Women's Room

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Women's Room

Postby measurer » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:38 pm

Pennywise wrote:
measurer wrote:What's your *must have* beauty item?

BarryM liquid foundation. I have real problems getting foundation that doesn't make me look orange, even with the lightest shade. I used to use Boots Natural Collection but I think they may have changed the formula. Bought loads (cheap) to try but BarryM was perfect.

Apart from moisturiser nothing else matters to me. I have to say though that Boots own cheap moisturiser was a hell of a find aswell :canny: .

Which item do you find most useless in the beauty department?

Nail varnish of any colour. I can't stand painted nails, dunno why.
measurer

Postby measurer » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:56 pm

O.M.G girls - I have found the holy grail!! lol I was sent a product called, AlphaH Liquid Gold..........since the first night, my skin has glowed! I can't say enough about it. It is costly, but I managed to get myself a deal and got 200ml for the price of 100! :canny:

Anyway, for those in their mid thirties and up, I'd thoroughly recommend it - it's a real skin booster.
measurer

Postby FFS » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:23 pm

measurer wrote:O.M.G girls - I have found the holy grail!! lol I was sent a product called, AlphaH Liquid Gold..........since the first night, my skin has glowed! I can't say enough about it. It is costly, but I managed to get myself a deal and got 200ml for the price of 100! :canny:

Anyway, for those in their mid thirties and up, I'd thoroughly recommend it - it's a real skin booster.

I am on a research site, and once got the best face cream EVAH! Evened out skin tone, was amazing. And bad thing was no finding out what it was. Is that similar Mes?

The site I am on - http://www.clicksresearch.com/Home.aspx

a ball ache to fill in profile, but get some nice stuff to test, just have to be quick (emails) to accept. :thumbsup:
FFS

Postby Ninj » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:49 am

I use nothing. Not even shampoo or conditioner. Good old fashioned soap & hot water, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash, anti-perspirant and a tiny little bit of something a little old fashioned smelling like Antaeus or Minotaure is all you (well, I) need.

I really have no patience for grooming.
Ninj

Postby Gabby » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Bought some BB cream from Home Bargains........ only a couple of quid and evens out skin tone really well...... just as good as the more expensive ones! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Ninj » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:09 pm

What is skin tone and how does one go about evebing it out?
Ninj

Postby Ninj » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:08 am

Aw answer me!

Now that I'm not smoking and don't have a red male smokers face it'd be sort of interesting to pay a wee bit of attention to my skin but I wouldn't know where or how to start.
Ninj

Postby Gabby » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:41 am

Clefty wrote:Aw answer me!

Now that I'm not smoking and don't have a red male smokers face it'd be sort of interesting to pay a wee bit of attention to my skin but I wouldn't know where or how to start.

Uneven skintone where there's any redness, blotches, hyperpigmentation, scars, freckles etc..... BB (Blemish Balm) can help even it out make it look more flawless than it really is........ without caking it on!...... it acts as a moisturiser,concealer, SPF too.... not usually as heavy as a regular foundation cream!

More difficult for a guy to disguise uneven skintone I guess...... unless you're into wearing makeup of course! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:44 am

All men should moisturise tho' imo Clefty...... helps with blotchiness/dry patches and general condition! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:02 pm

Well fuck you... I'll not bother replying again :dafinger:
Gabby

Postby Ninj » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:37 am

:gigglesnshit:

I have some freckles but I don't mind them. I don't want to get those big liver spot things though.

Is the kind of moisturiser important?
Ninj

Postby Gabby » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:22 pm

Clefty wrote::gigglesnshit:

I have some freckles but I don't mind them. I don't want to get those big liver spot things though.

Are you taking the piss? :gigglesnshit:
Gabby

Postby measurer » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:40 pm

FFS wrote:
measurer wrote:O.M.G girls - I have found the holy grail!! lol I was sent a product called, AlphaH Liquid Gold..........since the first night, my skin has glowed! I can't say enough about it. It is costly, but I managed to get myself a deal and got 200ml for the price of 100! :canny:

I am on a research site, and once got the best face cream EVAH! Evened out skin tone, was amazing. And bad thing was no finding out what it was. Is that similar Mes?

The site I am on - http://www.clicksresearch.com/Home.aspx

a ball ache to fill in profile, but get some nice stuff to test, just have to be quick (emails) to accept. :thumbsup:

Hiya, just seeing this, sorry.
It well could be hun, was it a clear liquid that you only put a few drops onto cotton wool?
measurer

Postby Creamola Foam » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:23 am

Clefty wrote::gigglesnshit:

I used to use loreal men expert, its really good, the effect lasts all day mostly but it is not cheap

I then tried bulldog, get a lot more for your money and it seems just as good :thumbsup:
Creamola Foam

Postby measurer » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:03 pm

If you want rd of the darker spots/liver spots, you can buy creams to bleach them. Moisturiser is just as important in men as Poca says, and if you work outside, definitely should be using it. UVA alone is destroying ur skin. Always look for a moisturiser with a sunfactor in it to guard against the sun outside, even on a winter's day it 's there. It's one of the biggest agers of our faces.
measurer

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug