Family Feuds..

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Family Feuds..

Postby Vicks » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:03 am

As most people know I was at the funeral of my dad's eldest brother yesterday.

My dad had four brothers and three sisters.

However his Brother D hasn't spoken to his brother S for years and even yesterday, D kept turning his back on S, even though S would like to be on speaking terms again.

They aren't young men, S is 84 and D is 80.

D took offence over something very trivial years ago and by the looks of things, he has no intention of speaking to his brother ever again.

Would you make peace with a sibling or would you have nothing more to do with them?
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68274
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Family Feuds..

Postby Vicks » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:14 am

I suppose it's inevitable in a situation like this, it affects the rest of the family.

D told my dad that after what S did, he should show loyalty and not speak to S either.

However my dad told him to stop acting like a big wean.

That didn't go down well.
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68274
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Family Feuds..

Postby Gabby » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:05 pm

Family feuds... don't you just love 'em :thud: ..... I've had a few run ins with family....... mostly because I engage my gob before my brain.... sometimes things just have to be said! :snooty:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 15259
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Family Feuds..

Postby Major » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:07 pm

Deffo make peace if it was originally a triviality as you are dead a long time.
User avatar
Major
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:08 am

Re: Family Feuds..

Postby Vicks » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Major Starbold wrote:Deffo make peace if it was originally a triviality as you are dead a long time.


It was like this..

His brothers were in a Christmas Club where they paid a couple of pounds each week and got over a £100 at the end of the year.

Brother D goes on holiday and when he returns, he discovers S didn't pay his money in while he was away.

He told S "I asked you to pay while i was on holiday" S said "No you didn't, i assumed you paid your money before you went"

Well that's why D refuses to speak to him.
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68274
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Family Feuds..

Postby Vicks » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:36 pm

My Mum's side of the family..

It's her sister's birthday today, but she won't be getting any cards.

My mum has nothing to do with her and their brother hasn't spoken to her for more than thirty years.

The woman is evil and has caused more trouble and bad feeling, than you would think was capable for one person.

She spreads her poison everywhere she goes and it's hard to believe my Gran had two daughters, who could be so different.

A woman quit her job because of her bullying her and if i told you everything else she'd done, i would still be standing here next week.
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68274
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Family Feuds..

Postby Vicks » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:38 am

Yesterday was certainly an eye opener and it's left me with no choice but to disown one of my father's niece's.

Fuck knows what's going on in that silly cows head but it's no longer my problem.

My Granny never did like that son and his family, I can see why now.
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68274
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Family Feuds..

Postby Guest » Tue May 01, 2018 7:27 pm

I think it's best to play mediator. Not agree with any side in full but try and get the other to see the opposite point of view. My mum and my brother have been at war for a good 12 months. Wrongs on both sides. Squabbling and bringing up the past. Both try and get me fully on their side. It ain't happening! I'd never disown anyone. It's sounds utterly childish.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Family Feuds..

Postby Stooo » Tue May 01, 2018 8:07 pm

One day, maybe.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 82845
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Family Feuds..

Postby Vicks » Wed May 02, 2018 6:33 am

Guest wrote:I think it's best to play mediator. Not agree with any side in full but try and get the other to see the opposite point of view. My mum and my brother have been at war for a good 12 months. Wrongs on both sides. Squabbling and bringing up the past. Both try and get me fully on their side. It ain't happening! I'd never disown anyone. It's sounds utterly childish.


What if someone did something really really bad to one of your parents?

Would you say "I forgive you, now do you want a cup of tea?'
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68274
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Family Feuds..

Postby Vicks » Wed May 02, 2018 7:01 am

Stooo wrote:One day, maybe.


I think someone needs to make a very genuine and sincere apology.

(I don't mean you Stooo)

:wubbers:
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68274
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Family Feuds..

Postby Markey mark » Fri May 11, 2018 7:26 pm

Vicks wrote:As most people know I was at the funeral of my dad's eldest brother yesterday.

My dad had four brothers and three sisters.

However his Brother D hasn't spoken to his brother S for years and even yesterday, D kept turning his back on S, even though S would like to be on speaking terms again.

They aren't young men, S is 84 and D is 80.

D took offence over something very trivial years ago and by the looks of things, he has no intention of speaking to his brother ever again.

Would you make peace with a sibling or would you have nothing more to do with them?






Unfortunately my oldest brother we stopped speaking to each other mainly me , because he started to deal in certain low life drugs , he was killed in the early 90s , I have regretted it terribly in my part in not speaking to him in his last years , perhaps I should of been the better man , and help him , who knows
User avatar
Markey mark
 
Posts: 1151
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Re: Family Feuds..

Postby Guest » Fri May 11, 2018 8:52 pm

Vicks wrote:I suppose it's inevitable in a situation like this, it affects the rest of the family.

D told my dad that after what S did, he should show loyalty and not speak to S either.

However my dad told him to stop acting like a big wean.

That didn't go down well.


I always thought that bad weather had a lot to do with family feuds, and you have plenty of that up there. :paranoid:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Family Feuds..

Postby Vicks » Sat May 12, 2018 7:49 am

Guest wrote:
Vicks wrote:I suppose it's inevitable in a situation like this, it affects the rest of the family.

D told my dad that after what S did, he should show loyalty and not speak to S either.

However my dad told him to stop acting like a big wean.

That didn't go down well.


I always thought that bad weather had a lot to do with family feuds, and you have plenty of that up there. :paranoid:


We sure do Guesty.

Anyway things have thawed between two of my uncles, their eldest brother dying seems to have done it.

However my mum and her brother will never speak to their sister ever again.

She's evil.

As I've said before, her bullying caused a woman to leave her job and as for the stuff she's done to her siblings, you wouldn't believe it.
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68274
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Family Feuds..

Postby Mickyboy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:18 am

Hmmmmm where do I start..........but after getting cut off the other night I'm not even going there this time........
User avatar
Mickyboy
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests