All About Dogs..

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: All About Dogs..

Postby Vicky » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:55 pm

That's a handy way to transport the fur-balls.

:wubbers:
Vicky

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:45 am

Based on my star sign (yea I know but it fits) I was told I should get one of these

Not sure I could keep up with it though.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Vicky » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:27 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Based on my star sign (yea I know but it fits) I was told I should get one of these

Nice wee dogs Lady M and you won't have to put up with this as i do with a seven and a half stone Labrador.

Vicky

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:35 am

Vicky wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Based on my star sign (yea I know but it fits) I was told I should get one of these

Nice wee dogs Lady M and you won't have to put up with this as i do with a seven and a half stone Labrador.

Hehe. My friend has a toy poodle (apparently that means small poodle) and he dominates the bed, doesn't like anyone sitting in his front seat of the car and won't let her date without his approval. :gigglesnshit:

The little dogs seem the most vicious.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Vicky » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:44 pm

Halloween for dogs.

Vicky

Postby jp761 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:58 pm

Do any of you guys watch, For the love of Dogs? It's back on tonight. I usually watch it.
jp761

Postby Vicky » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:43 am

jp761 wrote:Do any of you guys watch, For the love of Dogs? It's back on tonight. I usually watch it.

I find it upsetting JP.
Vicky

Postby jp761 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Vicky wrote:
jp761 wrote:Do any of you guys watch, For the love of Dogs? It's back on tonight. I usually watch it.

I find it upsetting JP.
There is that of course, but Paul O'Grady must be one of the biggest dog lovers around. And he seems to think the positive outweighs the negative. Mind you he is also getting a big pay cheque no doubt, even for such a dog lover the money is clearly a nice bonus. :mrgreen:
jp761

Postby grice pudding » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Not a big Paul fan, JP, but I watch the show as I love animals.
I also find it upsetting when they have to put a dog down or neglect is featured; I usually end up roaring.
The sweetest dalmation cross was on the other night, she had 11 puppies, and I blubbed when she got a new home with loving owners.
I'm a real softy where animals are concerned.
grice pudding

Postby Vicky » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:59 pm

jp761 wrote:
Vicky wrote:

I find it upsetting JP.
There is that of course, but Paul O'Grady must be one of the biggest dog lovers around. And he seems to think the positive outweighs the negative. Mind you he is also getting a big pay cheque no doubt, even for such a dog lover the money is clearly a nice bonus. :mrgreen:

Several people have suggested I help out with the SSPCA, but I don't have the temperament for it.

A. I'd probably want to bring all the dogs home.

B. I would probably end up belting someone, who had abused one of the animals.
Vicky

Postby jp761 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:07 pm

grice pudding wrote:Not a big Paul fan, JP, but I watch the show as I love animals.
I also find it upsetting when they have to put a dog down or neglect is featured; I usually end up roaring.
The sweetest dalmation cross was on the other night, she had 11 puppies, and I blubbed when she got a new home with loving owners.
I'm a real softy where animals are concerned.
It can be upsetting, but at least you know those guys wont do it unless it's absolutely necessary. Same here animal lover, they were cute and it was a great ending.
jp761

Postby jp761 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Vicky wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Vicky wrote:

I find it upsetting JP.

Several people have suggested I help out with the SSPCA, but I don't have the temperament for it.

A. I'd probably want to bring all the dogs home.

B. I would probably end up belting someone, who had abused one of the animals.
I know what you mean. Yeah some people deserve a smack that's for sure.

But I actually respect those people who do realise very quickly when they can no longer look after an animal properly and who take it to an animal sanctuary or dogs home, those folks are obviously different. The animal will still be in good condition. Fair play if someone does this.

The message is if you can't look after your animal properly take it to someone who can pronto!
jp761

Postby Vicky » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:06 am

jp761 wrote:know what you mean. Yeah some people deserve a smack that's for sure.

But I actually respect those people who do realise very quickly when they can no longer look after an animal properly and who take it to an animal sanctuary or dogs home, those folks are obviously different. The animal will still be in good condition. Fair play if someone does this.

The message is if you can't look after your animal properly take it to someone who can pronto!

It must be quite sad having to part with an animal you've loved for years, if your elderly and you have to move to a care home.
Vicky

Postby jp761 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:33 pm

Vicky wrote:
jp761 wrote:know what you mean. Yeah some people deserve a smack that's for sure.

It must be quite sad having to part with an animal you've loved for years, if your elderly and you have to move to a care home.
Yes very true, and the elderly are the main ones who have the sense to know when they can't look after their pets properly, anyone. They don't usually wait it out, they want what's best for their pets.
jp761

Postby Vicky » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:29 pm

22813952_1731814350170961_6746680878843565376_n.jpg

Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug