Do you have a dish washer?

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Do you have a dish washer?

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:38 pm

And how important is it to you?

When we moved here there was one already fitted and it was a real luxury because we'd never had one before. We always said when it breaks we won't bother replacing it because we're perfectly capable of washing dishes and we have better things to spend our money on ect... Fast forward 4 years and it's conked out. :bawlin: :bawlin: :bawlin:

I'm getting another one, fuck it!

Re: Do you have a dish washer?

Postby Les » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:47 pm

Our kitchen isn't big enough. If I ever get around to moving, I'd get one.
Les

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:50 pm

Yes, I've always lived in a house where we've had a dishwasher... Well, since 1970 at any rate.

Wouldn't be without one now. :smilin:

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:54 pm

Guest wrote:Yes, I've always lived in a house where we've had a dishwasher... Well, since 1970 at any rate.

Did they have them in 1970? :yikes:

Postby Stooo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:55 pm

I've got one, No washing up everyday and the subsequent water use when you do. I have to consider the complexion of my hands as well :NAA:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:01 pm

I don't have one... it'd drive me mad knowing there was dirty pots in there all day waiting to be washed!! :gigglesnshit:
Gabby

Postby Stooo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:05 pm

Poca wrote:I don't have one... it'd drive me mad knowing there was dirty pots in there all day waiting to be washed!! :gigglesnshit:

You soon get used to the sealed cupboard that magically makes everything clean again mentality, it took me halfway through the first wash :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Yes, I've always lived in a house where we've had a dishwasher... Well, since 1970 at any rate.

Did they have them in 1970? :yikes:

Yes, we had a huge Indesit washer back then. It took 12 place settings. Lasted for 20 years it did. Fabulous machine. :thumbsup:

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Poca wrote:I don't have one... it'd drive me mad knowing there was dirty pots in there all day waiting to be washed!! :gigglesnshit:

I don't put my pots and pans in. They're non-stick so it would ruin them. Same with glassware. I only do crockery and cutlery in mine.

Postby rollup » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:10 pm

Yes but my wife hasn't managed to teach me how to fill it.
rollup

Postby Stooo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:13 pm

Guest wrote:

I don't put my pots and pans in. They're non-stick so it would ruin them. Same with glassware. I only do crockery and cutlery in mine.

My glasses come out great, are you keeping your salt topped up? No problem with non stick stuff either :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:14 pm

jackb wrote:Yes but my wife hasn't managed to teach me how to fill it.

It's an artform Jack. :gigglesnshit:

Everyone learns the optimal loading technique for their own machine so they can get the most out of it... but it takes a few goes to get it just right.

Postby Kat » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:18 pm

no why have one of those when you have a hubby - kidding - no im the same as poca wash and tidy up
Kat

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:21 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

My glasses come out great, are you keeping your salt topped up? No problem with non stick stuff either :dunno:

I'm in a soft water area so I don't need to use salt. They would come out clean but after a while they would become cloudy and finely scratched.

It's complete insanity to put non-stick pans in a dishwasher. You will destroy them so unless you use cheap ones, you should stop. Non-stick pans require minimal effort when washing by hand so it's not worth putting them in the washer.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:25 pm

Guest wrote:

What a waste!! :yikes:
Everything goes in mine. I even put the shelves out of the oven in sometimes, they come out sparkling!! Never had any problems with non-stick pans or glasses either. If it fits, it's going in...

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug