The most embarrassing things you ever wore...

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

The most embarrassing things you ever wore...

Postby Dimples » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:09 pm

Inspired by Aziz's confession about his sparkly trouser suit in his avatar pic, here is where you must describe your most embarrassing fashion faux-pas.

As someone who was a child in the 60s and 70s, I know a thing or two about fashion victimhood. Without a shadow of a doubt, the worst thing I was ever given to wear was a gift from an aunt in Canada. It was a green T-shirt, with a printed photo-picture of a little girl and boy, hugging each other on a bridge over a river. As if that wasn't bad enough, she sent a pair of citrus yellow polyester trousers to go with it. :ooer:

It took years to get over that trauma. :shame:

Over to you...
Dimples

Re: The most embarrassing things you ever wore...

Postby measurer » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:12 pm

My very own, MC Hammer trousers! Thought I looked quite good in them too..............thankfully there are no incriminating pictures!
measurer

Postby Claire » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:19 pm

In the New Romantic era, I wore black pedal pushers with lace round the bottom, a yellow shirt with lace round the neck, cream leather ballet slippers with ribbons all criss crossed up my calves, a yellow BANDANA round my waist and an another yellow BANDANA round my forehead.

:pmsl:

I thought I was lovely too! :gigglesnshit:
Claire

Postby Sundaze » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:19 pm

I had a pair of flared neon green jeans with blue flowers on, I thought they were amazing and I pretty much wore them til they fell apart. And when they did I got a pair of orange check trousers with daisys on to replace them :gigglesnshit:
Sundaze

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:21 pm

I lost a bet and had to wear an Arsenal shirt for a day :pukeup:

Postby McAz » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:22 pm

I can remember hopping out of bed half dazed just after an operation to visit the RVS shop not realising my arse was still hanging out. :oops:
McAz

Postby Dimples » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:24 pm

Aziz wrote:I can remember hopping out of bed half dazed just after an operation to visit the RVS shop not realising my arse was still hanging out. :oops:

So more "not wore" than "wore" then? :gigglesnshit:
Dimples

Postby Cleopatra » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:26 pm

There were 18 months between me and one of my sisters and we looked like twins. I remember a neighbour of ours used to make clothes and my mum commissioned her to make us both a pink woollen suit. The jacket had long sleeves and a rigid collar and the skirt came to below the knee. My mum accessorised these monstrosities with brown zip up ankle boots. Looking at the old photographs you can see the dismay in our eyes.

I much preferred my first pair of hotpants, which my elder cousin passed on to me, adjusted and customised. I felt so grown up.
Cleopatra

Postby Dimples » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Cleopatra wrote:There were 18 months between me and one of my sisters and we looked like twins. I remember a neighbour of ours used to make clothes and my mum commissioned her to make us both a pink woollen suit. The jacket had long sleeves and a rigid collar and the skirt came to below the knee. My mum accessorised these monstrosities with brown zip up ankle boots. Looking at the old photographs you can see the dismay in our eyes.

I much preferred my first pair of hotpants, which my elder cousin passed on to me, adjusted and customised. I felt so grown up.

Oh my.... When was this, Cleopatra? :gigglesnshit:
Dimples

Postby Les » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Looking back, the Bros style Black leather jacket that I used to love in the 80's probably wasn't my greatest ever fashion statement.
Les

Postby McAz » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Dimples wrote:
Aziz wrote:I can remember hopping out of bed half dazed just after an operation to visit the RVS shop not realising my arse was still hanging out. :oops:

Why do they do that to you - give you a gown with no back - is it to stop you escaping? :shake head:
McAz

Postby McAz » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Les wrote:Looking back, the Bros style Black leather jacket that I used to love in the 80's probably wasn't my greatest ever fashion statement.

Bros? Now there's an admission. :laughing:
McAz

Postby megaera » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:29 pm

measurer wrote:My very own, MC Hammer trousers! Thought I looked quite good in them too..............thankfully there are no incriminating pictures!

I had some MC Hammer trousers too, must have been around '91 '92?

The early 90's had some awful fashions! Highlights from my wardrobe include a fuchsia shell suit, flowery dungarees that were worn with a hooded top with the om symbol on it and the piece de resistance - a neon yellow striped crop top, short skirt and cycling shorts combo :pmsl:
megaera

Postby Dimples » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Aziz wrote:
Dimples wrote:

Why do they do that to you - give you a gown with no back - is it to stop you escaping? :shake head:

It's so they can whip it off you in theatre! :thumbsup:
Did they not give you some paper pants to wear?
Dimples

Postby McAz » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Dimples wrote:
Aziz wrote:
Dimples wrote:

It's so they can whip it off you in theatre! :thumbsup:
Did they not give you some paper pants to wear?

No pants - though I did get some nice elasticated stockings. :smilin:
McAz

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug