The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #3

Postby Keyser » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:10 pm

Frank39 wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Victoria wrote:Yes i was chuffed about winning them, it's only the second time i've ever won anything.

The last thing i won was a craft stamp, about ten years ago.


It's about time something nice happened for you. :canny:



Keys, it it wasn't for the fact that I have a great deal of respect for you, and consider you to be a stand-up guy,
I'd be thinking, "That Keyser is a right slippery kiss-ass bastard, with a one liner like that", but all joking aside,
I hope it works for you pal, you catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar.
:pukeup:


Don't hold back Frank! :laughing:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 8198
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #3

Postby Vicks » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:23 am

Image
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64770
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #3

Postby Frank39 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:10 pm

I think that this comes under the heading of mundane.
While in a restaurant last Saturday night with my technophobe brother-in-law and his wife, his wife revealed that she was more than a little concerned about their upcoming week in Lake Garda, Italy.
She knew that they were flying from Gatwick to Verona, but had no idea of how they were getting from Verona airport to their hotel on Lake Garda, or where on Lake Garda it was.
I said that surely they must have had some email communication with the holiday company, it would be on there, e.g. met by company rep and directed to coach transfer, or told to take taxi, bus, or train at their expense.
No, as I said, they are technophobes, don't even own a PC or laptop, my b-I-law's one concession to the 21st. century being the ability to send and receive texts on his ancient Nokia phone.
They got their son to make the reservation for them, on his laptop, and he was out of the country on vacation, due back the night before they were due to leave.
They were praying that there'd be enough time to liaise with him, to get all the info, they don't even know the name of the hotel they're booked into, or its address.
My wife immediately sent her nephew an email from her iPhone, and he promised to send her all the bumf about his parents trip from his laptop to our iMac, then she'd print it off and take it to her brother and his wife.
I'm no brain of Britain, but I cannot conceive of anyone getting into a situation like that, they're hardly senile, both being in their mid fifties.
User avatar
Frank39
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #3

Postby Vicks » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:44 am

Image
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64770
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #3

Postby luddite » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:04 am

Frank39 wrote:I think that this comes under the heading of mundane.
While in a restaurant last Saturday night with my technophobe brother-in-law and his wife, his wife revealed that she was more than a little concerned about their upcoming week in Lake Garda, Italy.
She knew that they were flying from Gatwick to Verona, but had no idea of how they were getting from Verona airport to their hotel on Lake Garda, or where on Lake Garda it was.
I said that surely they must have had some email communication with the holiday company, it would be on there, e.g. met by company rep and directed to coach transfer, or told to take taxi, bus, or train at their expense.
No, as I said, they are technophobes, don't even own a PC or laptop, my b-I-law's one concession to the 21st. century being the ability to send and receive texts on his ancient Nokia phone.
They got their son to make the reservation for them, on his laptop, and he was out of the country on vacation, due back the night before they were due to leave.
They were praying that there'd be enough time to liaise with him, to get all the info, they don't even know the name of the hotel they're booked into, or its address.
My wife immediately sent her nephew an email from her iPhone, and he promised to send her all the bumf about his parents trip from his laptop to our iMac, then she'd print it off and take it to her brother and his wife.
I'm no brain of Britain, but I cannot conceive of anyone getting into a situation like that, they're hardly senile, both being in their mid fifties.

That's a rich vein of mundane Frank.
If ever I have trouble sleeping I'll read that again and should be asleep in no time. :pmsl:

For my mundane contribution, I found a spider in my kitchen sink this morning and as is my wont I found a scrap of paper to extricate it and the little sod ran across the paper and shot up my sleeve. :yikes:

Cue stripping off and shaking pyjama jacket vigorously. :grrrrr:
Cad, bounder and part time scoundrel.
User avatar
luddite
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:05 pm
Location: Upper Buggersdale

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #3

Postby Vicks » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:48 pm

My dad had a very swollen arm yesterday and said my Arthritis is terrible today and said he hoped it wasn't getting worse.

A trip to the doctor and then the local hospital, showed he had actually broken it in two places.

He has no idea how he managed it.
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64770
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #3

Postby Keyser » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:25 pm

Victoria wrote:My dad had a very swollen arm yesterday and said my Arthritis is terrible today and said he hoped it wasn't getting worse.

A trip to the doctor and then the local hospital, showed he had actually broken it in two places.

He has no idea how he managed it.


That is horrible. :shake head:

Your parents are really going through some tough times atm.

I hope they both feel better soon. X
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 8198
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #3

Postby Vicks » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:08 pm

I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64770
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:08 am

I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64770
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:14 am

I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64770
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:55 am

Image

Image

Some beautiful pictures of the Pentland Hills near Edinburgh.
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64770
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:59 am

Braveheart-1.jpg


http://thetab.com/uk/edinburgh/2014/02/28/dear-scotland-35-things-england-is-not-sorry-for-5033

Dear Scotland!!

34 things England are not sorry for.

I must admit some of them are rather amusing.

Image
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64770
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:37 pm

Image

A lovely photo that was taken in Scotland. :wubbers:
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64770
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby PinkSmurf » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:07 am

Victoria wrote:Image

A lovely photo that was taken in Scotland. :wubbers:

It looks like a painting. It is nice mind.
INFIDEL & PROUD. #White Lives Matter
User avatar
PinkSmurf
 
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:14 am
Location: London

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:13 pm

Image

Lovely photo of the full moon in Glasgow last night.
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64770
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest