Women's Room

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Women's Room

Postby measurer » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:54 pm

Okay, I have now used it Pokes, and I can say I found NO difference in removal of waterproof mascara. I still had to bloody rub at them! lol So, once it's finished, I'll carry on with my own makeup removers. I just don't see what the fuss is about this stuff? Maybe that's why it's on sale - I might not be the only unimpressed customer?

Anyway it's Garnier ordinary removal lotion I use, so they aren't losing. I like the soaked cotton round pads too mind you. Bought some in Holland last month, and they are great too, plus there is about 100 in the box, so still plenty left of them too.
measurer

Postby Holly » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:30 pm

measurer wrote:Okay, I have now used it Pokes, and I can say I found NO difference in removal of waterproof mascara. I still had to bloody rub at them! lol So, once it's finished, I'll carry on with my own makeup removers. I just don't see what the fuss is about this stuff? Maybe that's why it's on sale - I might not be the only unimpressed customer?

Anyway it's Garnier ordinary removal lotion I use, so they aren't losing. I like the soaked cotton round pads too mind you. Bought some in Holland last month, and they are great too, plus there is about 100 in the box, so still plenty left of them too.

I use Johnson's "nourishing facial cleansing wipes" all over my face, it removes waterproof mascara too. It only costs $6 ( 3 quid ) for 25 sheets. Best make up remover I have ever used and it leaves the skin so soft
Holly

Postby measurer » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:19 am

Just on about my eyes, Holly, as for my face I use impregnated wipes with Vit C and moisturisers for older skin. "Ageless Cleansing Wipes", not even dear, but they are great. They also have B5 in them too.

I don't like wipes though for taking it off, I feel they drag at the eye area, and you should be as delicate as you can around there. Rubbing with those wipes would take me ages to get waterproof mascara off though! U defo need something oily to remove it. I tend to hold the soaked cotton wool to my eye for a few minutes to loosen the mascara before I then gently rub it all off.
measurer

Postby Gabby » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:14 pm

measurer wrote:Okay, I have now used it Pokes, and I can say I found NO difference in removal of waterproof mascara. I still had to bloody rub at them! lol So, once it's finished, I'll carry on with my own makeup removers. I just don't see what the fuss is about this stuff? Maybe that's why it's on sale - I might not be the only unimpressed customer?

Yep, baby wipes are better than that stuff at removing mascara... and it wasn't even a waterproof one either!! :thud: ..... I'll stick with Floracil, a bit pricey, but effective.... and lasts ages! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:14 pm

I'm gonna give myself a pedicure later..... foot spa and file first :canny: ..... moisturising treatment next :wubbers: ....... then paint my nails :mrgreen: ... it's nearly sandal season! :hap:
Gabby

Postby Dimples » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:30 pm

Poca wrote:I'm gonna give myself a pedicure later..... foot spa and file first :canny: ..... moisturising treatment next :wubbers: ....... then paint my nails :mrgreen: ... it's nearly sandal season! :hap:

Too much faff to do myself.

I am looking forward to having my next pedicure but I am holding off for now because I lost a toenail recently and it's still growing back. :bawlin:
Dimples

Postby measurer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:33 pm

Ladies? Do you contour or not? Do you even know how to? Let us know if you use this.

Also, do you wear 3D brows. or do you just shade yours in? I can do both myself, and have no choice but to shade them, as they are so fair, you can't see them.
measurer

Postby Dimples » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:39 am

measurer wrote:Ladies? Do you contour or not? Do you even know how to? Let us know if you use this.

Also, do you wear 3D brows. or do you just shade yours in? I can do both myself, and have no choice but to shade them, as they are so fair, you can't see them.

No... And no.

I have my eyebrows waxed but don't shade them in. I think those "painted on" eyebrows look bizarre. Shading is fine but not that tattooed look.
Dimples

Postby measurer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:19 am

They are bizarre if we are talking of the "Liverpool" look, but I am talking of professionally done, 3D brows. If did correctly, they can benefit the face, as eyebrows do frame the face. I've did the 3D look, but felt it too much for me, so I just shade them in, or I'd look like I had shaved them off they are so fair! My eyelashes are the same. I have long lashes, but you never see them until covered in mascara - again too fair.

I can contour too, but feel I don't need it as I have high cheekbones anyway, and my face is slim, but I can see why someone like Adele would love it.
measurer

Postby Gabby » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:48 pm

measurer wrote:Ladies? Do you contour or not? Do you even know how to? Let us know if you use this.

My brows are dark so don't really need any shading....... don't contour as such, but apply bronzer where the sun would naturally hit..... forehead, down the nose, cheeks and chin! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:31 pm

Just wearing Elemis' moisturising face mask :leer:
Gabby

Postby measurer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:23 am

Feel like splurging? Then try Prai Silk Hydrating Serum. I was given this as a gift from a good friend, and I used it by mistake the first night. Well it was a great mistake, as my skin was glowing the next day! Collagen is another beneficial cream for your face, as after the age of 40, your body/skin doesn't produce it - this is when your skin starts to change. I found the Aldi Collagen does the trick, and at £2 a bottle is affordable for all.
measurer

Postby Kat » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:30 am

i will look out for that mes - i have started to buy stuff from aldi now and what ive bought has been ok :thumbsup:
Kat

Postby measurer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:11 am

I like a few of thei things Kat, their serums are good too. I use one of their night time ones. Again, £3 a bottle - what's not to like, and it does what it says it does.

They actually came top for budget beauty products in an Independent Review last year. The night time serum melts right in, lovely and light. I think the collagen one says Soy on the box - but I threw box out, but it says Soy on the jar. Gold coloured tab on the box.
measurer

Postby Kat » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:19 am

my mam was telling me about products make up , i bought the baby wipes i use so many great for cleaning
Kat

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug