Councils & Bins

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Councils & Bins

Postby Major Starbold » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:11 am

Families who overload their bins risk £2,500 fines and criminal convictions.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4rhd0zF87
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

How ridiculous, councils are partly responsible for making it difficult to get rid of our rubbish.
Just look at various areas you travel through and see the disgusting bins obstructing pavements, roads, streets, estates in general.

We can put vegetation in our bins but not unused soil from plant pots.

The councils are making money from our rubbish and causing a horrible mess doing such.
LOOK AFTER OUR OWN FIRST.
User avatar
Major Starbold
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:08 am

Re: Councils & Bins

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:37 pm

Major Starbold wrote:Families who overload their bins risk £2,500 fines and criminal convictions.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4rhd0zF87
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

How ridiculous, councils are partly responsible for making it difficult to get rid of our rubbish.
Just look at various areas you travel through and see the disgusting bins obstructing pavements, roads, streets, estates in general.

We can put vegetation in our bins but not unused soil from plant pots.

The councils are making money from our rubbish and causing a horrible mess doing such.


Who checks if it's unused?
My music making hobby ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: Councils & Bins

Postby Markey mark » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:17 pm

Before the bin lorries come , we have a man from the council checking the bins , and if he not happy , the bin lorry won't take you bin and you get a warning letter , suppose with lot of people it's easier to fly tip in the night
User avatar
Markey mark
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Re: Councils & Bins

Postby Vicky » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:37 am

Markey mark wrote:Before the bin lorries come , we have a man from the council checking the bins , and if he not happy , the bin lorry won't take you bin and you get a warning letter , suppose with lot of people it's easier to fly tip in the night


Where I stay folk used to get a huge sticker on their bin saying "We can't empty it because you public such and such in the bin and that's not allowed"

It's not long until we're moving on to the black bins getting emptied every three weeks.

Yet they're going to start emptying the garden bin every week.

North Lanarkshire Council couldn't run a ménage.

:roll:
54 Titles And Still Going Strong.

W.A.T.P.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 63395
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Councils & Bins

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:29 pm

Why don't people vote in councils who will stop this practice?

I read a lot on here about democracy but I doubt that many actually vote in local elections.

If you want a future that doesn't involve possible prosecution for overfilling bins then find out which party which opposes it and frigging vote for them, if you're that impassioned then campaign for them!

It's far easier to moan and be rolled over by stuff like this than to actually do something about it :woteva:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 75886
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Councils & Bins

Postby Vicky » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:55 am

Stooo wrote:Why don't people vote in councils who will stop this practice?

I read a lot on here about democracy but I doubt that many actually vote in local elections.

If you want a future that doesn't involve possible prosecution for overfilling bins then find out which party which opposes it and frigging vote for them, if you're that impassioned then campaign for them!

It's far easier to moan and be rolled over by stuff like this than to actually do something about it :woteva:


My dad's going to a council meeting to complain about it Stooo.

He'll probably end up getting lifted, he's got a very short fuse.
54 Titles And Still Going Strong.

W.A.T.P.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 63395
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Councils & Bins

Postby Vicky » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:17 am

It's the first day of our new bin system and nobody has a clue what's going on.

Every household has four bins and we've put all four of them out.

There's no space on the pavement to walk now.
54 Titles And Still Going Strong.

W.A.T.P.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 63395
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Councils & Bins

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Recycle day yesterday, they've managed to lose one of our recycle bins again :roll:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 75886
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Councils & Bins

Postby Vicky » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:35 am

Stooo wrote:Recycle day yesterday, they've managed to lose one of our recycle bins again :roll:


Did they leave it half way along the street Stooo? That happened to me a while back.

I found it down near the shops, gawd knows how it got there.

Image
54 Titles And Still Going Strong.

W.A.T.P.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 63395
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Councils & Bins

Postby Vicky » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:39 am

Someone nicked my Gran's bin once, she phoned 999 to report it.

When they found out she was in her eighties, they didn't charge her with misusing the emergency number.
54 Titles And Still Going Strong.

W.A.T.P.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 63395
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Councils & Bins

Postby Markey mark » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:27 pm

few year back a London council had ordered the wrong size recycling lorries , the recycling lorries were half the size that they expected to have , the recycled lorries were fulling loaded in no time , so the recycle Lorry would meet up with the landfill lorry and throw the recycle waste into the landfill lorry , and would tipped in landfill , but the same council would punish its residents for not using their bins properly, even though the council was breaking the rules themselves
User avatar
Markey mark
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Re: Councils & Bins

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:50 pm

Markey mark wrote:few year back a London council had ordered the wrong size recycling lorries , the recycling lorries were half the size that they expected to have , the recycled lorries were fulling loaded in no time , so the recycle Lorry would meet up with the landfill lorry and throw the recycle waste into the landfill lorry , and would tipped in landfill , but the same council would punish its residents for not using their bins properly, even though the council was breaking the rules themselves


It must be really shit in your world Markey
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Councils & Bins

Postby Markey mark » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:01 pm

Guest wrote:
Markey mark wrote:few year back a London council had ordered the wrong size recycling lorries , the recycling lorries were half the size that they expected to have , the recycled lorries were fulling loaded in no time , so the recycle Lorry would meet up with the landfill lorry and throw the recycle waste into the landfill lorry , and would tipped in landfill , but the same council would punish its residents for not using their bins properly, even though the council was breaking the rules themselves


It must be really shit in your world Markey



Not at all it's beautiful, couldn't ask for a better life , lovely daughter , grandsons , partner , lovely home , great job and plenty of money , plus my two cats dolly and olly , couldn't ask for more in life , it here on a plate
User avatar
Markey mark
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Re: Councils & Bins

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:27 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Guest wrote:
Markey mark wrote:few year back a London council had ordered the wrong size recycling lorries , the recycling lorries were half the size that they expected to have , the recycled lorries were fulling loaded in no time , so the recycle Lorry would meet up with the landfill lorry and throw the recycle waste into the landfill lorry , and would tipped in landfill , but the same council would punish its residents for not using their bins properly, even though the council was breaking the rules themselves


It must be really shit in your world Markey



Not at all it's beautiful, couldn't ask for a better life , lovely daughter , grandsons , partner , lovely home , great job and plenty of money , plus my two cats dolly and olly , couldn't ask for more in life , it here on a plate

The cats there on a plate?
Or your lifes on a plate?
Your money is on a plate?
My music making hobby ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm


Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest