Ye Olde Christmassy Threade - Ho, ho, ho!!!

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Ye Olde Christmassy Threade - Ho, ho, ho!!!

Postby Cleopatra » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:02 pm

Claire wrote:
Poca wrote:I'm feeling festive :SGrin:...... so off out for more xmas shopping tomorrow while it lasts.... :gigglesnshit:

1st Christmas. Enjoy it, it is magical. :wubbers:

Hi Claire. Mine, who are all kind of grown up now, haven't asked for anything this year. They've said they are happy with whatever Santa brings. Making it nice and easy for me. I've done them a stocking each of nice gifts but haven't spent the amount I usually do. I'm looking forward to a nice quiet Christmas this year, seeing extended family on Christmas Eve, but just me and the brood on Christmas day.

What plans do others have for Christmas day?
Cleopatra

Postby Claire » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:10 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
Claire wrote:
Poca wrote:I'm feeling festive :SGrin:...... so off out for more xmas shopping tomorrow while it lasts.... :gigglesnshit:

Hi Claire. Mine, who are all kind of grown up now, haven't asked for anything this year. They've said they are happy with whatever Santa brings. Making it nice and easy for me. I've done them a stocking each of nice gifts but haven't spent the amount I usually do. I'm looking forward to a nice quiet Christmas this year, seeing extended family on Christmas Eve, but just me and the brood on Christmas day.

We're having my parents, my sons and gf's, my mother in law, her brother, and my brother in law. Relaxing Boxing day, then my youngest's Birthday party on 27th.

Nice to see you Cleo. x
Claire

Postby Cleopatra » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:16 pm

Claire wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Claire wrote:

We're having my parents, my sons and gf's, my mother in law, her brother, and my brother in law. Relaxing Boxing day, then my youngest's Birthday party on 27th.

Nice to see you Cleo. x

Nice to see you too, Claire x That sounds like a busy Christmas. Will you be doing the cooking? My lot will all muck in, hopefully. I really fancy lamb for Christmas dinner but someone at work said that would be sacrilege! I don't see why. And I haven't made my own Xmas cake this year either. I'm slipping! Oh, well. :smilin:
Cleopatra

Postby Cleopatra » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:00 pm

Can I be bothered to tackle wrapping the presents tonight. I start off wrapping them beautifully, all neat edges and crisp lines and by the time I get about halfway through, I stop caring so much and they look like they've been wrapped by drunken elves, with tape showing and the ends all scrunched up. Its a chore that I keep putting off. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow.
Cleopatra

Postby Guest . » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:30 pm

:yess:
I got the decs out from under the eaves this aft, opened the box of hearth decs and found my missing gift cards from last year in there !........PHEW .
Debenhams £80 ( I know ! I'm supposed to share that one with hubby.Yeah right :whistle: )
Argos £20 .
Asda £20.
Superdrug £20.
Boots £30 .
:canny:
The Boots one is spent already ,lol.
Guest .

Postby Gabby » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:37 pm

Guest . wrote::yess:
I got the decs out from under the eaves this aft, opened the box of hearth decs and found my missing gift cards from last year in there !........PHEW .
Debenhams £80 ( I know ! I'm supposed to share that one with hubby.Yeah right :whistle: )
Argos £20 .
Asda £20.
Superdrug £20.
Boots £30 .

Are they all still valid?
Gabby

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:25 pm

Poca wrote:
Guest . wrote::yess:
Argos £20 .
Asda £20.
Superdrug £20.
Boots £30 .

Are they all still valid?

The Boots one was fine poca .I spent it all (easily)today :smilin: .As for the others - on the wee card folder you get the swipe cards in it says if not used by a certain date then they deduct a small percentage . God knows what they consider small though :roll: . Hubs is gonna check out the Debenhams one in town tomorrow, fingers crossed . The others I'll check in-shop myself at the weekend . Anything is a win at this point, cos I was sure I'd dumped them out with the Christmas cards and was raging at myself :grrrrr: .
You'll have fun buying for baby . So many things out there for babies .And don't get me started on tiny frilly outfits and red velvet Christmas dresses :wubwub:

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:59 am

BTW what's all this 'Black Friday' craze, twaddle which has made it's way here from America and supposed to sweep the country?

Surely we've had it for years here, only we used to call it the January Sales.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Guest 101 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:33 am

Trapper John wrote:BTW what's all this 'Black Friday' craze, twaddle which has made it's way here from America and supposed to sweep the country?

Surely we've had it for years here, only we used to call it the January Sales.

Walmart own Asda, and started it last year, and now other retailers have jumped on the bandwagon. The good bit is that it means you can do your Christmas shopping at sale prices. Last year we went to Las Vegas in December and I got a lovely new winter coat in the Macy's "holiday" sale.
Guest 101

Postby Dimples » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:08 pm

Oh well if anyone isn't in the mood for fighting, here are some kittens. :gigglesnshit:

Dimples

Postby Dimples » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Oh, has the other thread been chucked out with the overcooked sprouts? :paranoid:
Dimples

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:26 pm

Dimples wrote:Oh, has the other thread been chucked out with the overcooked sprouts? :paranoid:

Nothing worse than overcooked sprouts :pukeup: ............ nice and firm are much more palatable! :leer:
Gabby

Postby Dimples » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Poca wrote:
Dimples wrote:Oh, has the other thread been chucked out with the overcooked sprouts? :paranoid:

Nothing worse than overcooked sprouts :pukeup: ............ nice and firm are much more palatable! :leer:

Correct. Mind you, if they're like bullets, they're pretty nasty too.

I never used to eat sprouts as a child but I don't mind them now.... as long as they are cooked properly. They're nice served with fried bacon lardons and pine nuts. :thumbsup:
Dimples

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Dimples wrote:
Poca wrote:

I never used to eat sprouts as a child but I don't mind them now.... as long as they are cooked properly. They're nice served with fried bacon lardons and pine nuts. :thumbsup:

I've had them with chopped roasted chestnuts.... but that sounds nice, must try it! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Dimples » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Poca wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Poca wrote:

I've had them with chopped roasted chestnuts.... but that sounds nice, must try it! :thumbsup:

It's also a good idea, after frying your lardons for a little while, to chuck in a little white wine and reduce it down before serving it up with the sprouts. :smilin:
Dimples

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug