Top tips

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Top tips

Postby luddite » Mon May 30, 2016 8:52 am

Elderly people - don't walk three abreast at 0.05 mph, there are other people about. :woteva:

And don't stop immediately after entering a pub, supermarket, library etc, blocking the gangway. :grrrrr:
luddite

Re: Top tips

Postby PinkSmurf » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:11 pm

Elderly people will be slower, it comes to us all. It's European tourists queue jumping in supermarkets that annoy the shit out of me..and...European tourists who go in pubs with rucksacks on and bump you with them when they turn round or jig about to the music. That really pisses me off.
PinkSmurf

Postby Holly » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:32 am

I don't mind the elderly being slow, they can't help it, what could be more annoying is, when elderly people decide to do their shopping at peak hour when others come home from work and need to rush through the shop to get dinner....when they have time all day to do their shopping.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:38 am

Putting a small amount of gin or vodka in your goldfish bowl makes the fishes eyes bulge and causes them to swim in an amusing manner.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:41 am

Drill a one inch diameter hole in your refrigerator door. This will allow you to check that the light goes off when the door is closed.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Egalabalus » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:45 pm

Save money on expensive binoculars, stand closer to what you're looking at. :woteva:
Egalabalus

Postby Keyser » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:26 pm

It's easier to sharpen an earthworm to a point using a pencil sharpener if you freeze it first. :trollface:
Keyser

Postby Frank39 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:59 pm

Save money on carpet, buy a small, cheap, offcut, cut 2 pieces into into the
shape of a left and right foot, and attach to your feet with rubber bands.
Frank39

Postby PinkSmurf » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:16 pm

Frank39 wrote:Save money on carpet, buy a small, cheap, offcut, cut 2 pieces into into the

That's brilliant.
PinkSmurf

Postby Keyser » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:49 pm

PinkSmurf wrote:
Frank39 wrote:Save money on carpet, buy a small, cheap, offcut, cut 2 pieces into into the

That's brilliant.

I suspect Frank is quoting from Viz Top Tips - but so am I! :laughing:

Spaghetti bolognaise makes great intestines for a badly wounded Action Man.
Keyser

Postby PinkSmurf » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:10 am

Keyser wrote:
PinkSmurf wrote:

That's brilliant.

I just looked that up and there's some on Amazon. I liked Viz when I was a lot younger. It kind of goes with The Young Ones and Spitting Image. I keep missing The Windsors. Watching repeats on Film 4. That's all they seem to show right now. A film is shown a week after being on or is years old like 48 Hours with Eddie Murphy tonight. It's mostly what I watch, films or soaps.
PinkSmurf

Postby Frank39 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:21 pm

Keyser wrote:
PinkSmurf wrote:

That's brilliant.

Actually Keys, I either saw it on some whacko TV kids show years ago, or got it from a Christmas cracker.
Frank39

Postby Keyser » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:44 pm

Frank39 wrote:
Keyser wrote:
PinkSmurf wrote:

That's brilliant.

Actually Keys, I either saw it on some whacko TV kids show years ago, or got it from a Christmas cracker.

Ok Frank. :thumbsup:

By the way I think that you having 'The Knowledge' is a real achievement - I remember a drama many years ago on that very topic. :more beer:
Keyser

Postby Frank39 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:09 pm

Keyser wrote:
Frank39 wrote:
Keyser wrote:
PinkSmurf wrote:

That's brilliant.

Ok Frank. :thumbsup:

By the way I think that you having 'The Knowledge' is a real achievement - I remember a drama many years ago on that very topic. :more beer:

I just asked my wife where the carpet tip came from, she said that it was from a McDonald''s TV ad on money saving tips.
Regarding The Knowledge, that Jack Rosenthal show was on TV just as I was nearing the end of it, and about 6 weeks from getting my Green Badge.
All London taxi drivers are convinced that Nigel Hawthorne's character was based on a Mr. Finlay, a legend at the Public Carriage Office.
He wasn't there when I was doing the K, but stories about him were rife, one nervous applicant moved his chair closer to Mr. Finlay's desk during "an appearance", and was asked if he now worked for Pickfords Removals, as his résumé said that he was a postman.
The examiners didn't just test your knowledge of London's streets and landmarks, they tested your temperament too.
I was asked on one appearance, "by which street would you leave a certain City courtyard?"
There were 3 possibilities, I named the obvious one, he said, "No", (this didn't mean I was wrong, he wanted to know if I could name the alternatives), I named another, he said "No" again, I named the last one and he said, "No, you obviously don't know it."
At which point I rose from my chair and said, "Don't fucking tell me that I don't know it!"
He looked over his glasses and said, "Would you say that to your passenger?"
I learned an important lesson that day, be VERY careful what you say to the examiner.
Frank39

Postby Keyser » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:38 pm

Frank39 wrote:I just asked my wife where the carpet tip came from, she said that it was from a McDonald''s TV ad on money saving tips.
Regarding The Knowledge, that Jack Rosenthal show was on TV just as I was nearing the end of it, and about 6 weeks from getting my Green Badge.
All London taxi drivers are convinced that Nigel Hawthorne's character was based on a Mr. Finlay, a legend at the Public Carriage Office.
He wasn't there when I was doing the K, but stories about him were rife, one nervous applicant moved his chair closer to Mr. Finlay's desk during "an appearance", and was asked if he now worked for Pickfords Removals, as his résumé said that he was a postman.
The examiners didn't just test your knowledge of London's streets and landmarks, they tested your temperament too.
I was asked on one appearance, "by which street would you leave a certain City courtyard?"
There were 3 possibilities, I named the obvious one, he said, "No", (this didn't mean I was wrong, he wanted to know if I could name the alternatives), I named another, he said "No" again, I named the last one and he said, "No, you obviously don't know it."
At which point I rose from my chair and said, "Don't fucking tell me that I don't know it!"
He looked over his glasses and said, "Would you say that to your passenger?"
I learned an important lesson that day, be VERY careful what you say to the examiner.

McDonald's copy their stuff from Viz I believe.

Thanks for that information about 'The Knowledge' Frank - very interesting stuff. :more beer:
Keyser

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug