Kristi Noem - vote for me, I shot my dog as a child

Kristi Noem - vote for me, I shot my dog as a child

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:51 pm

In 1952, as a Republican candidate for vice-president, Richard Nixon stirred criticism by admitting receiving a dog, Checkers, as a political gift.

In 2012, as the Republican presidential nominee, Mitt Romney was pilloried for tying a dog, Seamus, to the roof of the family car for a cross-country trip.

But in 2024 Kristi Noem, a strong contender to be named running mate to Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee, has managed to go one further – by admitting killing a dog of her own.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/ ... -goat-book

Noem, a South Carolina MAGA governor who was favourite to be Trump's VP also says she killed a goat and some horses.

Others who have killed animals and boasted about it include Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy and Richard Kuklinski.
Cactus Jack

Re: Kristi Noem - vote for me, I shot my dog as a child

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:48 pm

This really has not gone down well.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:13 am

In fairness this is not unusual in hunting communities

If a working dog is not fit for purpose and it cannot be rehomed (which is generally the case as the breeds (especially partially trained) aren't usualy suitable for family life) then they are destroyed

I'm not making a moral judgement just stating facts
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:53 pm

Norman Scott anyone?

Postby Stooo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:19 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:In fairness this is not unusual in hunting communities

If a working dog is not fit for purpose and it cannot be rehomed (which is generally the case as the breeds (especially partially trained) aren't usualy suitable for family life) then they are destroyed

This wasn't a pack dog it was a domestic pet rather than a commodity.

If an actual working dog like a collie goes rogue then it's off to the vets rather than blowing their head off, if it's part of a hunting pack then it will get the same treatment as the prey and the sabs...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:21 pm

Guest wrote:Norman Scott anyone?

'I'll shoot you I promise!'

:shoots dog and fucks off.

Hardly the same but keep trying :wubwub:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby guest » Wed May 01, 2024 3:04 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:... in 2024 Kristi Noem ... admitting killing a dog of her own ... killed a goat and some horses.

Others who have killed animals and boasted about it include Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy and Richard Kuklinski.

Does this mean you are not going to vote for Kristi Noem at the next election when you receive your mail in ballot?

Not sure who Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy and Richard Kuklinski are but I assume you have studied their biographies in detail and won't be voting for them neither.

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed May 01, 2024 8:10 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:In fairness this is not unusual in hunting communities

There was no attempt to rehome the dog, nor does it appear to have been properly trained as there is no indication in the account of a 'hard stop' command - which is pretty much the first command any working dog is taught and you don't let it near anything else until that command is embedded.

What we have here is someone saying they're incompetent at training dogs and far too easily move to use lethal force.

Not ideal qualities in a prospective leader.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Wed May 01, 2024 8:20 pm

guest wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:... in 2024 Kristi Noem ... admitting killing a dog of her own ... killed a goat and some horses.

Does this mean you are not going to vote for Kristi Noem at the next election when you receive your mail in ballot?

Not sure who Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy and Richard Kuklinski are but I assume you have studied their biographies in detail and won't be voting for them neither.

Comment is free friend :smilin:
Stooo
Site Admin

Return to US News