Doctors and waiting time

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Doctors and waiting time

Postby Markey mark » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:27 pm

The last few months I been suffering from really bad headaches and stiff next , I made the earliest appointment to see my doctor what was 3 weeks , saw her this afternoon , as I walk into her surgery she had all my details on the screen , as I sat down she said what can I do for you today , before I could get any words out she said how your asthma, told her it fine , then she give me a blood pressure and said that's fine , then she started to about my medical history that happen donkey years ok , after ten minutes asking pointless questions, she said how can I help you , as I said I have been having real bad headaches , she said time up sorry , and said it's ten minutes per patient. And said sorry you have to make another appointment, went to the reception and make another appointment 3 weeks time was the earliest.pointless waste of time
User avatar
Markey mark
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Re: Doctors and waiting time

Postby Stooo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Ever wonder how the government cuts to the NHS will affect you?

Still, bloody immigrants, eh?
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 75886
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Doctors and waiting time

Postby Markey mark » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:02 pm

Stooo wrote:Ever wonder how the government cuts to the NHS will affect you?

Still, bloody immigrants, eh?



My normal doctor that I see is on honeymoon, his husband is high up in uch hospital funny thing you mention immigrants, last time I had a pint with them , both said immigration have made a massive dent in the NHS , personal I not blaming it all on immigrants but it hasn't help
User avatar
Markey mark
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Re: Doctors and waiting time

Postby Stooo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:16 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Stooo wrote:Ever wonder how the government cuts to the NHS will affect you?

Still, bloody immigrants, eh?



My normal doctor that I see is on honeymoon, his husband is high up in uch hospital funny thing you mention immigrants, last time I had a pint with them , both said immigration have made a massive dent in the NHS , personal I not blaming it all on immigrants but it hasn't help


Cutting the funding hurts a lot more. Immigrants aren't being born or dying too much here (the most expensive times of our lives), but instead just pay in. The lack of immigration is about to rear it's head in the form of much fewer doctors and nurses. We charge our own people to take these jobs and it's many thousands so what do we do?
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 75886
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Doctors and waiting time

Postby Trapper John » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:53 am

This 15 minute consultation business, how does that work when you see a family of 8-10 people of indeterminate nationality, coming out of the surgery clutching fists full of prescriptions? ...... do they get a special block booking, or is it 15 minutes each?
Dear Lord, save us from the wrath of the Tartars
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 31396
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: The Emirates Stadium, Islington, London N5

Re: Doctors and waiting time

Postby McAz » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:57 am

Trapper John wrote:This 15 minute consultation business, how does that work when you see a family of 8-10 people of indeterminate nationality, coming out of the surgery clutching fists full of prescriptions? ...... do they get a special block booking, or is it 15 minutes each?

In my local surgery it's 10 minutes per person per complaint.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 21681
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Doctors and waiting time

Postby Trapper John » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:06 pm

McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:This 15 minute consultation business, how does that work when you see a family of 8-10 people of indeterminate nationality, coming out of the surgery clutching fists full of prescriptions? ...... do they get a special block booking, or is it 15 minutes each?

In my local surgery it's 10 minutes per person per complaint.


Just goes to show how things have changed, it was 15 minutes the last time I went. Still we can expect it to reduce even further as more and more people take advantage of our free health service.
Dear Lord, save us from the wrath of the Tartars
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 31396
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: The Emirates Stadium, Islington, London N5

Re: Doctors and waiting time

Postby McAz » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:11 pm

Trapper John wrote:
McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:This 15 minute consultation business, how does that work when you see a family of 8-10 people of indeterminate nationality, coming out of the surgery clutching fists full of prescriptions? ...... do they get a special block booking, or is it 15 minutes each?

In my local surgery it's 10 minutes per person per complaint.


Just goes to show how things have changed, it was 15 minutes the last time I went. Still we can expect it to reduce even further as more and more people take advantage of our free health service.


Yes, immigration from Africa and the Asia will inevitably rise with Brexit - but hey, glad you got your country back. :thumbsup:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 21681
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am


Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest