The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby luddite » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:28 pm

Victoria wrote:Image

I love this picture. :wubbers:

Me too, its the only time that my garden looks as good as next door. :header:
Cad, bounder and part time scoundrel.
User avatar
luddite
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:05 pm
Location: Upper Buggersdale

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:07 pm

luddite wrote:
Victoria wrote:Image

I love this picture. :wubbers:

Me too, its the only time that my garden looks as good as next door. :header:


That's one good thing about snow, it covers all the mess.

My brother is going to help me fix my parents garden next year.

He doesn't know it yet, but I'm sure he won't mind.

Anyway he's a lot bigger than me and he can dig.

I'll do the weeds.

My dad had an operation last week, he needs to take things easy.

Image
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64766
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:41 am

Image
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64766
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Image
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64766
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:12 pm

Image
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64766
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:49 am

As a few of you know..

I make cards and i've just finished the First Communion one's i was making.

cc.jpg



I'll hand them into the Hospice Shop.

There's a lot of money to be made in handmade cards and if i wasn't so forgetful.

(I would forget to check if anyone had ordered one, i would sell mine)

Still never mind..

Image
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64766
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Holly » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:25 am

Victoria wrote:As a few of you know..

I make cards and i've just finished the First Communion one's i was making.

cc.jpg



I'll hand them into the Hospice Shop.

There's a lot of money to be made in handmade cards and if i wasn't so forgetful.

(I would forget to check if anyone had ordered one, i would sell mine)

Still never mind..

Image


They are beautiful Vicky, very artistic and pretty :thumbsup:

You could easily start a business...perhaps put them in to shops who will sell them for you for a commission?
User avatar
Holly
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3302
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 pm
Location: Middle-earth

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:12 pm

Holly wrote:
Victoria wrote:As a few of you know..

I make cards and i've just finished the First Communion one's i was making.

cc.jpg



I'll hand them into the Hospice Shop.

There's a lot of money to be made in handmade cards and if i wasn't so forgetful.

(I would forget to check if anyone had ordered one, i would sell mine)

Still never mind..

Image


They are beautiful Vicky, very artistic and pretty :thumbsup:

You could easily start a business...perhaps put them in to shops who will sell them for you for a commission?


Thanks Holls.

Actually the lady who cuts my mum's hair, offered to sell them in her shop.

That might be a good idea, it's Easter Cards i'm starting on next.
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64766
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Holly » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:16 pm

Victoria wrote:
Holly wrote:
Victoria wrote:As a few of you know..

I make cards and i've just finished the First Communion one's i was making.

cc.jpg



I'll hand them into the Hospice Shop.

There's a lot of money to be made in handmade cards and if i wasn't so forgetful.

(I would forget to check if anyone had ordered one, i would sell mine)

Still never mind..

Image


They are beautiful Vicky, very artistic and pretty :thumbsup:

You could easily start a business...perhaps put them in to shops who will sell them for you for a commission?


Thanks Holls.

Actually the lady who cuts my mum's hair, offered to sell them in her shop.

That might be a good idea, it's Easter Cards i'm starting on next.


Excellent...this could be the start of a little business venture :smilin:
User avatar
Holly
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3302
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 pm
Location: Middle-earth

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:23 pm

Holly wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Holly wrote:
Victoria wrote:As a few of you know..

I make cards and i've just finished the First Communion one's i was making.

cc.jpg



I'll hand them into the Hospice Shop.

There's a lot of money to be made in handmade cards and if i wasn't so forgetful.

(I would forget to check if anyone had ordered one, i would sell mine)

Still never mind..

Image


They are beautiful Vicky, very artistic and pretty :thumbsup:

You could easily start a business...perhaps put them in to shops who will sell them for you for a commission?


Thanks Holls.

Actually the lady who cuts my mum's hair, offered to sell them in her shop.

That might be a good idea, it's Easter Cards i'm starting on next.


Excellent...this could be the start of a little business venture :smilin:


I hope so Holls. Image
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64766
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:51 pm

Those Communion Cards are Decoupage, i tend to do them the most.

I do use Embellishments sometimes though and if it's for someone special, i'll make a Bookatrix card.

thumbnail_IMG_20170208_120144.jpg


That's the Bookatrix card, i did for my mum's birthday last year.
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64766
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:17 pm

Of course..

Another hobby of mine is making ATC'S (Artist Trading Cards)

It's great and i've been taken part in swaps for years.

ATC's are the same size as playing cards and there's always lots of swaps on the go, most swaps have a theme (Flowers, Winter, Dogs, Insects) and so on.

Depending on the theme..

You make three cards and then send them off to the person holding the swap by a certain date and once the date passes, they'll send you back three different cards others have made.

I have no idea how many cards i have.

This magazine ran a swap a few years ago and my cards were printed in it.

ATCS.jpg


I was quite chuffed.

Image
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64766
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:18 pm

I took part in a one on one swap once when a lady in America contacted me and asked for one of my cards and what type of card would i like in return.

I asked her for a drawing of a Labrador.

Here it's

Image

It's one of my favourites.

:wubbers:
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64766
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:30 pm

I was looking through the ATC's i've received over the years earlier and here are some of them.

thumbnail_IMG_20170209_152129.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20170209_151957.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20170209_151906.jpg
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64766
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: The Mundane and Uninteresting #4

Postby Vicks » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:05 pm

I was looking on Amazon at card making stuff and saw these Ladybirds which are on sale for £6.61.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Easter-Wooden-Stick-Ladybird-Decorations/dp/B00TKF9RIC/ref=sr_1_55?ie=UTF8&qid=1486999511&sr=8-55&keywords=easter+card+making

What a rip off!!

I bought these a few weeks ago when i was out shopping and look at what they actually cost!!

IMG_20170213_151719_kindlephoto-91987246.jpg
I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas!!

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64766
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests