Another baby for Prince William and Kate

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Another baby for Prince William and Kate

Postby Text » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:51 pm

I haven't seen a thread about it anywhere so I felt I should make one.

This news will cause a buzz among wellwishers and it will be a boost for the British Industry.

Congrats to the pair, she will find that her morning sickness is a lot more tolerable this time. I doubt she will end up in hospital again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29108010
Text

Re: Another baby for Prince William and Kate

Postby Dimples » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Canary wrote:I haven't seen a thread about it anywhere so I felt I should make one.

This news will cause a buzz among wellwishers and it will be a boost for the British Industry.

Congrats to the pair, she will find that her morning sickness is a lot more tolerable this time. I doubt she will end up in hospital again.

Not necessarily. Serious and troublesome HG is often more likely to recur in subsequent pregnancies but is not inevitable. Some women - like my own mother did, for example - experience more morning sickness in a subsequent pregnancy than in the first.
Dimples

Postby Snuffleupagus » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:07 pm

Canary wrote:I haven't seen a thread about it anywhere so I felt I should make one.

Lovely news isn't it Canny, and yes, hopefully her body will better tolerate the morning sickness this time around, currently being treated at the palace, and before prolonged sickness/dehydration etc.

Awww though :wubwub:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Dimples » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:57 pm

Ah... so she isn't yet at 12 weeks after all but having severe HG again has prompted the earlier than usual announcement.

What a shame. I read that she's supposed to be going on a solo visit to Malta later in the month, so that might be a wee bit tricky of she isn't well enough by then.
Dimples

Postby Nanny » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Snuffleupagus wrote:

Lovely news isn't it Canny, and yes, hopefully her body will better tolerate the morning sickness this time around, currently being treated at the palace, and before prolonged sickness/dehydration etc.

Awww though :wubwub:

At least the nanny will be looking after George where a normal mother would be having to do run about after a toddler at the same time as feeling poorly.
Nanny

Postby Text » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Dimples wrote:

Not necessarily. Serious and troublesome HG is often more likely to recur in subsequent pregnancies but is not inevitable. Some women - like my own mother did, for example - experience more morning sickness in a subsequent pregnancy than in the first.

I see. It would be interesting to nail down why it gets better during the course of the pregnancy. Typically you feel quite nauseously ill for 3 solid months, then it vanishes without trace.
Text

Postby Snuffleupagus » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:13 pm

Canary wrote:I see. It would be interesting to nail down why it gets better during the course of the pregnancy. Typically you feel quite nauseously ill for 3 solid months, then it vanishes without trace.

Pretty sure it's just because your hormones settle more after the first trimester, although a friend of mine suffered morning sickness for all but about the final month of one of her pregnancies. Poor girl was so pale with it.
Snuffleupagus

Postby Trapper John » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:13 pm

These royals just bash them out, one after the other - still I suppose if you never have to worry if you can support them through their entire lives, it's no wonder.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Dimples » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:15 pm

Canary wrote:
Dimples wrote:

I see. It would be interesting to nail down why it gets better during the course of the pregnancy. Typically you feel quite nauseously ill for 3 solid months, then it vanishes without trace.

It seems to be mostly hormonally driven but varies from woman to woman according to various other factors. When my mother was pregnant with me, she suffered with nausea and actual sickness throughout the pregnancy, whereas I was never sick at all and only felt slightly nauseated from around 6 weeks until about 10 weeks.
Dimples

Postby Text » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:16 pm

Dimples wrote:Ah... so she isn't yet at 12 weeks after all but having severe HG again has prompted the earlier than usual announcement.

What a shame. I read that she's supposed to be going on a solo visit to Malta later in the month, so that might be a wee bit tricky of she isn't well enough by then.

Oh no!!! :brickwall: Poor lass. I think we can safely say that Malta is off the agenda now, unthinkable at any level.

I might add that it's very galling (npi) that some women do not get it at all. Whilst it dominates the lives of others totally. It's actually quite scary to keep being sick when your stomach is already empty. What's that about?? Wtf. :dunno: (the smell of onions floored me every time. Easy to avoid at home, but walking past takeaways was a nightmare.)
Text

Postby Dimples » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:These royals just bash them out, one after the other - still I suppose if you never have to worry if you can support them through their entire lives, it's no wonder.

Not really... apart from the Queen having four children, most of the royals this century have only tended to have a couple of children. That's pretty much on keeping with the rest of the population.
Dimples

Postby Trapper John » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:18 pm

Too much fussing and faffing if you ask me, so she feels a bit queasy, so what? - Indian women drop them in the field while picking tea leaves off the bushes, then just carry on with their work.

Such a load of fuss about nothing - mind you that's women and childbirth all over.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Dimples » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:20 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:Too much fussing and faffing if you ask me, so she feels a bit queasy, so what? - Indian women drop them in the field while picking tea leaves off the bushes, then just carry on with their work.

Such a load of fuss about nothing - mind you that's women and childbirth all over.

It's not queasiness. It's relentless vomiting and that can be both debilitating and harmful.
Dimples

Postby Snuffleupagus » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:22 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:Too much fussing and faffing if you ask me, so she feels a bit queasy, so what? - Indian women drop them in the field while picking tea leaves off the bushes, then just carry on with their work.

You sound like my mate - she's never given birth either. :laughing:

There is a valid point in there though. :doomed:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Trapper John » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Dimples wrote:

It's not queasiness. It's relentless vomiting and that can be both debilitating and harmful.

Ordinary women have a bit of morning sickness, Royal women have 'relentless vomiting' - :roll:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug