Elon Musk is buying Twitter again - for now

Re: Elon Musk is buying Twitter again - for now

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:16 pm

Jason wrote:Apparently he initially issued an edict that said they would ban any accounts actively promoting other platforms like Mastodon e.t.c.. which has now been (sort of) reversed which makes me wonder if the user exodus is actually a lot more than we're being led to believe.

He's also now put up a poll asking if people want him to step down as CEO and that he'll abide by the result, but he has a 'helpful' caveat that there's 'nobody else to take over' as well.

The vote went against him.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-med ... -rcna62332

Although as an RWNJ he will now probably declare the election he called, ran and officiated was rigged.

Seriously I think he wants to have someone else as CEO when Twitter goes into bankruptcy.
Last edited by Cactus Jack on Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:18 pm

Now that he's lost the poll he's asking for a replacement, I could make a decent fist of it :NAA:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:19 pm

Stooo wrote:Now that he's lost the poll he's asking for a replacement, I could make a decent fist of it :NAA:

Holly could do it.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:29 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Stooo wrote:Now that he's lost the poll he's asking for a replacement, I could make a decent fist of it :NAA:

Holly could do it.

We're part of a team :thumbsup:

A mandatory Twitter Crimbo theme and a ten minute edit/post deletion option. Long enough to sort a typo or change your mind but not long enough to change history a couple of days later. Seriously though I think the lack of personalisation is an issue, dark theme is fine but I want more :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:37 pm

Musk isn't stupid, he knew that the poll would turn out the way it did, I also think he already has someone lined up, that's why he added "be careful what you wish, as you might get it"

I don't think he wanted to run Twitter for ever, he'd much rather put his time into Tesla and SpaceX.
He will still have a say anyway.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:44 pm

Holly wrote:Musk isn't stupid, he knew that the poll would turn out the way it did, I also think he already has someone lined up, that's why he added "be careful what you wish, as you might get it"

I don't think he wanted to run Twitter for ever, he'd much rather put his time into Tesla and SpaceX.

I think that he's pretty stupid because of the above.

A Trump supporters Tony Stark.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:59 pm

Stooo wrote:
Holly wrote:Musk isn't stupid, he knew that the poll would turn out the way it did, I also think he already has someone lined up, that's why he added "be careful what you wish, as you might get it"

Then there's another possibility. Perhaps he wants Twitter to go down. Perhaps he thought it had become a cesspit of toxicity :dunno:
He certainly can afford to lose the 44 million he bought Twitter for. He's got more money than he knows what to do with.He can't take it with him.

In public banter with Twitter followers Sunday, Musk expressed pessimism about the prospects for a new CEO, saying that person "must like pain a lot" to run a company that "has been in the fast lane to bankruptcy."
"No one wants the job who can actually keep Twitter alive. There is no successor," Musk tweeted.

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/19/11440716 ... k-poll-ceo

Doesn't that sound weird?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:08 pm

Holly wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Then there's another possibility. Perhaps he wants Twitter to go down. Perhaps he thought it had become a cesspit of toxicity :dunno:
He certainly can afford to lose the 44 million he bought Twitter for. He's got more money than he knows what to do with.He can't take it with him.

In public banter with Twitter followers Sunday, Musk expressed pessimism about the prospects for a new CEO, saying that person "must like pain a lot" to run a company that "has been in the fast lane to bankruptcy."
"No one wants the job who can actually keep Twitter alive. There is no successor," Musk tweeted.

Follow the money I guess, a lot of Elmo's dosh is pretty liquid much like Trump's fortune. At least he's not selling playing cards with girls on the back but it's early days.

I think that the SD mod team should take on Twitter, we've been doing this shit for ages :fatcow:

I put some Strauss in the music thread to get you into the seasonal spirit BTW :twirl:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:11 pm

Really, you think twitter will survive with 4 posters :pmsl:

Postby Stooo » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:19 pm

Guest wrote:

That's what Jack said.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:42 pm

Stooo wrote:
Holly wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Follow the money I guess, a lot of Elmo's dosh is pretty liquid much like Trump's fortune. At least he's not selling playing cards with girls on the back but it's early days.

I think that the SD mod team should take on Twitter, we've been doing this shit for ages :fatcow:

I put some Strauss in the music thread to get you into the seasonal spirit BTW :twirl:

Hell yeah, I think we could do it. Just imagine the mayhem :pmsl:

Thanks for the Strauss music, it's a nice touch :wubbers:

ETA, yes, I often wonder why so many rich people seem to live much longer than the rest of us. So many live well into their 90s. OK, they can afford the best doctors etc...but certain conditions don't discriminate, like cancer, heart attacks and so on. Many have a rather unhealthy lifestyle, like drinking, smoking, drugs etc.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:46 pm

Guest wrote:

We would take over Twitter with 396.5 million users, plus our 4 :leer:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:05 pm

You couldn't do a worse job. I watched Elon's performances on spaces with some of his software engineers and he clearly did not have the first clue what he was doing, how Twitter worked or how user traffic was monetized.

Postby Text » Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:41 pm

Musk.
"chief twit twat".
Text

Postby Stooo » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:52 pm

Guest wrote:You couldn't do a worse job. I watched Elon's performances on spaces with some of his software engineers and he clearly did not have the first clue what he was doing, how Twitter worked or how user traffic was monetized.

He's the monorail guy and living proof that people hate twats with or without massive wealth. Why people bring up envy always makes me :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to World News