Any keen cyclists around here?

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Any keen cyclists around here?

Postby Si_Crewe » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:04 pm

Need a bit of advice.

Local postie, who's always been helpful with my eBay shenanigans, went into hospital for an operation on his foot, suffered a blood-clot and ended-up losing his leg below the knee.

He's back home now, I saw him yesterday and he asked me to get him a decent pair of cycling gloves to use with his wheelchair.

And that's where I could use a bit of advice.
I have no clue about cycling kit.
Anybody know what's a reputable brand of cycling gloves and how much I should expect to pay?
I guess that I don't particularly need super-duper lightweight or high-tech ones but they DO need to be ones with well-padded palms, won't fall apart quickly, won't soak up water or get sweaty quickly.

Anybody got any suggestions?
Si_Crewe

Re: Any keen cyclists around here?

Postby Stooo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:16 pm

The only keen cyclists I knew around here are dead, we try to knock as many off their bikes as we can - because they don't pay anything to use the roads - and have the gall to moan at us, who do.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Si_Crewe » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:25 pm

Wasn't aware there was such a thing as "wheelchair gloves" so I guess that's useful info.

Don't suppose anybody around here has any advice about which of those is a solid purchase?

I know there's reviews on Amazon but I suspect that half the time they're posted up by people who're trying to sell you the tat in question.
Si_Crewe

Postby Stooo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:Wasn't aware there was such a thing as "wheelchair gloves" so I guess that's useful info.

Don't suppose anybody around here has any advice about which of those is a solid purchase?

I know there's reviews on Amazon but I suspect that half the time they're posted up by people who're trying to sell you the tat in question.

I Googled for sport wheelchair gloves, I saw them in use in the Special Olympics. I'm sure that there are stunt gloves as well :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:59 am

Si_Crewe wrote:I guess that I don't particularly need super-duper lightweight or high-tech ones but they DO need to be ones with well-padded palms, won't fall apart quickly, won't soak up water or get sweaty quickly.

Anybody got any suggestions?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/louis-garneau/biogel-rx-v-mitt-ec101415

LG stuff from Evans is pretty good value and durable...
Avon Barksdale

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:15 pm

Trapper John wrote:The only keen cyclists I knew around here are dead, we try to knock as many off their bikes as we can - because they don't pay anything to use the roads - and have the gall to moan at us, who do.

Surely you'd be better of running over immigrants, these cyclist are probably tax payers and ones that care about the environment too

Postby Random » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:31 pm

Go to blacks and ask them. If you go to sports direct you might end up with a 6 finger pair.
Random

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug