Time Machine

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Time Machine

Postby PinkSmurf » Mon May 02, 2016 4:53 am

A time machine? Hmmm I would kill Osama Bin Laden for starters before he got behind so many murders. I would plant something embarrassing & maybe illegal on Iain Duncan Smith before he was put in charge of the DWP. Maybe on David Cameron too before the tories were elected into government and leading to their downfall.
PinkSmurf

Postby Random » Mon May 02, 2016 9:36 am

Frank39 wrote:
Random wrote:
Frank39 wrote:Idly web surfing last night, I came across an American Forum where someone had posted;
If you somehow came into possession of a Time Machine, what would you do?
Unsurprisingly quite a lot of posters said they'd go back and strangle Hitler at birth, slightly less, (as far as I read), wanted to do the same to Mohammed.
Some felt that way about Adam and Eve, some about Jesus Christ.
Some Southerners, still smarting about losing the Civil War I guess, wanted to go back to the third day at Gettysburg, and make Pickett's charge a success, smash the Yankees, then move on to Washington D.C. and shorten the war.
Anyone have any ideas of their own?
Personally I thought that I might go back to the fateful evening last century, when I walked into The Swan, (now closed), at Bricklayers Arms, SE London, got struck by un coup de foudre, and fell bang in love with a beautiful girl.
This time I'd do an about turn and head for The Pagoda, Tower Bridge Road, then maybe I'd still be married to my first wife, avoiding years of self inflicted anguish in trying to make it up to her and my sons.
The romance of the century came to nothing by the way, and after a few years in the wilderness, I had the good fortune to meet my second, and last, please God, wife.

Don't ever regret falling in love, even if it stung.

I get where you're coming from, better to have loved and lost etc., and it took years and years for her memory to gradually fade from my brain, although truth be told, it still lingers a tad as you can see.
If I could have located the cretin who first said, "time heals all wounds", I'd have somehow got my hands on a 9mm handgun, and tracked him/her down around the world, and emptied the clip into them.
:grrrrr:

I missed the bit about your wife and sons. Yes that's sad when children get caught up in it. As long as you've still been there for them then there shouldn't be any making up to do. I think if it wasn't the woman in the pub then it would have been another one.

And I know I said never regret falling in love, but never regret falling out of it either. Things change, people change, or you see them differently as time moves on and staying with someone who you know isn't right for you can be soul destroying. I think I like myself a lot more when I'm not in love. I'm calmer, more peaceful. Less vulnerable and less anxious.
Random

Postby PinkSmurf » Tue May 03, 2016 10:18 pm

Ding!! I would go right back in time and kill Mohammed the Muslim prophet and founder of Islam. Dunno why I didn't think of that in the first place. Doh. That's if he ever existed.
PinkSmurf

Postby luddite » Wed May 18, 2016 9:38 am

I'd go back to when I was 11 and tell myself what a great life I've had so far and to enjoy every day of it. :cuppaT:

Regrets, not a one. :more beer:
luddite

Postby luddite » Wed May 18, 2016 9:43 am

PinkSmurf wrote:Ding!! I would go right back in time and kill Mohammed the Muslim prophet and founder of Islam. Dunno why I didn't think of that in the first place. Doh. That's if he ever existed.

Even though it's unlikely, something even worse could have arisen to take its place. :yikes:

Unfortunately there are masses of gullible people susceptible to evil influences. :ooer:
luddite

Postby Foxy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:47 am

luddite wrote:
PinkSmurf wrote:Ding!! I would go right back in time and kill Mohammed the Muslim prophet and founder of Islam. Dunno why I didn't think of that in the first place. Doh. That's if he ever existed.

Even though it's unlikely, something even worse could have arisen to take its place. :yikes:

Unfortunately there are masses of gullible people susceptible to evil influences. :ooer:

A bit mundane, but I'd like to go back and enjoy a day with my kids when they were small and give them my undivided attention. I always feel I was too busy to appreciate them.

Yes, I'd also like to go back and stamp out religion, but man would have created god regardless.
Foxy

Postby luddite » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Foxy wrote:
luddite wrote:

A bit mundane, but I'd like to go back and enjoy a day with my kids when they were small and give them my undivided attention. I always feel I was too busy to appreciate themn.

I feel that one. :(

I used to be more concerned with keeping a roof over our heads and promotion and worked more than I really needed to.

I'd give all the bonuses that I ever earned for one day with my children when they were small.
luddite

Postby PinkSmurf » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:18 pm

luddite wrote:
Foxy wrote:
luddite wrote:

A bit mundane, but I'd like to go back and enjoy a day with my kids when they were small and give them my undivided attention. I always feel I was too busy to appreciate themn.

I used to be more concerned with keeping a roof over our heads and promotion and worked more than I really needed to.

I'd give all the bonuses that I ever earned for one day with my children when they were small.

Yes. Children grow and change so quickly. My parents worked very hard and were always stressed and tired. Now they're both retired they're totally different people and much more relaxed and easy going. I do understand why they wanted to provide a good standard of living though. I'd like to spend more time with my great-nephew. Each time I see him he's grown and changed so much.
PinkSmurf

Postby luddite » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:03 pm

PinkSmurf wrote:
luddite wrote:
Foxy wrote:
luddite wrote:

Yes. Children grow and change so quickly. My parents worked very hard and were always stressed and tired. Now they're both retired they're totally different people and much more relaxed and easy going. I do understand why they wanted to provide a good standard of living though. I'd like to spend more time with my great-nephew. Each time I see him he's grown and changed so much.

I only started to understand, and appreciate, my parents when I became a parent and only now do I understand the enjoyment and the bond that they had with my children. :wubbers:
luddite

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug