DVLA

DVLA

Postby Stooo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:12 pm

ampedant wrote:
Shortages of valid licences, because the lazy barstewards employed at DVLA Swansea have done very little work since the beginning of the pandemic. They claimed they were open to 'key workers' (whatever they are) but having tried to assist such a person in their dealings with the DVLA it is anything but the truth. Those f*ckers have done as little work as they can since early 2020.

The usual suspect will be blamed, yet it doesn't account for how many UK resident drivers are affected by this. It's almost as if this is a failure resulting from the DVLA failures and the under-appreciation of drivers throughout the haulage sector. I personally know of 2 professional drivers that have had to give up driving HGVs because their licences are awaiting renewal thanks to DVLA delays. They started doing others jobs that ironically paid better than driving jobs because of it.

I've recently sent some docs for updating to DVLA and they usually have a quick turnaround, let's see how long it takes.
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: DVLA

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:38 pm

Stooo wrote:
ampedant wrote:
Shortages of valid licences, because the lazy barstewards employed at DVLA Swansea have done very little work since the beginning of the pandemic. They claimed they were open to 'key workers' (whatever they are) but having tried to assist such a person in their dealings with the DVLA it is anything but the truth. Those f*ckers have done as little work as they can since early 2020.

The usual suspect will be blamed, yet it doesn't account for how many UK resident drivers are affected by this. It's almost as if this is a failure resulting from the DVLA failures and the under-appreciation of drivers throughout the haulage sector. I personally know of 2 professional drivers that have had to give up driving HGVs because their licences are awaiting renewal thanks to DVLA delays. They started doing others jobs that ironically paid better than driving jobs because of it.

I've recently sent some docs for updating to DVLA and they usually have a quick turnaround, let's see how long it takes.

Good luck. I've only ever known them have a quick turnaround when issuing FPN's. And as for trying to speak to a human being there - impossible, even before Covid.
Grafenwalder

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:07 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:
ampedant wrote:

Good luck. I've only ever known them have a quick turnaround when issuing FPN's. And as for trying to speak to a human being there - impossible, even before Covid.

You mean it wasn't simple before Brexit?

Postby drum » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:36 am

I know a few people waiting for licences and documents returned from DVLA , including the ticket for the little car i was supposed to be taking, I'm not taking it without the ticket. That's been a few weeks now and nothing.
drum

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:20 pm

I got the V5 for the car a couple of weeks ago but still no sign of my licence which is total ballache because I now have to spend £120 on taxis rather than hiring a car or a van for half of that while the car is in the garage.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:05 pm

Stooo wrote:I got the V5 for the car a couple of weeks ago but still no sign of my licence which is total ballache because I now have to spend £120 on taxis rather than hiring a car or a van for half of that while the car is in the garage.

I wouldn't resort to that. If taxed, mot'd and you hold a full licence then it will be on the DVLA database and in a 'worst case scenario' you got stopped by police for something, they would access that info in seconds.
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:01 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:I got the V5 for the car a couple of weeks ago but still no sign of my licence which is total ballache because I now have to spend £120 on taxis rather than hiring a car or a van for half of that while the car is in the garage.

I wouldn't resort to that. If taxed, mot'd and you hold a full licence then it will be on the DVLA database and in a 'worst case scenario' you got stopped by police for something, they would access that info in seconds.

My licence is at DVLA for an address change which makes it damn near impossible to hire a car.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:13 pm

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

My licence is at DVLA for an address change which makes it damn near impossible to hire a car.

Oh thats a bit of a bummer. Could be worth a call to police and asking how you stand if you got stopped as you're 100% legit - just that your address has changed.
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:29 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

Oh thats a bit of a bummer. Could be worth a call to police and asking how you stand if you got stopped as you're 100% legit - just that your address has changed.

I have work ID and a personal liquor licence so establishing existence shouldn't be an issue, I have my driving licence number memorised but it's useless without the card. We have regular licence checks at work as well that can't happen without the actual document :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:07 pm

I hired a van three months ago with no licence.
Guy contacted DVLA and hired me the van.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:49 pm

I don't even know what DVLA is. But I know it's another incompetent government agency funded by the taxpayer.

Remember, they are there to help you. :leer:
Maddog

Postby Cobs » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:18 am

Maddog wrote:I don't even know what DVLA is. But I know it's another incompetent government agency funded by the taxpayer.

Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency You Absolute Libertarian Fuckwit
Cobs

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:19 am

Cobs wrote:
Maddog wrote:I don't even know what DVLA is. But I know it's another incompetent government agency funded by the taxpayer.

It's all a part of THE PLOT. THEY are out to destroy THE CULTURE.

Or as the DVLA, for Maddog the equivalent of the DMV, is based in South Wales and many of its workers live in some quite rural locations in South West England. For many months DVLA workers have been literally unable to get to work and because travel rules are different between the two countries and on the English side moves to improve acccess to digital services in rural locations was defunded in 2012.
Cactus Jack

Postby drum » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:41 am

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

Go onto dvla website and download a copy of your license, or print. That option will be there. It's just piece of paper but should work if you need to hire or show a license while your real one is stuck with the dvla.
drum

Postby Maddog » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:26 pm

Cobs wrote:

Gotcha.

So they suck like our agency that gives us permission to drive on our roads.

That reminds me, my truck registration expired about 2 years ago.
Maddog

Next

Return to UK News