Pituitary tumor

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Pituitary tumor

Postby Markey mark » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:46 pm

Some advice please on this matter , have any of you have had a love one or friend suffering from pituitary tumor , any advice please on this matter please
User avatar
Markey mark
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Re: Pituitary tumor

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:59 pm

Markey mark wrote:Some advice please on this matter , have any of you have had a love one or friend suffering from pituitary tumor , any advice please on this matter please

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pitui ... e&ie=UTF-8
My music making hobby ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: Pituitary tumor

Postby Markey mark » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:03 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Markey mark wrote:Some advice please on this matter , have any of you have had a love one or friend suffering from pituitary tumor , any advice please on this matter please

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pitui ... e&ie=UTF-8



Thanks jack , just like any advice from anyone on here that’s either had it or cared for someone that had it ,
User avatar
Markey mark
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Re: Pituitary tumor

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:37 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Markey mark wrote:Some advice please on this matter , have any of you have had a love one or friend suffering from pituitary tumor , any advice please on this matter please

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pitui ... e&ie=UTF-8



Thanks jack , just like any advice from anyone on here that’s either had it or cared for someone that had it ,

Not someone close to you I hope.
My music making hobby ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: Pituitary tumor

Postby Markey mark » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:58 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Markey mark wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Markey mark wrote:Some advice please on this matter , have any of you have had a love one or friend suffering from pituitary tumor , any advice please on this matter please

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pitui ... e&ie=UTF-8



Thanks jack , just like any advice from anyone on here that’s either had it or cared for someone that had it ,

Not someone close to you I hope.




Sadly yes
User avatar
Markey mark
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Re: Pituitary tumor

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:37 pm

Pituitary tumours start in the pituitary gland, which produces and helps regulate hormones. Pituitary tumours, sometimes called adenomas, are usually benign (non-cancerous).
Symptoms can be caused by a tumour producing extra hormones, or by not producing enough hormones. Other symptoms can be caused by the tumour pressing on the optic (eye) nerve. These include headaches and vision problems.

To diagnose a pituitary tumour, you will need different tests. These include blood tests, eye tests, and a CT scan or MRI scan.

Your specialist will talk to you about the best treatment for you and explain its benefits and disadvantages. Surgery is the most common treatment. The operation is done through the nose without having to open the skull. Radiotherapy is sometimes used after surgery. Some people with small tumours may have a specialised type of targeted radiotherapy called stereotactic radiosurgery.

Doctors often treat tumours that produce a hormone called prolactin with drugs that reduce prolactin levels.

If the whole pituitary gland is removed, you will need to take drugs to replace the hormones that are normally produced (hormone replacement). http://www.macmillan.org.uk/information ... mours.html

Usually benign.
Benign means non cancerous but it doesn't mean none problematic.
I have benign tumours on three different parts of my spinal cord that give me all manner of problems but they aren't going to kill me.
The spinal cord sends and receives all the messages needed to and from tissue muscles organs etc.
The tumours interfere with all of that and cause a lot of pain loss of feeling weird feelings and so on.
The problem with tumours in your head which this is are they can quickly develop into vision problems headaches (pain) and a host of other problems.
First things first .... are they benign?
Find out.
If they are benign they'll want to operate before problems become to difficult.
It's quite common and operations are normally problem free.
All the best to you and your friend/loved one.
My music making hobby ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm


Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests