Stooo wrote::ooer:

I love British Shorthairs! :wubwub:
bella.vita

Re: Kitten Thread

Postby Stooo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:36 pm

bella.vita wrote:

That's what mine is but in black, I'm sure he has some Siamese in him too... :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby bella.vita » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:28 pm

Stooo wrote:
bella.vita wrote:

That's what mine is but in black, I'm sure he has some Siamese in him too... :ooer:

I am sure he is adorable. I love black shorthairs, or British blues. I have a silver British shorthair :)

Can I ask, does yours hate being held? I heard it is typical of the breed, but maybe mine is just a snooty madame. :D She shows her affection by staying close, she just does not like being held very much.
bella.vita

Postby bella.vita » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Here she is. :)

Sorry, am being an annoying cat owner :p
bella.vita

Postby Stooo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:56 pm

bella.vita wrote:
Stooo wrote:
bella.vita wrote:

I am sure he is adorable. I love black shorthairs, or British blues. I have a silver British shorthair :)

Can I ask, does yours hate being held? I heard it is typical of the breed, but maybe mine is just a snooty madame. :D She shows her affection by staying close, she just does not like being held very much.

He's not keen on hugs from me (I hug him like a three year old, swaying him around) but he's fine with my son. He's very talkative and very tactile especially when it's *types quietly* dindins time, loads of taps and nagging :woteva:

Have one that I just took of him:
Attachments
IMG_20170217_184526[1].jpg
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby bella.vita » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:44 pm

Stooo wrote:He's not keen on hugs from me (I hug him like a three year old, swaying him around) but he's fine with my son. He's very talkative and very tactile especially when it's *types quietly* dindins time, loads of taps and nagging :woteva:

They do say a cat can take to one person more than others, maybe he likes your son the most?

He is very cute. :)

Yes, I am an annoying hugger, also - she looks at me as if to say, 'eff off' sometimes :D
bella.vita

Postby Stooo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:54 pm

bella.vita wrote:
Stooo wrote:He's not keen on hugs from me (I hug him like a three year old, swaying him around) but he's fine with my son. He's very talkative and very tactile especially when it's *types quietly* dindins time, loads of taps and nagging :woteva:

They do say a cat can take to one person more than others, maybe he likes your son the most?

Yes, I am an annoying hugger, also - she looks at me as if to say, 'eff off' sometimes :D

It's a three bloke house and he's one of the three :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby bella.vita » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:01 pm

Stooo wrote:
bella.vita wrote:

It's a three bloke house and he's one of the three :thumbsup:

It's a man's cave! I won't ask what goes on in there :D
bella.vita

Postby 4ever2 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:16 pm

Always had barn cats, mousers that did their jobs. But my #1 son was highly allergic to cats so I never was able to have any in my home and now that I'm an empty nester - my mother left me with 2 of her parakeets and I'd be a sorry bird owner if I brought a cat into this zoo with 2 birds and 2 rescue dogs. So I'll just wait.
**OOPS, caught me with my mouth FULL**
4ever2

Postby jp761 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:49 pm

Some lovely pics I see here. :)

I've worked in a cattery before it's fun but can be a tad disconcerting when you're surrounded by 80+ cats :laughing: Cats can be pretty tough and even scary at times some of you will have seen a cat see off a dog.. :laughing:
jp761

Postby bella.vita » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:34 am

Cattery - I'd love it but sounds like it could get a bit crazy at times :mrgreen:

I love these Maine Coon portraits.

http://shareably.net/maine-coon-photogr ... paign=9vRv
bella.vita

Postby jp761 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:25 pm

bella.vita wrote:Cattery - I'd love it but sounds like it could get a bit crazy at times :mrgreen:

I love these Maine Coon portraits.
Sometimes
http://shareably.net/maine-coon-photogr ... paign=9vRv
Yes :mrgreen: Sometimes they turn into their closest wild cousins the African Wildcat :D

http://media-channel.nationalgeographic ... ildCat.jpg
jp761

Postby 4ever2 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:36 pm

This may be a repeat {I've not had time to read this entire thread} but I've been fascinated by the adoration of the feline in the Japanese culture and just how far they will go to encourage this adoration >

Tokyo’s Cat Cafes: Patrons Pay To Sip Tea And Stroke Resident Cats
05/08/2009 05:12 am ET | Updated May 25, 2011
Mimi Hanaoka GlobalPost
I first heard of Calico cat cafe when it opened in March 2007, but then it was an oddity and the preserve of lonely women and cat fanciers. It is now staggeringly popular. This March it opened a second branch in the high-rent Shinjuku business and shopping district. Last October it published a glossy coffee table book featuring its “feline staff.” The original branch is so packed that reservations are recommended on weekends.
Browsing in a bookstore, I found 39 establishments listed in the “cat cafe yellow page” section of a magazine. Calico advertises itself as a great “date spot,” a place to make “friends” — both cats and humans — and a “fun place” to swing by after work.
It had been a bargain, albeit a strange one: An hour of commitment-free cat stroking cost me only $9.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/07/tokyos-cat-cafes-patrons_n_183985.html
4ever2

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug