Do you give money to charity and do you feel guilty?

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Do you give money to charity and do you feel guilty?

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Don't forget that giving stuff to charity shops and buying it counts. They can make quite a bit of money these days.

Many so called charity shops are big business now.

Those extra strong 'charity' plastic bags that arrive on your door step... Are not just for you to use as a bin liner... No.... They are for you to put out your (whether you believe it or not) quite good quality stuff.

Then they sell it on for a mahassahoosive profit to a third world country. Or more likely. Back to us. Via the means of 'Charity Shops.

Big business.

Postby Creamola Foam » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:25 am

my mate was tellng me in the car home last night, that he buys "toms" shoes, i think thats right, apparently for every pair you buy they send a pair of shoes to africa or somewhere else needing shoes
Creamola Foam

Postby Kat » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:27 pm

i give to the heros and do avents for them to raise money - i also give to marie currie - thats it now - both close to my heart
Kat

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:45 pm

No I don't! I will not contribute near quarter of a million per annum for one CEO plus their cronies! While the ones they supposedly help suffer in these lands and beyond! Most the serious issues affecting humanity are of our own making!

Ps, The cure for all cancers has been know for over half a century! Reason few know about it... Follow the money!

I give to temple, mosque, chapel and church. Or when I see one who has need. If I can't afford to give I do!

It is with hart felt regret I recall a man sitting with cup in hand. I put as much shrapnel in his cup leaving with enough to get a Big Mac. I had no need for a Big Mac even though at that time it was a bi annual treat for me!

Give or do not! Stop funding corporations that steal from them they profess to help!
Last edited by art0hur0moh on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
art0hur0moh

Postby Vicky » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:53 pm

Hi Arfur. :Hiya:

I haven't seen you around for a while, i hope you're doing okay.
Vicky

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:58 pm

Victoria wrote:Hi Arfur. :Hiya:

Hi ya sweet viki ;)

All is well with me thank you. Hope with all my hart the same is true for you? XX (Would extra be to much, fk it :) ) X
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:16 pm

Victoria, since you asked and this is the appropriate thread. For the past three months a local individual with not to favourable a reputation and drink issues had a bail condition imposed on him for requesting entry to his home. (Domestic breach) and she is constantly one the phone to him *shish* he was made homeless by the state!

Beavers company has given me a very different perspective in all things I do now! Apart from his occasional over indulgence and inviting individuals round when inebriated I have had the most fun in his company since I can remember!

No future or past! Now is the only time I have for fun :)
art0hur0moh

Postby Vicky » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:27 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
Victoria wrote:Hi Arfur. :Hiya:

Hi ya sweet viki ;)

All is well with me thank you. Hope with all my hart the same is true for you? XX (Would extra be to much, fk it :) ) X

Aye i'm doing great, it's nice to see you posting again. :wubbers: xx
Vicky

Postby Les » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:34 am

I look at this way. Can I afford to buy beer or wine for myself for the month? If the answer is no, then I don't give to charity. That pretty much covers most months. I do give old clothes etc to charity shops etc.
Les

Postby justpoppedin » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:27 pm

I have two charities I give to, both close to my heart.
justpoppedin

Postby Markey mark » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:28 pm

Old workmate in-laws work in a large charity shop , can remember him telling me when people brought items in , they would take the good stuff home and sale it on ebay , and kept the money the them selfs ,

Myself just think there's to many that earns a six figure sum thanks to public donations , only a little money reaches the people that need it
Markey mark

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug