After Brexit #2

Re: After Brexit #2

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:48 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Just did a Google and a big fat zilch.

Not very good at the old Google then :mrgreen:

Stooo conversations usually involve talking to each other stating your case and where needed supplying some back up.
This is ridiculous.

No sir, this is Wendys :ooer:

You've shot plenty of people down before now for behaving like you are just now.
Pointless trying to have a conversation with you so goodnight.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:15 pm

Now I'm confused. Didn't the Brexiters tell us the reason Honda pulled out of Swindon was because we couldn't make electric cars in the UK.

I remember because I argued Sheffield University were at the cutting edge of design for resonant soft switching, which is absolutely key for giving the electric motors greater efficiency and would mean existing batteries could be charged to a higher capacity. But no. It was nothing to do with Brexit the UK was just naturally unsuitable for building electric cars.

And now it's a triumph when we get a smaller plant with fewer jobs? It's almost as if the Brexit supporters were lying about why Honda left.
Cactus Jack

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:24 pm

Johnson set for victory over Macron with flurry of green deals
Boris Johnson is poised to claim a victory over Emmanuel Macron by announcing billions of pounds in overseas investment in Britain at a global summit on Tuesday.

Almost 200 of the world’s most influential investors are flying to Britain on Monday, with pre-summit dinners being held this evening.

The Prime Minister and Liz Truss, the Foreign Secretary, will treat 20 of the world’s most powerful executives including the Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, the Goldman Sachs chief, David Solomon, and the BT boss, Philip Jansen, to three Michelin star-cuisine at an intimate dinner in Downing Street.

In the City, Rishi Sunak, the Chancellor, will host 320 summit attendees at another dinner.

Tuesday’s Global Investment Summit will be held at the Science Museum and Mr Johnson will open proceedings with a plenary speech.

“Substantially more” deals will be announced compared with Choose France, according to one Whitehall insider.

The chief executives of Disney, Heinz and Heineken will be joined by senior executives from SpaceX and Amazon.

To reflect investment in the UK’s regions rather than just London, metro mayors such as Andy Burnham, from Greater Manchester, and Andy Street, from the West Midlands have also been invited.

Attendees will then be whisked off in electric buses to Windsor Castle to meet senior royals, including the Queen, the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge for drinks and canapes on Tuesday evening. “We’ve trumped him [Macron] on that,” added the source.

Ministers are understood to be giving the event the same importance as the G7 meeting of global leaders and Cop26, the UN climate change conference that will take place in Glasgow in a fortnight.

Ministers have been tight-lipped on the types of deals to be announced. However, they will be corporate in nature rather than broader frameworks such as the recent announcement that the United Arab Emirates investment of £10bn in Britain over the next five years.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/johnson-set-for-victory-over-macron-with-flurry-of-green-deals/ar-AAPFakI?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBoPWjQ

I think global heads of industry realise that if they chose the French option the majority of business would have to be conducted in English anyway so it kind of rubbishes the idea of it truly being French.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:41 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Britain's car firms on brink of golden age: Minister reveals investors set to pump billions into electric vehicles - in boom to rival 1930s
28 August 2021

Britain's car industry is on the cusp of a new golden age of manufacturing that will rival the production boom of nearly a century ago, the Investment Minister Lord Grimstone has said.

The former Barclays and Standard Life chairman – who was also an adviser to Margaret Thatcher – said the surge would be driven by billions of pounds of foreign investment into electric cars as manufacturers race to meet soaring demand.

He said the huge wave of investment into electric vehicles would turbocharge the car industry in the same way the boom in mass production did from the 1930s to the 1950s, when Britain became the biggest exporter of cars in the world.

This equates to 'tens of billions' of pounds of potential foreign investment into the UK over the next three years, he said, creating as many as 700,000 jobs in the coming decade.

Last month, Japanese firm Nissan announced a £1billion electric vehicle hub in Sunderland. Meanwhile, Dutch-based Stellantis, the owner of Vauxhall, is investing £100million in building electric vans at its Ellesmere Port plant in Cheshire.

And Jaguar Land Rover is set to become an all-electric luxury brand by 2025, launching six new pure electric models from 2024.

UK car production in July fell to its lowest level since 1956 – to just 53,438 vehicles due to the semiconductor chip shortage and the 'pingdemic'. But UK factories have produced a record 126,757 electric or hybrid cars since the start of the year.
More>>> https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mar ... tment.html

Bullshit. :NAA:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:55 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Britain's car firms on brink of golden age: Minister reveals investors set to pump billions into electric vehicles - in boom to rival 1930s
28 August 2021

Britain's car industry is on the cusp of a new golden age of manufacturing that will rival the production boom of nearly a century ago, the Investment Minister Lord Grimstone has said.

The former Barclays and Standard Life chairman – who was also an adviser to Margaret Thatcher – said the surge would be driven by billions of pounds of foreign investment into electric cars as manufacturers race to meet soaring demand.

He said the huge wave of investment into electric vehicles would turbocharge the car industry in the same way the boom in mass production did from the 1930s to the 1950s, when Britain became the biggest exporter of cars in the world.

This equates to 'tens of billions' of pounds of potential foreign investment into the UK over the next three years, he said, creating as many as 700,000 jobs in the coming decade.

Last month, Japanese firm Nissan announced a £1billion electric vehicle hub in Sunderland. Meanwhile, Dutch-based Stellantis, the owner of Vauxhall, is investing £100million in building electric vans at its Ellesmere Port plant in Cheshire.

And Jaguar Land Rover is set to become an all-electric luxury brand by 2025, launching six new pure electric models from 2024.

UK car production in July fell to its lowest level since 1956 – to just 53,438 vehicles due to the semiconductor chip shortage and the 'pingdemic'. But UK factories have produced a record 126,757 electric or hybrid cars since the start of the year.
More>>> https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mar ... tment.html

Bullshit. :NAA:

Link?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:55 pm

28 August 2021

Britain's car industry is on the cusp of a new golden age of manufacturing

But we haven't got one. The bits left are foreign owned, even Toyota is half French and the EV battery plant is Chinese.

Far from "taking back control" these foreigners are taking over control!
Grafenwalder

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:13 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
28 August 2021

But we haven't got one. The bits left are foreign owned, even Toyota is half French and the EV battery plant is Chinese.

We haven't owned our transport gas electricity even the bins for years.
Would you rather Nissan piss off back to Japan and dump the British workers?
We don't even have fully English football and haven't for years.
Do you want to change the rules so we have to?
I know your a remainer Graff but that means a whole host of other countries' can come and go to the UK as they please but that's OK?
How long have the Spanish owned English waste disposal?
But now it means that lots of foreign investment is coming to the UK you belittle it why is that?
Before you joined and the Brexit debate was raging on here I said the vote (referendum) was ridiculous as you could not give a population largely ignorant of international trade and treaties along with national and international banking along with investment both domestic and international an in out yes no vote.
That was not going to work at all.
I admitted my ignorance and said because of that I wouldn't be voting and didn't.
I asked where was the left for Brexit because the left were the biggest voices against the EU banking and low wages system for years.
As in...

EU's sinister masterplan laid out in Tony Benn speech: 'They're building an empire!'
THE EU has a sinister masterplan to "build an empire" and Britain should not be a part of it, the late Labour veteran Tony Benn claimed in a throwback speech.

Tony Benn says he thinks EU ‘building an empire’ in 2013Mr Benn spent much of his political life campaigning against Britain’s membership of the EU and its precursor, the EEC. It is a tragic irony that his life’s calling was not achieved until after his death in 2014 ‒ but that is not to say his views are irrelevant today. As the Brexit debate rumbles on, Leavers and Remainers alike would be wise to take note of Mr Benn’s claim that unelected Brussels bureaucrats are on an “empire-building” mission.

One of my old heroes.
THE STORY OF THE BANKING ELITES EMPIRE OF eUROPE GAVE US THE PEOPLE MANY BENEFITS AND i DON'T DENY TYT BUT i COULD NEVER VOTE YES OR NO BECAUSE IT WAS WAY TO BIG AN ISSUE FOR THE MAN IN THE STREET.
tHE MAN IN THE STREET VOTED IN... AND WAS THEN RIDICULED FOR BEING WRONG AND HAD TO VOTE OUT?
tHE WHOLE THING IS WAY OVER YOUR HEAD AND MINE.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Red Okktober » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:51 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Now I'm confused. Didn't the Brexiters tell us the reason Honda pulled out of Swindon was because we couldn't make electric cars in the UK.

I remember because I argued Sheffield University were at the cutting edge of design for resonant soft switching, which is absolutely key for giving the electric motors greater efficiency and would mean existing batteries could be charged to a higher capacity. But no. It was nothing to do with Brexit the UK was just naturally unsuitable for building electric cars.

And now it's a triumph when we get a smaller plant with fewer jobs? It's almost as if the Brexit supporters were lying about why Honda left.

Are these 'Brexiters' and 'Brexit supporters' real people this time, or are they part of the imaginary troupe of puppets that live inside your head?

The ones where you make up pretend situations that never happened, then post on here as if they did.

You've been caught out lying so many times cactus, that I don't think many believe you, even on the off-chance that you might post something truthful.
Red Okktober

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:02 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Now I'm confused. Didn't the Brexiters tell us the reason Honda pulled out of Swindon was because we couldn't make electric cars in the UK.

Are these 'Brexiters' and 'Brexit supporters' real people this time, or are they part of the imaginary troupe of puppets that live inside your head?

The ones where you make up pretend situations that never happened, then post on here as if they did.

You've been caught out lying so many times cactus, that I don't think many believe you, even on the off-chance that you might post something truthful.

That's the second time in one day you've come onto this thread just to post abuse?. Why are you wasting time posting abuse when you could be winning this debate by giving examples of all the ways our lives are better under Brexit. Britain was promised so many benefits so which have materialized?

Do we have more food in the supermarkets?
Is the food cheaper?
Do you still have full access to the Single Market because all those German car makers insisted on it?
Is Northern Ireland trouble free and going without a hitch?
Where are those better trade deals?
What about that trade deal with the US we were promised?
Where is the £350 million a day for the NHS?

Post ONE tangible benefit of Brexit or STFU.

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:53 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
28 August 2021

We haven't owned our transport gas electricity even the bins for years.
Would you rather Nissan piss off back to Japan and dump the British workers?
We don't even have fully English football and haven't for years.
Do you want to change the rules so we have to?
I know your a remainer Graff but that means a whole host of other countries' can come and go to the UK as they please but that's OK?
How long have the Spanish owned English waste disposal?
But now it means that lots of foreign investment is coming to the UK you belittle it why is that?
Before you joined and the Brexit debate was raging on here I said the vote (referendum) was ridiculous as you could not give a population largely ignorant of international trade and treaties along with national and international banking along with investment both domestic and international an in out yes no vote.
That was not going to work at all.
I admitted my ignorance and said because of that I wouldn't be voting and didn't.
I asked where was the left for Brexit because the left were the biggest voices against the EU banking and low wages system for years.
As in...

EU's sinister masterplan laid out in Tony Benn speech: 'They're building an empire!'
THE EU has a sinister masterplan to "build an empire" and Britain should not be a part of it, the late Labour veteran Tony Benn claimed in a throwback speech.

Tony Benn says he thinks EU ‘building an empire’ in 2013Mr Benn spent much of his political life campaigning against Britain’s membership of the EU and its precursor, the EEC. It is a tragic irony that his life’s calling was not achieved until after his death in 2014 ‒ but that is not to say his views are irrelevant today. As the Brexit debate rumbles on, Leavers and Remainers alike would be wise to take note of Mr Benn’s claim that unelected Brussels bureaucrats are on an “empire-building” mission.

One of my old heroes.
THE STORY OF THE BANKING ELITES EMPIRE OF eUROPE GAVE US THE PEOPLE MANY BENEFITS AND i DON'T DENY TYT BUT i COULD NEVER VOTE YES OR NO BECAUSE IT WAS WAY TO BIG AN ISSUE FOR THE MAN IN THE STREET.
tHE MAN IN THE STREET VOTED IN... AND WAS THEN RIDICULED FOR BEING WRONG AND HAD TO VOTE OUT?
tHE WHOLE THING IS WAY OVER YOUR HEAD AND MINE.

Foreign investment in UK has been around ever since we sold off our industries. Remember we once had a sizeable automotive industry churning out a variety of makes, but depending which side of the fence you sit on, it was hopelessly mis-managed. That's what always amused me about such daft soundbites the Vote Leave campaign kept parroting (still do!) such as "taking back control". "Control" of what? Manufacturing or immigration? If manufacturing then first we've got to buy back what we sold off - assuming they'd sell of course. Despite being an island country we've never been able to control our own borders for two reasons. 1) The Tories slashed the Border Force by 22% losing 6,000 officers and 2) It's suited UK governments to ignore EU rules and allow uncontrolled immigration. Vote Leave campaign fed the lie that the EU allowed migrants to flow into the UK and the xenophobic right wing media with it's inflammatory headers screeching about "Swarms of migrants" appealed to the Brexiteer.

The accession treaties with new EU member states allowed a transition period of up to seven years, during which older EU member states had the option to maintain immigration restrictions on the citizens of newer member states. They also had the option to introduce such controls during the seven-year transition period, even if they have abolished the restrictions earlier, provided that there was a serious disturbance on their labour markets.

Twelve of the fifteen other older EU member states used this option and adopted temporary immigration controls, but the UK, Ireland and Sweden opened their labour markets directly from 1 May 2004 for nationals of the eight central European countries (EU8) that joined the EU on 1 May 2004. Furthermore, the UK did not introduce controls later in the 7-year transition period, when immigration from these countries sharply increased. Immigration from EU8 accounted for on average 16% of non-British net immigration in 2004-11.
https://www.bruegel.org/2017/02/questio ... ite-paper/

I see Boris' latest line is "Build back Better". He's got 40 brand new hospitals he promised in his manifesto pledge yet still hasn't laid a single brick or dug a foundation. Time he stopped clowning around but the bottom line is he isn't interested. His goal was to get through the door of number 10 to be "World King", but as for work, forget that, Johnson is an idler and doesn't work. Everyone knew his atrocious employment history so why did folk vote him in?
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:57 pm

Price of pint to increase by 30p as supply shortages drive up costs

The price of beer in the UK is set to rise by 30p, even before any changes to the alcohol duty rate in Rishi Sunak’s autumn Budget.

More than eight in 10 pubs have already raised prices or plan to do so due to increased wages, issues around staff shortages and the ongoing energy and supply crisis, The Times reported.

One industry leader warned the average pint would rise by as much as 30p and said drinkers in London would be regularly paying £6 for a beer.

Dave Mountford, co-founder of the Forum of British Pubs, said such increases would be needed for publicans to meet rising costs. “In my pub that means I will be charging more than £4 for a pint of cask ale for the first time," he said. "It will mean much more in areas like London."

Emma McClarkin, chief executive of the British Beer and Pub Association, said: “If the government is serious about levelling up, it must get serious about reducing the tax burdens on our sector."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/busi ... 40891.html
Grafenwalder

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:17 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

Red don't you remember the bullshit from Mungo on this very thread.

I think you do.

I think you're just having a little bit of a meltdown but in case I'm wrong feel free to look back on this very thread to see the claims that were made.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:29 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:Price of pint to increase by 30p as supply shortages drive up costs

The price of beer in the UK is set to rise by 30p, even before any changes to the alcohol duty rate in Rishi Sunak’s autumn Budget.

More than eight in 10 pubs have already raised prices or plan to do so due to increased wages, issues around staff shortages and the ongoing energy and supply crisis, The Times reported.

One industry leader warned the average pint would rise by as much as 30p and said drinkers in London would be regularly paying £6 for a beer.

Dave Mountford, co-founder of the Forum of British Pubs, said such increases would be needed for publicans to meet rising costs. “In my pub that means I will be charging more than £4 for a pint of cask ale for the first time," he said. "It will mean much more in areas like London."

Emma McClarkin, chief executive of the British Beer and Pub Association, said: “If the government is serious about levelling up, it must get serious about reducing the tax burdens on our sector."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/busi ... 40891.html

How big was the loss?

The loss was a record for Wetherspoons at £154.7million, with sales declining a whopping 38% to £772million. It is, of course, worth pointing out that its pubs like those of the rest of the industry were closed for 19 weeks.

But the kicker is the business has recently suffered from a lack of staff, beer, food, and now potentially wine. In a frank statement, Martin admitted the company was finding it hard to recruit staff.

Remind ourselves though that this is the Martin who not only campaigned to throw out the people who’d come to the UK to work, but when the pandemic hit, he preferred to tell staff to find other jobs so he wouldn’t have to furlough them.

https://northeastbylines.co.uk/wethersp ... of-brexit/

Oh dear, how sad...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:30 pm

We all know about Brexit being won by bullshit but we have to move on.
What we have is what we'll have for at least a generation.
All the shouting and brawling won't have us back as members of the EU in a couple of weeks or even a couple of years or even a couple of decades.
It's time to stop feeling ripped off and getting things as back on track as is possible and foreign investment is rising and creating jobs.
Most of you lot won't of course want to benefit from those jobs or industries that are right now being created because it's against your principals.
Some of you will go to your graves still throwing these arguments about.
We know we get it now lets get rebuilding not just the nation but some self esteem too.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:31 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:We all know about Brexit being won by bullshit but we have to move on.
What we have is what we'll have for at least a generation.
All the shouting and brawling won't have us back as members of the EU in a couple of weeks or even a couple of years or even a couple of decades.
It's time to stop feeling ripped off and getting things as back on track as is possible and foreign investment is rising and creating jobs.
Most of you lot won't of course want to benefit from those jobs or industries that are right now being created because it's against your principals.
Some of you will go to your graves still throwing these arguments about.
We know we get it now lets get rebuilding not just the nation but some self esteem too.

Hah, fuck that...
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to UK News