Egyptian billionaire offers to buy an island for refugees

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Egyptian billionaire offers to buy an island for refugees

Postby sturcol » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:27 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/11843752/Egyptian-billionaire-offers-to-buy-an-island-off-Italy-or-Greece-to-rehouse-refugees.html

If Greece or Italy sell him an island, Naguib Sawiris, the 10th richest man in Africa, says he will host the migrants and offer them jobs in the new country. Here's a possible solution. I bet it doesn't happen though.
sturcol

Re: Egyptian billionaire offers to buy an island for refugees

Postby Trapper John » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:25 pm

It's a fantastic idea as long as the right safeguards are in place and it's a land for everyone.

I wouldn't mind all of our £13billion foreign aid budget spent on helping to bring that about - after all it's a better use of most of what it's spent on now, like giving £millions to India who then spend it on sending a satellite to orbit Mars. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby PinkSmurf » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:54 am

sturcol wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/11843752/Egyptian-billionaire-offers-to-buy-an-island-off-Italy-or-Greece-to-rehouse-refugees.html

If Greece or Italy sell him an island, Naguib Sawiris, the 10th richest man in Africa, says he will host the migrants and offer them jobs in the new country. Here's a possible solution. I bet it doesn't happen though.

What's the guess they would still want to plot up in other countries like the UK / Germany / Sweden and France etc etc?
PinkSmurf

Postby Keyser » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:57 am

PinkSmurf wrote:
sturcol wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/11843752/Egyptian-billionaire-offers-to-buy-an-island-off-Italy-or-Greece-to-rehouse-refugees.html

What's the guess they would still want to plot up in other countries like the UK / Germany / Sweden and France etc etc?

I would say that would be very probable.

You only have to look at the Jungle - everyone wants to come to Charity Island - I am amazed we have not sunk yet.
Keyser

Postby PinkSmurf » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:06 am

Keyser wrote:
PinkSmurf wrote:

I would say that would be very probable.

You only have to look at the Jungle - everyone wants to come to Charity Island - I am amazed we have not sunk yet.

Exactly. I've been told on another site that the safe country rule doesn't exist but I have always thought that if they are in a safe country they are no longer a refugee when they reach the UK from a safe country? France has built them a new camp made from containers which just encourages them to go to the border and attempt to come to the UK. :grrrrr:
PinkSmurf

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:48 pm

You'd think seeing how skint Greece is, they'd sell him an island Tout de sweet, it would solve both their financial and immigrant crises all in a oner

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug