The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Major » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:33 pm

There is a Hobbycraft shop I go to in Coventry.

Normally the prices are outrageously high.

The last two visits I wanted some beeswax and a large real of really strong thread for leatherwork, , the did not have any, I was annoyed.
LOOK AFTER OUR OWN FIRST.
User avatar
Major
 
Posts: 1889
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:08 am

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby McAz » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:36 pm

User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 24962
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:32 pm

26167070_10208066581460916_3502527919447549086_n.jpg


Great bargain.
A Facilitator Of Dogs Sleeping Forum.

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 66745
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Alba.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Major » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:38 pm



My forum name is Major, please use it, stop baiting McAz
LOOK AFTER OUR OWN FIRST.
User avatar
Major
 
Posts: 1889
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:08 am

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby McAz » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:41 pm

Major wrote:


My forum name is Major, please use it, stop baiting McAz

Stop trolling, starbold, it has been explained to you many times - these posts refer: :thumbsup:

McAz wrote:If I use a forum name I don't call you by anything other than Major - what are you talking about, starbold? :dunno:


Stooo wrote:If I quote you then I need not to use your honorific, which is why I don't.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 24962
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:17 pm

Image

42 years ago today ten innocent Protestants were gunned down in cold blood because of their religion.

The gunman asked if there were any Catholics on the bus and the others told him to be quiet thinking, it was an ambush by the UVF/UDA.

It was the IRA and they told the Catholic man to leave and then lined all the Protestants up and shot them.
A Facilitator Of Dogs Sleeping Forum.

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 66745
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Alba.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:20 pm

201016642-f64feadc-d108-4e30-938c-350aff5122fc.jpg
A Facilitator Of Dogs Sleeping Forum.

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 66745
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Alba.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:15 pm

A Facilitator Of Dogs Sleeping Forum.

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 66745
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Alba.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:21 pm

26903927_10208150325274459_5467268378771912901_n.jpg


The scene from my bedroom window this afternoon.

:snowy:
A Facilitator Of Dogs Sleeping Forum.

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 66745
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Alba.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:15 pm

I bought myself some arm warmers.

Pretty cool actually.

Quite a few of my jumpers have 3/4 length sleeves and you get a draft up your jacket sleeves.

Not anymore.
A Facilitator Of Dogs Sleeping Forum.

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 66745
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Alba.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:50 am

I'm trying to find craft stuff to make a birthday card for my cousin, who is fifty next month.

Finding stuff for women is no problem, but it's very difficult to get nice craft stuff for men.

I don't usually bother sending my cousin's on my dad's side cards, because I've got nineteen first cousin's, due to the fact my dad comes from a big family.

However this is a special birthday and my cousin has had a rough few years after being widowed, two years ago and being left with three children.

I'll buy him a present as well.
A Facilitator Of Dogs Sleeping Forum.

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 66745
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Alba.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Major » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:46 am

Vicks wrote:I'm trying to find craft stuff to make a birthday card for my cousin, who is fifty next month.

Finding stuff for women is no problem, but it's very difficult to get nice craft stuff for men.

I don't usually bother sending my cousin's on my dad's side cards, because I've got nineteen first cousin's, due to the fact my dad comes from a big family.

However this is a special birthday and my cousin has had a rough few years after being widowed, two years ago and being left with three children.

I'll buy him a present as well.



Cut stuff from glossy magazines with a craft knife and gue to an old Christmas card you have disguised with a covering of coloured tape/paper or paint.

Use ones imagination or go to the poundshop and buy one.
LOOK AFTER OUR OWN FIRST.
User avatar
Major
 
Posts: 1889
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:08 am

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:52 am

Major wrote:


My forum name is Major, please use it, stop baiting McAz

Your avvy says otherwise though.
My music making hobby ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:18 am

Major wrote:
Vicks wrote:I'm trying to find craft stuff to make a birthday card for my cousin, who is fifty next month.

Finding stuff for women is no problem, but it's very difficult to get nice craft stuff for men.

I don't usually bother sending my cousin's on my dad's side cards, because I've got nineteen first cousin's, due to the fact my dad comes from a big family.

However this is a special birthday and my cousin has had a rough few years after being widowed, two years ago and being left with three children.

I'll buy him a present as well.



Cut stuff from glossy magazines with a craft knife and gue to an old Christmas card you have disguised with a covering of coloured tape/paper or paint.

Use ones imagination or go to the poundshop and buy one.


Thanks Major for the advice but I've got it sorted.
A Facilitator Of Dogs Sleeping Forum.

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 66745
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Alba.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:17 pm

I needed to order some cross stitch threads and looked on Hobbycrafts website.

The prices start at 95 pence which is reasonable but £4.50 for postage is not!!

I found a nice little website and ended up buying a few threads (77 pence each) and only £2.00 delivery.
A Facilitator Of Dogs Sleeping Forum.

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 66745
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Alba.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest