EBAY

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

EBAY

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:39 pm

I've had some right good bargains on Ebay, but have you ever like me, regretted something or perhaps it may have been sold as a size 12, but what it should have said was twelve yr old!

My folly is shoes and I have bought a beautiful, brand new pair of Lipsy boots. OMG, they're gorgeous, BUT, I am thinking on relisting this pair, as the heel is so freekin' high ! And believe me, I do wear about 5 inch ones if hidden platforms are in them, but there's not much chance I am going to enjoy walking around funnily....these are 6 inches!!
My heart is breaking !!! :bawlin:
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10830
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: EBAY

Postby Bella » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:12 am

measurer wrote:I've had some right good bargains on Ebay, but have you ever like me, regretted something or perhaps it may have been sold as a size 12, but what it should have said was twelve yr old!

My folly is shoes and I have bought a beautiful, brand new pair of Lipsy boots. OMG, they're gorgeous, BUT, I am thinking on relisting this pair, as the heel is so freekin' high ! And believe me, I do wear about 5 inch ones if hidden platforms are in them, but there's not much chance I am going to enjoy walking around funnily....these are 6 inches!!
My heart is breaking !!! :bawlin:


I haven't bought much on E bay since a disastrous fake coat fur thing about 12 years ago, it was an expensive scandi make. I was so excited about it but it looked totally ridiculous when I put it on, we had a laugh though as it was so massive. Maybe a sample or something, anyway the secondhand designer shop couldn't sell it, finally got rid of it at car boot to a biker. Still have visions of him riding off in that humugous coat looking like a bear :laughing: And wondering what his lady thought when she tried it on :kinell:
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 6577
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: EBAY

Postby jp761 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:19 am

Is EBAY still popular. :dunno:

My auntie was all over ebay a number of years ago, at the time of the beanie bear craze.
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 7966
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: EBAY

Postby measurer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:37 am

Bella wrote:
measurer wrote:I've had some right good bargains on Ebay, but have you ever like me, regretted something or perhaps it may have been sold as a size 12, but what it should have said was twelve yr old!

My folly is shoes and I have bought a beautiful, brand new pair of Lipsy boots. OMG, they're gorgeous, BUT, I am thinking on relisting this pair, as the heel is so freekin' high ! And believe me, I do wear about 5 inch ones if hidden platforms are in them, but there's not much chance I am going to enjoy walking around funnily....these are 6 inches!!
My heart is breaking !!! :bawlin:


I haven't bought much on E bay since a disastrous fake coat fur thing about 12 years ago, it was an expensive scandi make. I was so excited about it but it looked totally ridiculous when I put it on, we had a laugh though as it was so massive. Maybe a sample or something, anyway the secondhand designer shop couldn't sell it, finally got rid of it at car boot to a biker. Still have visions of him riding off in that humugous coat looking like a bear :laughing: And wondering what his lady thought when she tried it on :kinell:



:gigglesnshit:
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10830
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: EBAY

Postby measurer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:41 am

jp761 wrote:Is EBAY still popular. :dunno:

My auntie was all over ebay a number of years ago, at the time of the beanie bear craze.



Well yea but U have to be real careful and check their profile out. Some are up to dodges, same everywhere though since online retail started. Paypal & Ebay linked, so win win for them. Heard some dodgy stories, but as I say, check out the seller and his bad comments, also how long they have been selling if not a higher score than 99.5., as it may be a scammer just with a new account. It seems Ebay are on the side of the seller from what I have read.

Anyway, I love it, and I love nowt more than getting a bargain !!! :twirl: :yess:
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10830
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: EBAY

Postby jp761 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:53 am

measurer wrote:
jp761 wrote:Is EBAY still popular. :dunno:

My auntie was all over ebay a number of years ago, at the time of the beanie bear craze.



Well yea but U have to be real careful and check their profile out. Some are up to dodges, same everywhere though since online retail started. Paypal & Ebay linked, so win win for them. Heard some dodgy stories, but as I say, check out the seller and his bad comments, also how long they have been selling if not a higher score than 99.5., as it may be a scammer just with a new account. It seems Ebay are on the side of the seller from what I have read.

Anyway, I love it, and I love nowt more than getting a bargain !!! :twirl: :yess:
:more beer:
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 7966
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: EBAY

Postby Dean » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:24 am

Can’t you just chop a couple of inches off with a hacksaw?
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 31615
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: EBAY

Postby Vicks » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:36 am

I sold my first ever item on eBay a few day's ago.
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68287
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: EBAY

Postby measurer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:55 pm

Dean wrote:Can’t you just chop a couple of inches off with a hacksaw?


Only if I get practising on your throat..... :mrgreen:
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10830
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: EBAY

Postby measurer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:58 pm

Vicks wrote:I sold my first ever item on eBay a few day's ago.


They keep trying to entice me to sell, and I should, but that would involve a mammoth clear out and lots of packaging. Maybe one day...
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10830
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: EBAY

Postby Vicks » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:52 am

measurer wrote:
Vicks wrote:I sold my first ever item on eBay a few day's ago.


They keep trying to entice me to sell, and I should, but that would involve a mammoth clear out and lots of packaging. Maybe one day...


It's a good idea in theory Mes, but then you've got to parcel it up and go and wait ages in the post office.

I'll wait a while before I sell anything else.
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68287
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: EBAY

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:39 am

I've had to stop looking at ebay for a while - too much temptation. :gigglesnshit: I couldn't be bothered to sell anything on there either - If I get something second hand which doesn't fit I just give it to charity.
User avatar
Raggamuffin
 
Posts: 29171
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:51 am

Re: EBAY

Postby Major » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:37 am

I have sold few things on ebay.

I sold an Apple macbook for spares which I made clear and even stated the hard drive had been taken out, someone bought it and complained about misrepresentation to ebay who came down on my side.

I usually need a bit of help doing eBay stuff.

I have used Amazon quite a bit and been done for 65 pence, I cannot sleep at night.lol .
User avatar
Major
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:08 am

Re: EBAY

Postby measurer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:02 pm

Vicks wrote:
measurer wrote:
Vicks wrote:I sold my first ever item on eBay a few day's ago.


They keep trying to entice me to sell, and I should, but that would involve a mammoth clear out and lots of packaging. Maybe one day...


It's a good idea in theory Mes, but then you've got to parcel it up and go and wait ages in the post office.

I'll wait a while before I sell anything else.


I'm laughing at Rag's answer - I do the same normally, but these boots - arghhhh. I love 'em and it's not easy for a woman who loves her shoes !!! :grrrrr:

Said boots I bought.
Attachments
26830094_10212974650374229_1457726386_o (1).jpg
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10830
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: EBAY

Postby measurer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:03 pm

Probably wear them tonight !! pmsl
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10830
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests