is a shyster, but he's a billionaire one :dunno:
You really think Dorsey is any better :pmsl:

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:02 pm

Guest wrote:Bit ironic he's still using twitter to post his shit on though. Who really gives a shit if these people are fired?
Obviously the place is bloated and over staffed. Every company that has been taken over will lay off a percentage of the staff.
Look at the NHS, if that went private middle management would be fired on the spot.
Musk is a shyster, but he's a billionaire one :dunno:
You really think Dorsey is any better :pmsl:

He was urging people to vote GOP in the mid-terms earlier today after saying that he wanted the site to be politically neutral only a couple of weeks ago and he's getting arsey over the blue tick accounts that he thought would earn some dosh. As for your NHS comment, perhaps if the gutting of middle management over the last twelve years and leaving the paperwork to clinical staff rather than trained clerics hadn't happened then we may have had more people doing their critical jobs rather than be laden down with admin crap leading to the massive issues that we have now. Just sayin' :smilin:

Yes I do think that Dorsey is far better.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:08 pm

Guest wrote:

Who really gives a shit if these people are fired?

If you ignore them and their families - as I'm sure you will - the list is still extensive.

Their landlords or mortgage holders, the shops they buy from, the services they use, the charities to which they contribute the people who rely on those charities will all be affected to an extent.

That's not counting the recipients of the government services that rely on the taxes they pay.
Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:19 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Guest wrote:

Who really gives a shit if these people are fired?

If you ignore them and their families - as I'm sure you will - the list is still extensive.

Their landlords or mortgage holders, the shops they buy from, the services they use, the charities to which they contribute the people who rely on those charities will all be affected to an extent.

That's not counting the recipients of the government services that rely on the taxes they pay.

Did you also ever worry about all those tens of thousands first responders around the world who at first were called heroes, but then lost their jobs because they refused that useless vaccine? A vaccine that did fuck all? A vaccine we were told will prevent us from getting covid? All those people also had mortgages to pay, children to feed,charities and shops to support etc, etc...see what a fkn hypocrite you are? People lost their jobs for no good reason at all, important people, people who might have saved lives, and you worry about a few young 20 something, purple haired, body pierced wokesters who don't have mortgages to pay or children to look after :roll:
Just piss off you hypocrite.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:51 pm

Holly wrote:Did you also ever worry about all those tens of thousands first responders around the world who at first were called heroes, but then lost their jobs because they refused that useless vaccine? A vaccine that did fuck all? A vaccine we were told will prevent us from getting covid? All those people also had mortgages to pay, children to feed,charities and shops to support etc, etc...see what a fkn hypocrite you are? People lost their jobs for no good reason at all, important people, people who might have saved lives, and you worry about a few young 20 something, purple haired, body pierced wokesters who don't have mortgages to pay or children to look after :roll:

Our first responders have just balloted to strike because apart from people clapping they have been overloaded with far fewer covid patients because so many got vaxxed which generally lessens the symptoms and effect of the disease, this has been known and used to inform people since it was first released. These people who save lives are using foodbanks to feed their kids and have to claim all sorts of benefits just to exist because you can't call it living yet they turn up day after day in their thousands rather than the cranks who have more in common with Jehovah Witnesses than they do with the medical profession because they rely on feelings and faith rather than razor sharp judgement, critical thinking and science that professionals rely on rather than just hoping for the best with no facts to back them up.

What is a wokester?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:52 pm

Stooo wrote:
Holly wrote:Did you also ever worry about all those tens of thousands first responders around the world who at first were called heroes, but then lost their jobs because they refused that useless vaccine? A vaccine that did fuck all? A vaccine we were told will prevent us from getting covid? All those people also had mortgages to pay, children to feed,charities and shops to support etc, etc...see what a fkn hypocrite you are? People lost their jobs for no good reason at all, important people, people who might have saved lives, and you worry about a few young 20 something, purple haired, body pierced wokesters who don't have mortgages to pay or children to look after :roll:

Our first responders have just balloted to strike because apart from people clapping they have been overloaded with far fewer covid patients because so many got vaxxed which generally lessens the symptoms and effect of the disease, this has been known and used to inform people since it was first released. These people who save lives are using foodbanks to feed their kids and have to claim all sorts of benefits just to exist because you can't call it living yet they turn up day after day in their thousands rather than the cranks who have more in common with Jehovah Witnesses than they do with the medical profession because they rely on feelings and faith rather than razor sharp judgement, critical thinking and science that professionals rely on rather than just hoping for the best with no facts to back them up.

What is a wokester?

It's just Holly being an evil venomous toad.

Nothing new and nothing worth noting.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:50 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Stooo wrote:What is a wokester?

Yeah stop being rude, pulling pigtails is so fucking childhood behaviour :roll:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:06 pm

Stooo wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Stooo wrote:What is a wokester?

Yeah stop being rude, pulling pigtails is so fucking childhood behaviour :roll:

Come off it Stoo she makes Bungle look like a genius.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:08 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Come off it Stoo

She helps to run the site that you post on, cut it out.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:51 am

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ify%20wall

Twitter Now Asks Some Fired Workers to Please Come Back
Twitter management trying to bring back dozens of workers
Some employees now needed or were laid off by mistake
:gigglesnshit: :gigglesnshit: :gigglesnshit:
Cactus Jack

Postby Red Okktober » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:01 pm

This must be quite a dilemma for you Stooo seeing as you practically live your life via twitter and come across as being part human, part twitter bot.

Now that you have a new master, one who represents most things that you despise, will you soldier on or initiate the self-destruct sequence?

What about all the other easily-led liberals who use twitter as a network to tell tales and get people fired from their jobs and banned from things - do you think they will jump ship or bow down to the new overlord?
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:56 pm

Red Okktober wrote:This must be quite a dilemma for you Stooo seeing as you practically live your life via twitter and come across as being part human, part twitter bot.

Now that you have a new master, one who represents most things that you despise, will you soldier on or initiate the self-destruct sequence?

What about all the other easily-led liberals who use twitter as a network to tell tales and get people fired from their jobs and banned from things - do you think they will jump ship or bow down to the new overlord?

Not really, I'll just go to the next big thing whatever it is like people do. I don't know where you get your info from chap because I spend half of my day driving and only post anywhere after I log in to my PC when I get home, at lunch I log in here from my phone for a gander and scroll Twitter and Reddit to see what people like politicians from all sides including that cunt Farridge, that cunt Johnson, that cunt Patel, that cunt Williamson (you get my gist) have had to say about current affairs (all on Twitter) in real time and the commentary on those opinions, unlike you I like my news fresh rather than wrapped in tomorrow's Daily Mail.

You keep trying this owning the libs thing while forgetting that half of UK Twitter are as gammony as Kermit's middle finger and it's always been like that, it's never been a lefty utopia even you can't be that badly informed. I'm sure that you'll fuck off for a couple of weeks to lick your wounds as usual :smilin:

Stupid people post stupid things on social media (usually Facebook) and if they have acted like a total cunt (usually with pictures) and it goes viral and their employers see the clip on the evening news... This is where SM and the MSM mix, you get the picture but probably you don't as usual :smilin:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:06 pm

Worth a read.

In light of Tesla founder Elon Musk's tweetstorms railing against media coverage against the company, I think it's a good time to remind you of something I've mentioned here before.

Elon Musk doesn't care about you.

By you I mean his customers, Wall Street, his shareholders, his creditors, his employees, and anyone who just might be interested in learning more about electric cars.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-mu ... ?r=US&IR=T

$44Bn is a lot to flush down the toilet but he has, he also said that he would spend $6Bn to eradicate world hunger but he didn't. In the words of P.T. Barnum: There's a sucker born every minute.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:52 pm

Poor old Elon could be in for another financial shock.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2 ... 01f08f41a3

This story highlights all the issues around 'Free Speech'

There has been a debate about some time concerning the cost of insulin for diabetics in the USA. Eli Lily are very large pharmaceutical company. A 'verified' account, which now cost just $8, under the name Eli Lily posted on Twitter that insulin was going to be given to those who need it free at the point of use. Although 'verified' the account was not really Eli Lily whose shares immediately dropped by 4.5% in value. Naturally Eli Lily were quick to correct the record on their official Twitter but at the same time another bogus 'verified' account was both disavowing the 'insulin is free' Tweet and, in the same Tweet, announcing signifcant reductions in the price of other drugs - all bogus of course.

Needless to say Eli Lily are not happy. They're also not alone as a raft of other imposter 'verified' accounts have announced an end to arms sales to Israel and Saudi Arabi on behalf of a lead defence contractor, demanded trades on behalf of an NBA star and there are plenty of others.

The choas is such that access to all verified accounts was temporarily suspended.

You may think - as I do - that the use of a parody account drawing attention to the way Eli Lily are gouging diabetics is a fair and legitimate protest. A lot of these pranks may seem like harmless fun but where will be a real world cost and in the US you know lawyers will get involved. As the adverts used to say where there's blame there's a claim, and right now the claims will all be against Twitter who have decimated their ability to check content so much their head of complaince left.
Cactus Jack

Postby Text » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:24 am

Stooo wrote:He was urging people to vote GOP in the mid-terms earlier today after saying that he wanted the site to be politically neutral only a couple of weeks ago and he's getting arsey over the blue tick accounts that he thought would earn some dosh. As for your NHS comment, perhaps if the gutting of middle management over the last twelve years and leaving the paperwork to clinical staff rather than trained clerics hadn't happened then we may have had more people doing their critical jobs rather than be laden down with admin crap leading to the massive issues that we have now. Just sayin' :smilin:
Yes I do think that Dorsey is far better.

Hark at Mr 'chipmunk-cheeks' using his huge influence at the so called *''neutral''* platform he now owns, to sway Americans to vote for the GOP.
Worra surprise ................... not! :NAA:
Hope the Dems regain lost ground at the 2024 GE. :eyebrow:
Text

PreviousNext

Return to World News