Speeding

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Speeding

Postby Foxy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:56 am

Guest wrote:
Foxy wrote:Thanks, although it didn't occur to me that they might see it as an advantage. Perhaps I'd better read the small print on my policy.

It's really simple. All you have to do is not go above the speed limit. After all if you are driving in a built up area, all you are doing is driving in a relatively responsible way

The area I was clocked speeding is not somewhere I often drive but I do know at one point it was 40 mph. Since then I have found out it was changed about 18 months ago. Now, I'm not claiming that at the time I was consciously thinking about whether it was 30 or 40, but it was a road approaching into town where at some points it is 30 and at others it's 40. I remember from years ago when I was taking driving lessons that my instructor pointed out that it was 40 mph and that when I took my test I should increase my speed to over 30 mph to demonstrate to the examiner that I was aware. It's not helpful when the powers-that-be change the goalposts and I think that they deliberately watch out for speeding in these areas which is both unfair and immoral. Parts of that road are 40 mph yet there are still houses on either side of the road so your comment comes across as rather smug.
Foxy

Postby Stooo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:48 am

Foxy wrote:
Guest wrote:
Foxy wrote:Thanks, although it didn't occur to me that they might see it as an advantage. Perhaps I'd better read the small print on my policy.

It's really simple. All you have to do is not go above the speed limit. After all if you are driving in a built up area, all you are doing is driving in a relatively responsible way

The area I was clocked speeding is not somewhere I often drive but I do know at one point it was 40 mph. Since then I have found out it was changed about 18 months ago. Now, I'm not claiming that at the time I was consciously thinking about whether it was 30 or 40, but it was a road approaching into town where at some points it is 30 and at others it's 40. I remember from years ago when I was taking driving lessons that my instructor pointed out that it was 40 mph and that when I took my test I should increase my speed to over 30 mph to demonstrate to the examiner that I was aware. It's not helpful when the powers-that-be change the goalposts and I think that they deliberately watch out for speeding in these areas which is both unfair and immoral. Parts of that road are 40 mph yet there are still houses on either side of the road so your comment comes across as rather smug.

Three or more lamposts close together usually denote a 30.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Foxy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Thanks, I'll remember that :smilin:
Foxy

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug