Women's Room

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Women's Room

Postby measurer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:55 pm

Have pores that annoy you if foundation or powder sits in them? Try using a silicone based primer, which will leave a think-type veil over your face, and you will get a more natural look.
measurer

Postby Gabby » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:34 pm

measurer wrote:Run out of make-up remover and have on waterproof mascara? Grab the baby oil and use that on a piece of cotton wool, it works just as well, and removes it no bother.

Yes, removes it with a lot of rubbing and glazes your eyes over for ages after!!... the best at removing waterproof mascara that I've ever used is this one.... just dissolves it effortlessly.....

Gabby

Postby Gabby » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:37 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Coconut oil, healthy for cooking with and great for moisturising the body. Particularly the nails and cuticles.

Olive oil makes a great overnight foot treatment :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby Holly » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:45 am

measurer wrote:Do you have problems drawing in your eyebrows? Then use a dessert spoon and cover the eye with it, and use the rim of the spoon's edge as your guide.

I just tried it and wow, it really works, I use brow powder and a small brush rather than a pencil and it only took me seconds with the spoon :yikes: ...what a great idea, thanks Mes.
Holly

Postby Holly » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:54 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Coconut oil, healthy for cooking with and great for moisturising the body. Particularly the nails and cuticles.

I love coconut oil, I buy the quality virgin oil in the health shop, not the supermarket one...Here's a tip which I tried and it really works...If you need to lose a couple of kilos quickly, try a table spoon of coconut oil 3 x per day in a hot drink i.e coffee or tea..I drink it as quickly as I can cos I don't really like the taste of it, but boy does it work.... if you need to lose more, just keep on going. I was skeptical to begin with but tried it anyway, I can guarantee you'll lose weight :thumbsup:...and as an added bonus, skin and hair looks really healthy too.
Holly

Postby Holly » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:56 am

Great thread, keep the tips coming ladies :cheers:
Holly

Postby Gabby » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:28 pm

Holly wrote:

I love coconut oil, I buy the quality virgin oil in the health shop, not the supermarket one...Here's a tip which I tried and it really works...If you need to lose a couple of kilos quickly, try a table spoon of coconut oil 3 x per day in a hot drink i.e coffee or tea..I drink it as quickly as I can cos I don't really like the taste of it, but boy does it work.... if you need to lose more, just keep on going. I was skeptical to begin with but tried it anyway, I can guarantee you'll lose weight :thumbsup:...and as an added bonus, skin and hair looks really healthy too.

Really??... never heard of that one before!.... cider vinegar in hot water, yes... but not coconut oil! :smilin:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:31 pm

Holly wrote:
measurer wrote:Do you have problems drawing in your eyebrows? Then use a dessert spoon and cover the eye with it, and use the rim of the spoon's edge as your guide.

I just tried it and wow, it really works, I use brow powder and a small brush rather than a pencil and it only took me seconds with the spoon :yikes: ...what a great idea, thanks Mes.

I just tried it out of curiosity :mrgreen: .... but my brows are higher than the top of my dessert spoons!! :gigglesnshit:
Gabby

Postby Dimples » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:55 pm

Bella wrote:
measurer wrote:
Bella wrote:
measurer wrote:Nail varnish!!! I bloody hate it and never wear it. I think seeing a chip on it is horrible. Actually, that might be an OCD thing!! If I see my young neices wearing it, I take it off! lol Clear is fine, guess it's cos I can't see chips so easily! :ooer:

I'm a bit like that too, I don't like the feel of it and it looks so awful when done badly.

Good to know it isn't just me! And tho I don't bite my nails, I can'y have long nails coz I can't do a thing with talons on! I guess I'm a bit ungirly, just started wearing eyeliner in the last year and foundation, but it interests me.

I don't do the nail thing, gardening, painting and so on but I rarely leave the house without makeup.I don't buy much but I prefer the best. :smilin:

I always, always, always have nail varnish on. When i was nursing, I couldn't really have long nails or have them painted, so now that I can do what I like, I grow them long and have them painted nicely.

At the moment I am wearing this colour:

Dimples

Postby Holly » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:23 pm

Poca wrote:
Holly wrote:

I just tried it out of curiosity :mrgreen: .... but my brows are higher than the top of my dessert spoons!! :gigglesnshit:

Just move the spoon higher up :gigglesnshit: I had to too.
Holly

Postby Holly » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:32 pm

Poca wrote:
Holly wrote:

Really??... never heard of that one before!.... cider vinegar in hot water, yes... but not coconut oil! :smilin:

This will explain it better Poca...there's heaps more on google.

http://www.naturallivingideas.com/6-way ... se-weight/

http://www.weightlossguideforwomen.com/supplement/

http://www.naturalhealthstrategies.com/ ... imony.html
Holly

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:13 pm

Holly wrote:

I don't like oil in my tea/coffee so i wont try that, however...
I've heard it helps you to lose weight because it boosts the metabolism and helps rid the body of toxins...so that you can digest better. it's such a luxorious moisturiser (sp,sp?) too, there's no point buying creams.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Gabby » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:17 pm

Mascara gone dry??..... add a couple of drops of olive oil to the tube and stand in a mug of boiling water for 5/10 minutes! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Idea » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:56 pm

I've had a topical cod liver oil brainwave I'm about to embark on. If it is good for your nails and skin internally it is good for you externally. I painted my nails from one cod liver oil capsule 2 nights ago and they looked so healthy. I usually moisturise almond oil into them but I think the cod liver oil did a better job with quick noticeable results. Yes it's stinky but a nice experiment that was completely my own idea. :laughing:
Idea

Postby Bella » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:14 am

Idea wrote:I've had a topical cod liver oil brainwave I'm about to embark on. If it is good for your nails and skin internally it is good for you externally. I painted my nails from one cod liver oil capsule 2 nights ago and they looked so healthy. I usually moisturise almond oil into them but I think the cod liver oil did a better job with quick noticeable results. Yes it's stinky but a nice experiment that was completely my own idea. :laughing:

Would a tin of a tuna work, I've run out of cod liver oil?
Bella

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug